Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

bad day posted:

I wonder how many government documents contain secret Nazi codes, then. And what the point of it is.

This is a well understood and studied phenomenon. White power groups love to put hidden symbols all over the place because then other white power types come across it and feel a sense of camaraderie/strength in numbers solidarity.

I'm not sure why you're so skeptical unless you're just completely not paying attention to current events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is there an Eco in here???

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Oof, a similar thing happened to one of my high school friends. He developed pretty acute symptoms of schizophrenia over the course of high school, and he sort of lost himself to the burgeoning conspiracy theorist community on late-00's Facebook. He got egged on to the point of believing himself to be the chosen one in contact with alien intelligences, but he was being assassinated by the government via chemtrails and Morgellon's. It, uh, didn't end up well for him. I hope she has someone in her life that can help her keep safe.

This happened to a friend of mine too. His family was rich though, so he just bought a plot of land on top of what used to be a hazardous chemical waste house and watched Eraserhead all day between posting insane poo poo about Jesus speaking to him directly and a plot to awaken the world into a greater mind for years and years.

Then he started threatening a bunch of people for living godlessly, and I quickly cut contact with him.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

For some reason I find it intensely satisfying that they misspelled "Illuminati".

Obviously this is a ruse to get around their AI that tracks when they're mentioned!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Lee J. Carter owns a lot.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Preacher who 'lived the satanic life and did tons of drugs' is like a while grift that's really common in the south. Like 33% of youth pastors pretend they had hardcore drug, sex, and satan childhoods as a way of impressing impressionable children.

Every single one is a liar.

edit: forgot commas.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 15, 2019

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ambitious Spider posted:

So Q is anti-cop now? Uh, Welcome to the struggle you conspiracy minded comrades.

I -believe- that ACAB was also used by neo-nazis back before the neo-nazis all just went and became cops.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
You know what works really well at getting people whose posts you hate to stop posting?

Ignoring them.

You know what works really poorly?

Weird slapfights.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Argas posted:

I dunno, it's funny watching the usual suspects try to tell PJ that she's using weird confusing language when she isn't. Perhaps the real russian psy-ops are coming from inside this thread because they can't understand terminology someone came up with.

I do think it's a bit of a reach to suggest some kind of top-down super organized thing when it comes to Qanon though. I can't know how organized it is and poo poo but the general conclusion I come to is that Russia just needs to amplify the message for the most part, which is relatively easy to do.

I mean, PJ uses very clear and easy to understand terms and she has for literally years at this point. A helpful hint for the forums is: if you find yourself agreeing with owlofcreamcheese, you know you're being a total dumbass, that's his gimmick. But if you hate a poster and want them to stop, just use the ignore button.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
You were whining about her posts literally on the previous page lmao.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

tpink posted:

:same:

Let’s agree to disagree over whether PJ’s posts are easy to understand (on a quick skim - the usual rate at which I read these forums - they are not), but boy, this thread really took a turn. PJ, it sounds like you already have another thread going on this, so maybe that’s a better place for it? It’s not just a matter of skipping posts that I don’t like or whatever; this has just become a completely different thread at this point than making fun of wacky Q people. :sigh:

Or use the ignore feature to make it so you don't have to read their posts and exist in blissful ignorance of PJ's posting. Because PJ's posts are thread relevant, easy to understand without much effort, and are better contributions than the endless whining about her posts.

PJ paid :10bux: like the rest of us, it's weird to try to tell her that she can't post here because you, personally, don't like the content. Especially when the ignore feature exists.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I've jumped in way less than the half dozen or so people that feel the need to start poo poo every time she posts. In fact, I mostly lurk this thread. If people would just ignore the PJ posts, they'd be able to scroll past them that much faster. A lot of other discussion happens too.

either way: I'm not going to contribute to the derail anymore. It's kinda gross for a bunch of people to declare that PJ can't post in their special thread because PJ posts in a different thread. The ignore button exists if they want to use it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don't care if she posts here, But she's posted that exact post in a dozen threads. She has posted that exact post in THIS THREAD word for word already. She has a thread for her dumb blog, she doesn't need to viral market it nonstop. It doesn't need to repost every thing she wrote every six months in every thread.

Then use the ignore button. It works on all her posts. I know your entire gimmick is 'densest motherfucker alive' but c'mon.

(Ok now actually not replying anymore about this.)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

zoux posted:

I don't get why these people think that the international global cabal of elites that pulls all the strings from behind the scenes would also be constantly dropping clues to their many crimes like the loving Riddler

Its just tied into their weird belief in the occult. By doing those things, the (occult group/deep state/etc.) is clowning on God and drawing forth their own vision (and thusly their power) into the world.

Basically it started with the idea of it all being magic spells. That’s ever more silly in 2019 than in the past, so now it’s just hidden messages for True Patriots because crazy tends to follow similar lines of thought and patterns.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Money usually.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

The phrase "say it all fancy" here is doing a lot of work. If Q is literally the same as everything before with not even a different context, then why are people holding up babies with Q on them, and occupying dams with guns in the name of Q, instead of those other conspiracies

As we all know, no conspiracy theory has ever been erroneously accepted by a large chunk of the American public prior to Q.

