Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

goddamn this dudes thing is dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

OwlFancier posted:

Also does it really matter whether Russia is behind it or not? The problem remains that clearly there is an abundance of right wing lunatics out there ready to believe anything and that's not an invention of Russia.

Presuming Q is not real there are good aspects (with the bad ones) of leading the lunatic right astray.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That's not even seeing a face in a cloud though. It's just nothing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It's also mega homoerotic as a plus.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I bet some people in trumps inner circle probably believe the Q stuff genuinely.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
MW2 was good because you got to fight to save suburban strip malls from being taken over by the filthy ruskies.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Dan Schneider is a really bad example here because it legitimately wasn't anti-semites pointing at him on 4chan, it was other pedophiles noticing sketch poo poo in his shows and rejoicing that he's one of their own.

Like, maybe my experience is slightly skewed by seeing this poo poo on /co/ back in the day and not really venturing outside of /co/ and /v/, but it seemed like it was... weirdly apolitical, as disgusting as it was.

Also wasn't Dan Schneider called out by mainstream sources like Gawker and Huff Po well before the channers made it a thing?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This wouldn't be the first time that we've been accused of being part of a deep state intelligence operation.

Who's the poster that accuses everyone of being state department stooges?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
At least according to reddit one of the CBST mods was posting a livestream of something and it showed him logged into the 4chan account that Q posts with possibly outing that person as the Q poster. I'm not going to deep dive into reddit on this but it's something like that.

edit:
this seems to be a start

https://www.reddit.com/r/TopMindsOfReddit/comments/8nvu6t/q_apparently_outed_himself_on_livestream/

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Neo_Crimson posted:

lol no /r/conspiracy is all about the (((globalists))) and Holocaust denialism not pedophile satan cults.

It's slightly less so full RaHoWa in the last few months and closer to its pre-escalator bent as I think there was a partial purge on the donald mods.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cactus posted:

This is too funny

"I started talking to people, they all got in their cars and drove away from me, and then the police came and carted me off! Success!"

That man absolutely is not in tune with the political atmosphere of Bakersfield CA.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zil posted:

Got ya

this but yelling "deport families, dude"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MANime in the sheets posted:

GEOTUS means what I think it means, doesn't it :(

Warhams is irl, in case you missed the memo.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I hope we get a q situation like in Foucaults Pendulum where the secret societies calendars get so jumbled even the adherents have no clue.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

search around mandela effect stuff and you'll see people listing names and stuff of people working at CERN.

Are there actually Qists in Switzerland who could get to these people? There's actually a real barrier of entry to hurting someone when you in a basement in suburban Illinois.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Crispulus posted:

You're just going to not mention Foucault's Pendulum?

That whole book is basically a great big word of caution for whats going to happen to the dude making up Q stuff.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Friends Are Evil posted:

Yeah, of course it loops back into Pizzagate.

I think if you're being sincere about Q accepting pizzagate is an absolute minimum barrier of entry.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I listened to the nyt daily Q podcast and don't feel like I learned anything more than what's in this thread.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Considering that conspiracy theories very often make their way into fiction that isn't written by true believers, I wonder how that'll play out with QAnon. Since the whole thing is basically grassroots propaganda for a military coup, authors better stay the gently caress away from it.

It's gonna end up in a Cthulu RPG sourcebook, isn't it?

Probably a Q episode of SVU.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

chitoryu12 posted:

Imagine if Hunter S. Thompson lived to see 2018.

Bush getting re-elected still reflected more that was wrong with the us than anything in the trump era yet. He choose a good time to quit it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bullfrog posted:

so how did the boomers get pulled in to 4chan posts though? that's what i dont get. reading thedonald?

Twitter and/or facebook

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lotta single Q ladies on the market

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ague Proof posted:

Those aren't "death stares".

I'm sad they couldn't find someone at the funeral with a big sloppy grin.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Okay, keep us updated edgy 2003 teen atheist.

You can't just throw away how American Christianity is built to promote this thinking.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lol the Q thread

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Deathy McDeath posted:

Q has been posting a lot about the Kavanaugh nomination recently, even going so far as to say the final vote will be 53-47. Still really boring.

Welp, Q has finally been exposed as a fraud.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Has the Q universe been discussing the secret detention of John Legend lately?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I guess but when has internal inconsistency ever been a compelling argument?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

McGlockenshire posted:

The Qult three days ago: Jeff Sessions is on our side and helping Mueller take down the Deep State! Trump picking fights with him in public is just a ruse for the normies!

The Qult today: https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1060398766044393472

big nips frog daddy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I saw a homemade Q sign off of I 90/94 in central Wisconsin today. I tried to explain to my wife what Q was and failed because it's too disorganized and stupid to say out loud and she had to look up on Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

bad day posted:

I think in some sense that “thank you for pulling average Americans further to the right” line you see on Facebook is correct - what polarized a lot of young men was seeing their dumb fun politicized by other people for the purpose of profit and self-promotion.

For example take Pewdiepie’s various “scandals” in which a funny man who makes silly internet videos and seems to be a genuinely decent and ethical person (especially compared to everyone else on YouTube) keeps getting outed as a secret Nazi. Everything he posts is picked over with a fine toothed comb by the likes of the Wall Street Journal, in pursuit of sensationalist clickbait headlines.

Someone who doesn’t watch Pewdiepie will see headlines like these and develop the opinion that he’s a racist scumbag. Someone who does watch Pewdiepie will see these headlines and think whoever wrote them must have been smoking crack. They are attacking someone you enjoy and trying to demonetize and deplatform him for imaginary antisemitism.

To me I just see this as a symptom of a sad media climate where the only way to make money on click-based advertising is to be as objectionable as possible, in order to get clicks and shares from “both sides”.

But someone else might see this as a legitimate culture war between gamers and politically correct social justice warriors, based on the same evidence.

Lol what