Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's okay.

Insanely slow paced with mediocre enemy design. Combo abilities are a fun concept but a poo poo ton of them are boring/lame and only a handful are actually worth using more then the initial "haha that's funny" period.

Best original OST in the series though and the actual art design is stellar. It's a alright kirb.

As much as I love Kirby that's probably right. I'd probably still put it above the Dream Land series though (and this is from someone that 100%ed Dream Land 3).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

A former dreamworks animator was a design teacher at my university and the advice he gave me was to stop sucking dick down at the docks for petty cash
Smh. Those who can't, teach.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

After my Bloodborne playthrough I want to go play Dark Souls for the first time. I feel like at this point I should wait for the remaster though
:same: Was literally going to play it after Nioh (which is a very good game but I think goes on way too long in a detrimental way. If I have to face one more boss that can hyper armor even out of back attacks...) and maybe Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

raditts posted:

So I'm playing Zelda picross and I'm utterly stumped on #8, none of the puzzles before or after this one are remotely as... puzzling

(I don't know why my phone camera saved this as a gif)

Can someone give me a hint on this on where to start? The blocks I filled in are the only ones I can figure out logically, and I don't want to cheat or spoil the solution.
Taken with precision's hint, sometimes you can figure out not just fills but spaces as well. Still not getting it? Do any filled squares necessitate a space next to it? For example, if it's a fill near the beginning and it being either the first or second of the numbers the answer/hint provides? Maybe because of available space? Look at the side (horizontal) hints and think about what that means for spaces if that hit is part of a number. If you're not sure which it is fill it in as both and look for similarities!. Here's an answer: The square that you got from 2 3 1 (from the top). Look at the side answer 1 3 1. If that square is from a 1 then it has spaces around it. If that square is from a 3 that means a 1 has to fit before it, which separates it by a space. Both possibilities have that square before the hit a space. The last number in that answer doesn't matter because not only is it a 1 but there's not enough squares to fit there (minimum would be 1, a space, 3, then a space).

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 21, 2018

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I've been playing a ton of Breath of the Wild lately. It's misleading as hell but I found a cool combat video going around.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

They gently caress the telling of it so badly its one of the worst composed game stories in years
Absolutely, Nioh introduces new characters up to and past, more or less, the end and they all feel samurai cookie cutter. I did like Yasuke though. Also, while it's a very fun game I'd recommend playing once through, the postgame stuff (even before NG+) is all gear/build check nonsense rather than strategic fun fights. Wish they kept with the stylish fighting system and didn't go all Diablo (and away from the magic because ugh buff stacking).

glam rock hamhock posted:

...friggin Ice boss...
That's a common complaint one and unfortunately the AOEish attacks start (or get worse) with her. The good news is that I personally found it got easier from shortly after there to somewhat before the end though. There's always going to be that stage or boss that feels horribly out of place difficulty-wise.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Doesn't SA have game jams somewhat regularly?
Multiple ones, they're probably even adding one for spring. Awful Jams is pretty chill and supportive, and if I think you even have a good idea or follow through I'll probably end up fawning over it. It's not technically affiliated with SA kinda sorta but all the goons are from one of the gamedev Discords iirc and many of them are part of indie teams or have worked on games at some point in their careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

April Chat Thread: Rise From Your Grave

• Locked thread