Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
For sure add Kraftyy to the good streamers to watch list. Kraftyy GOAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

tote up a bags posted:

But you have to hold shift :(

Mmm I don’t think so. Once you get up to sprint speed it should keep you there.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Now that crossbows are out I’m getting way more early game rocket launchers which is A1

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Loving Leader posted:

Girlfriend out of town. FBR all day Saturday. 8 wins. Tons of rage. A lot of rage....I hope you all get a laugh at my expense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVFgQ_WZHU

LOL good poo poo

The whiskey makes the rage real.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Seditiar posted:

Was it really that loving bad? I didn't fall for their tricks, so I didn't buy it. A friend of mine did get it for free with a GPU deal but still didn't touch it after the trial, but he's fairly picky with games.

D1 pvp was insanely awesome. D2 pvp is just barely almost ok, but the added multiplier of stunting on noobs with your bros makes it fun.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

MF_James posted:

Oh man speaking of NICs not built in to the board, wayyyy back when I first got cable internets in 2000ish, we had bought our own router (I don't think you could rent them at the time just the modem) and put NICs into a few computers. A few months after all that, lightning hit the pole outside our house and killed the modem, router and every NIC connected because Comcast's modems weren't insulated, they probably still aren't.

Haha literally just had a lightning strike. Killed a PC, TV, and the cable box. Comcast gateway and soundbar survived.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can spend $100 on a good UPS, or $20-50 on a real good surge protected power strip. I had a PC ruined by a storm back when I finished college and I've never let my PCs be without a good UPS since then. A UPS in particular is real nice, especially if you're in the middle of something and your power flickers or goes out.

Yea I spent a decent amount on the power strip so I thought I’d be ok. Gonna go ahead and get a UPS though

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Oh it matters

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

Hey, man, I play fortnite to forget how terrible D2 is! Quit buzzin my mellow, bro!

Same

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Popero posted:

What do you think? I'm really bad at this game so I was reading about it a bit thinking of switching over (PS4), but a lot of people were saying it feels weird to them.* I guess there is also something you can buy that tricks your console into thinking your mouse is a controller, but maybe that's cheating. Not saying I'm above that to go from horrible to mediocre, but just saying.

*I have never felt older than when reading posts by people saying how they've never played a shooter with a keyboard and mouse and that the control scheme is unnatural. :corsair:

A XIM is an adapter that you plug a kbm and controller into that makes the console think you’re using a controller.

Tei posted:

Fortnite supports mouse and keyboard nativelly on PS4.

I have always a keyboard connected, and as soon I press a key, it change to keyboard control, when I press a button with the controller, change to controller mode.
The only thing missing is the mouse arrow on menus.

I have not played with this setup on Battle Royale. Is auto-aim disabled if you use mouse?

Mouse arrow got patched in maybe 2 months ago. Yes, auto aim is disabled, unless you’re using the XIM, obviously.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

Effort

No, but I should. I only recently did a quick Amazon search, and found some complaints that the ps4 headset receiver would get interference :(

Probably cheap hubs tho.. I'm open for recommendations! I got a lot of Amazon gift cards leftover from the holidays

I use a 25 dollar 4 port USB hub from target, haven’t gotten any interference.

Edit - this:
https://www.amazon.com/Targus-4-Por...cpPL&ref=plSrch

Bettyspagh3tt1 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 7, 2018

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

That's why I need Betty on my team

I got you bebe

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

I definitely could've been fudging the aiming; it was with a Tommygun and I don't think I landed a single shot :sigh:

Any recommendations for kb/m combos, though? I've been upping my PS4 sensitivity and I'm at 9 right now, but the thought of rocking a mouse is getting more and more appealing...

I have a Razer deathadder and it’s fine. Some people want more buttons on their mouse though. Keyboard really doesn’t matter, unless you want some leet gaming poo poo. Be aware though - I bounce back and forth between pc and PS4, and the hit reg feels a little off with the mouse on PS4.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

I've gotten two of the three BR Birthday bonuses, is there any incentive to get all 3 beyond being completionist? I could care less about the sticker.

How much less?

I believe you get the back bling for completing all 3.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Keyboard does kind of matter. Often regular office keyboards can only have two or three keys pressed at the same time before they ignore further input.

Gaming keyboards tend to let you press a shitload of keys simultaneously before they throw out key presses

Huh, interesting. I’ve never run into this, even with my shittiest of keyboards. Thanks for the info.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

codo27 posted:

Seen a llama last night, stuck in a cliff like a few I seen in playground mode. Lets just rush off towards it without scoping out the situation! You know the rest.

