Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Sure. All of that makes sense. Everyone definitely knows who those people are and what "slandering rainbow" and "exploiting the robocop" means.

Got to say, "Slandering Rainbow" would be a hell of a username. Maybe with a LeVar avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Uglycat posted:

oh, also, here's an article about that garden cult:
https://www.inputmag.com/culture/tik-tok-commune-or-cat-eating-cult-garden-treeisalive

The story is developing

See, this is exactly the sort of intro that would have given everyone some (very necessary) context before starting to talk about these people by name, and casually mentioning the cat-eating incident.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Froghammer posted:

Honestly? They don't know or care where Q is now, because what is and always has been the most important is baking the drops.

It looks to me like they've largely moved on from even needing Q himself anymore. They've cut out the middleman and have gone straight to "making up whatever they want, and declaring it true".

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

You know, Bat Boy has never said just where he was on the day of the Bowling Green Massacre...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out the origin of the "Ivermectin = Covid cure" idea, anyone have links/info on who first advanced it? It's usually some rear end in a top hat like Dennis Montgomery or Larry Nichols.

An NBC reporter took a stab at this question yesterday. Click for thread:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242

Full article, linked at the end of the thread: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ivermectin-demand-drives-trump-telemedicine-website-rcna1791

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Surprised there hasn't been a new Q trying to pick up the mantle.

Great idea, hey everyone, it's me, I'm Q, everyone prepare to do my bidding

Grouchio posted:

Who wants to be on FBI's most wanted?

Oh crap, never mind

Personally, I'm still flabbergasted that "Q" never even used a basic cryptographic signature on his posts, and apparently the only identity verification on his posts was his loving whateverchan account name, which the site admins could manipulate at their pleasure.

If I started dropping truth bombs (assume for the sake of argument here that I have anything worth saying), and the only way anyone knew any given message was really written by me was that it came from my username on the SA forums, you immediately see the problem there, and it's obvious exactly who could subvert this and put words in my mouth if they so chose. If instead I used a cryptographic signature, then anyone could verify any message and no one, not even the SA owners & admins, could fake one.

Whoever came up with the Q character just didn't do their drat homework.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

The appointed time has come. Still no sign of the people who've been dead for decades...

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1455589122261803010

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Vice presidents office

Hey, it was good enough to be Dick Cheney's "undisclosed location" for all those years.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He was married a bunch of times, but all his wives left him because of his crossdressing and personal neuroses. He wasn’t abusive as far as I know. He’s a pretty tragic figure, honestly. If he had been born 30 years later, he probably would have been perfectly happy and free to be himself.

It's been a bunch years since I read his biography (Nightmare of Ecstasy, I believe it's called), but my impression agrees with yours. Weird guy, with an even weirder social circle, but I can respect that. Unfortunately he was not the greatest businessman, but the dude never EVER gave up -- he tried and failed about eight times more things than I've ever even just tried -- and you have to respect that.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I'm reminded of the time some years ago when Amazon discovered that they didn't actually have the rights to publish a Kindle edition of a certain book. So they just silently removed it from every device in the world, with no notifications or explanations or anything. It was just gone, like it had never been there. The book in question, of course, was 1984, because the universe's sense of humor is like that.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

dan quayle was the only other living republican VP who had to certify his own party's electoral loss

Al Gore (though not a republican) is in the same club -- in fact he got to certify himself as the loser of the election, no doubt through clenched teeth.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Mad Hamish posted:

I did collect her ramblings and prophecies in the event anyone is interested.

Yes please. :justpost:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Prism posted:

It's called Vim up here in Canada. Why they didn't rename it to Vim while they were renaming the original I don't know.

It would have upset the Emacs users.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Presto posted:

Makes sense because if you listen to an elephant walk they're almost silent.

However, a baby elephant walk is often clearly audible in a humorous or light-hearted situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

technically the ancients didnt know the sun , moon and other objects were round , they could have been great disks that always face the earth.

It isn't that hard to show that the moon is round, and that the sun is a lot farther away than the moon is. (Anytime the moon is visible in the daytime sky, stand in the sunshine and hold up a ball in front of the moon. Notice anything about the phase of the ball and the phase of the moon?)