*ignores the JFK assassination, UFOs, 90's militias/black helicopter stuff, antivaxxing, etc.*

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

That's just the thing. None of these other conspiracies you mention are the same as each other, much less the same as Qanon. Maybe it would be cool if we could discuss the similarities and differences instead of shutting discussion down?

No, I don't think people have never fallen for conspiracies before, though clearly I hosed something up since multiple people seem to think that's what I said. To clarify, I'm saying they're not all the same, and I think dismissing them as such is lazy thinking.

No they were, the internet just didn’t make them quite as relevant in your life before. I don’t know how to baby step you through the idea of the availability heuristic without coming across as an even bigger dick than I am right now. But all the poo poo you claim is unique about Q has happened over and over again, thats why every post since yours has been people dunking on you.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Who cares? They’re just some random people. It’s not like they matter.

Really living up to your name here.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

“We should not fully investigate this very suspicious death.” -people weirdly incurious about a high-profile prisoner dying in LEO custody

Nobody has said that. You're screaming at a straw man.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Another Bill posted:

Why don't you just make the crystals into creams? Then you got all your bases covered

No, you use your creams to power up the crystal.

edit: no homo

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 18, 2019

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1211721890051624962?s=21

https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1211727054204555264?s=21

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Once the anti-Christ is defeated and Jesus returns, math will be abolished.

Because one thing that keeps popping up with these peeps is how evil basic numbers are. Not even advanced algebra just math you can do on your fingers.

How many fingers do you have?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

I have bad news for you if you’ve “met” “a lot” of psychiatrists and they’re all crazy

:hmmyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I really wonder how these people see their fantasy world working. Like “The US issues a criminal indictment for the leader of Canada”. Even if that was true...ok? Like do they picture the Law and Order detectives walking up to the Prime Minister Office in Canada, flashing a warrant, and walking Trudeau to a squad car while reading Miranda Rights to him?

Check out the documentary Team America: World Police for insights into their thought process.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FFT posted:

why "BabyQ" when "q" was right there?

You don’t get into Q if you’re clever. Look at WWG1WWGA as an example.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1243316321758195713

I didn’t see the colon in there at first, so double lol.

I read it the same way the first time I saw that message.

The tweet I saw had a big ol’ cheese pizza on it too which made me doubly confused before I noticed the colon.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Colorado?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This is one of the formative events. He meets the guy who invents time travel on the inside.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

The explanation I hear is that it's the conspiracy using it to mock everyone else. Like, either they're just doing it to see what they can get away with without the sheeple noticing, or when it's all revealed they'll do a Batman villain thing and be like, "You could have stopped us, if only you were smart enough to read the clues we left you!"

It's not mocking, it started as an occult thing. You do that to 'power' your occult rituals. Your symbols being on things allows your ritual/god/society to have control over it in some subtle and metaphysical way. It's got roots in Victorian era occultism where symbolism and imagery has Real Power. It's evolved, somewhat, into thumbing your noses at everyone else, but even with that it ties hard into the War Against Satan types that believe literal angels and devils are doing actual things in the world today, and the symbolism is an important part of that war.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Remember when ICE was posting “We must secure” and about 1488 immigrants? What did they get out of that but Nose thumbing?

Argas posted:

In short, it's always at least a little bit of projection.

This is the other part of it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The most shocking thing about it is that she married a Jew. Also Stephen Miller had never been on a date before they got married, unless the two of them dated in secret, in which case she would have been his first girlfriend.

Very normal people engaging in typical human procreative ceremonies.

She’s also Jewish, a member of some sort of Conservative Judaism per the Wikipedia article.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Have people considered that she’s just really dumb?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Let’s hope it’s your last meme.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Clone high was a documentary

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://theoutline.com/post/7621/slender-man-for-boomers-andrenochrome-qanon

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The Chairman posted:

At this point I'm wondering how many of these prominent people actually support/believe in Q, and how many of them have realized that it's just an easy way to signal to ultranationalists that you're on their side and get their undying support

Six one way half dozen the other.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/bigmoneyelly/status/1289011362237001735?s=21

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

The most intel communities can do is signal boost them to be used as useful idiots that can be directed against their shared enemies.

I think this is likely the main thrust of it, the intel group isn't starting it from the ground up. They're managing and nurturing nascent movements and encouraging them to go in the direction most politically helpful for them. That's also not good.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Bucky fuckin' lost it. Stare into the abyss, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Sidebar, but what the hell exactly is local volunteering gonna do against QAnon?

You don't deradicalize Nazis by feeding them and sheltering them. That just makes fed, sheltered Nazis.

e: like, I don't think posting at them is exactly a great option, either, but this seems to be an argument about which hilariously ineffective option is marginally better out of the two, not "what is an actual good option?"

It’s less about QAnon and more about Bucky’s actual mental wellbeing. Feeing hopeless and living in a pit of despair isn’t good for you. Obsessing over internet conspiracies does not help you. Logging out and doing some real, unambiguous good in the world can help fight those feelings of helplessness.