Thought I was gonna get a solo win finally, sorta...abandoned my squad and went to flushing meadows, and managed to get 5 chests as no one else was there. Leg scar, leg therm. Good circle positioning, I hid under one of those outposts and just made walls in the gaps under the bottom, then moved when I had to. Finally engaged someone with 7 people left, and never so much as grazed them at range with the therm scoped. In every other shooter I'm always right to the front lines and I usually come away on top. In this I'm afraid to engage because I cant hit poo poo. I'm just trying to tell myself to calm down and take my time and aim when I run into someone. I'll be a month of sundays trying to get the other 395 sniper damage I need on console.

If you still aren’t used to the weapons, maybe taking more fights is a good idea? If you play a 20 minute game and only shoot your gun once, you aren’t improving at the combat portion, which is where you seem to be lacking. Maybe slam your head against a heavily populated area so you get used to the guns. My team made me repeatedly drop tilted with them, and I had no choice but to learn.

Alternatively, you could go into playground mode with some friends and practice shooting there.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Orange Sunshine posted:

My brother's 11 year old son has spent probably 1000 hours playing fortnite. He's very good at fighting and building, but he doesn't win matches very often because he doesn't make it to the end, due to his habit of attacking anyone he ever sees anywhere.

If he and I played together, I could get him to the end most of the time, and then he could win. Together we might be able to win 1/3 of the matches we played in, with my strategy and his twitch reflexes and experience at the game. But, as everyone here keeps explaining to me, it is impossible to play this game to win, because that would not be fun.

If he doesn’t win matches very often he probably isn’t as good as you think.

You could start playing together and show us the 33 percent win rate to prove your theory.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

I made another stupid montage

https://youtu.be/sBmyuurxj4I

Put us on the map baby

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

A Man and his Hog posted:

Question, did they introduce conc grenades?

Cause I think I got hit by one last night I think and thought it was lag.

I was in a battle and my character just jumped back like 15 feet and I was like what the gently caress was that ?!?!

Impulse nade

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

objectively bad posted:

If someone's ramping towards you, you either need to immediately gain height or shoot them down. They're about to gain a massive advantage, if you let them, so no time for hesitation. If they're close enough that they'll be able to land on your builds once/before you shoot them down, don't bother shooting and just build to gain height.

Spend some time in playground mode practising building. I changed all of my keybinds a few weeks back and was able to perfect ramp+wall+flat rushing within a couple of hours. Same with quick edits, just putting the time in helps you build up your muscle memory. Gonna spend some time in playground this weekend learning double ramp+wall+flat because that's intimidating as hell, especially if you're with someone else or a group who can do it too.

What did you end up changing your binds to?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Orange Sunshine posted:

I agree completely.

Everyone likes to claim that the best strategy is fighting almost everyone they see in order to get better and to gather materials, but the real truth is they just like fighting everyone they see. Once you've successfully gathered weapons and materials and such, unless you think you have a 95+% chance of winning a fight, you're better off hiding in a bush and fighting no one until the very end.

Sure, once you actually know how to fight.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Orange Sunshine posted:

I've only played it a bit. I've noticed the entirely obvious point that very few people are playing to win, which I'm talking about here.

I also find it interesting that this is true in general for multiplayer shooters. People play battle royale, or capture the flag, or various other objective based games where they are supposed to try to plant a bomb or hold certain points, but all anyone wants to do is run around and shoot people. I'm curious why it is that people don't play game modes that are designed for the way they actually want to play. It's like eating in a pizza restaurant but none of the customers like pizza, they just like eating in a restaurant, so they all bring in eggs and ground beef and have the cook make them hamburgers and omelettes.

If you constantly slay the other team, they can never get the flag. Objective complete.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

codo27 posted:

Yes that village is what I'm talking about, it was a goon who pointed it out to me one night. My loving irl friends are painful to play with, well theres really just one and the other 2 I know but dgaf about, and they never shut up about what loving gear they've picked up, and have to announce every kill. And they want to drop into risky every loving match because "it has great loot", 2 chests between 4 people=great loot apparently. At least one always gets really mad and is funny to listen to.

Risky has like 12 chest spawns inside the fence, 1 by the truck, 2 by the tree, houses all around it with chests, tons of mats, and rifts on two sides. I love risky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Full send baby