Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Yeah you want to be careful. Biscuits play a crucial role in office politics and iirc communism bitch is new to management. One wrong move could cost him a lot of loyalty and lead to who knows what. I urge caution tbqh.

Speaking of utterly mind numbing bollocks, it's almost time for Question Time! Join the gang as usual in #ukgoons on synirc (link in OP as usual!!!). TONIGHT:

quote:

David Dimbleby presents an hour of topical debate from Perth. On the panel are

the parliamentary private secretary to Philip Hammond [massive shagger,] and Conservative MP Kwasi Kwarteng
former Europe minister and Labour MP Caroline Flint
Scottish National Party MSP Kate Forbes
the author of Poverty Safari - which is nominated for the Orwell Prize 2018 - Darren 'Loki' McGarvey
and the founder and chairman of Stagecoach Brian Souter.

gently caress sake this shite. Right 244 going by the skim reading of what came on my computer screen just now is apparently a lucky number in Dubai and also the dialing code for Angola. Someone try out the latter if you have free calls or WILD PHREAKING SKILLZ!!! plz :slick:

crispix fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hope it's the one in Australia and they're not allowed back.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

jabby posted:

That's a 2016 Toyota Hilux horrifically failing the 'moose test', and nearly flipping over from a swerve at 35mph.

They had to substantially revise the car as a result, but it shows how unstable cars with a high centre of gravity can be.

Gotta have that massive diesel faux-x4 to nip down to the shops don’t you know?

Wretched things. The latest travesty is the new Ford Fiesta Active - basically a Fiesta with raised suspension, roof rails and a higher price tag. The advertising campaign showed a couple of girls parking up and going running, because you can’t have a sporty lifestyle without a higher centre of gravity apparently.

If only my 118i had raised suspension and handled like absolute poo poo maybe I could go running too, but I’ll have to settle for mountain biking.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The correct loving cookie is the ginger nut, followed by the milk chocolate digestive.

Not like I'm too selective though - when I was a kid we were poor so when there was money for cookies we bought those big lovely assorted packs which I assume are a global thing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

happyhippy posted:

It's cool.
Some irish accents are sexy, some are ok, some are loving atrocious.
Cork accent for example. Been here a decade and still dont understand the locals.

The Roscommon accent is exactly what you would expect anti-English inbred Irish hicks living in the middle of a bog to sound like.

I did not have a good time in Roscommon.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Gotta have that massive diesel faux-x4 to nip down to the shops don’t you know?

That is one thing I really notice with my ancient car: everyone's loving headlights seem to be right at my face height / rear view mirror height, as the seating position is pretty low down. Maybe they're just participating in a suspension height arms race!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I mainly eat co-op bourbons because you get loads of them for 69p (very naice) and they're vegan.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

You work with a pile of tories, why are you buying them biscuits?

Well when I started there one of the little old ladies bought the biscuits and we would all chip in. Then she retired and I and the woman who was my boss at that time would take turns buying the biscuits so it was still kind of fair (although other people still came and helped themselves, but we didn't mind). Then that woman quit to get a real job somewhere and now it's just me buying the biscuits like a wanker. I don't much fancy shaking down my colleagues for £1 every couple of weeks though they're definitely profiting off my biscuit-buying labour.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bearing in mind your feelings on chocolate oranges I'm not sure your opinions are valid

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

communism bitch posted:

Well when I started there one of the little old ladies bought the biscuits and we would all chip in. Then she retired and I and the woman who was my boss at that time would take turns buying the biscuits so it was still kind of fair (although other people still came and helped themselves, but we didn't mind). Then that woman quit to get a real job somewhere and now it's just me buying the biscuits like a wanker. I don't much fancy shaking down my colleagues for £1 every couple of weeks though they're definitely profiting off my biscuit-buying labour.

Stop, and say its Austerity cuts to make the place more productive.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

happyhippy posted:

Cork accent for example. Been here a decade and still dont understand the locals.

When we call you a langball snedger, that's a term of endearment.

Pochoclo posted:

The correct loving cookie is the ginger nut.

live in a toilet forever

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

communism bitch posted:

Buy your own biscuits surely and don't share them.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Prince John posted:

That is one thing I really notice with my ancient car: everyone's loving headlights seem to be right at my face height / rear view mirror height, as the seating position is pretty low down. Maybe they're just participating in a suspension height arms race!

That's not so much a "new car" thing as a "oval office car" thing. Though I guess new cars are tending towards that "higher ride height" bullshit. Can't wait until everybody has "high ride height" cars and then nobody gains any loving advantage from it because they can no longer see over all those other high ride height cars and the only difference is they handle worse and are harder to park. Cunts.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WeAreTheRomans posted:

live in a toilet forever
I'm heartened to see you're also routing for his success in gaining British citizenship.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

As I pull up to the garage, steam is coming out from under the bonnet.

My car does this every day. Its fiiiiiiiiiine.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OwlFancier posted:

Buy your own biscuits surely and don't share them.

Make sure to tell them "we're all in this together" as you munch your hobnobs.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

WhatEvil posted:

That's not so much a "new car" thing as a "oval office car" thing. Though I guess new cars are tending towards that "higher ride height" bullshit. Can't wait until everybody has "high ride height" cars and then nobody gains any loving advantage from it because they can no longer see over all those other high ride height cars and the only difference is they handle worse and are harder to park. Cunts.

This will be my first car

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

crispix posted:

While we are slagging off accents, I am sick of the hegemony of the people who canna be hosed with the letter R. That advert for the Star Bra. Those two words shouldn't rhyme should they :how:

tag you are self

(I know you can't but wikipedia doesn't have anything except english english :/ )

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

Car and cycle chat is better than other kinds of chat itt, for your amusement in EU affairs tonight; it looks like Rajoy is out in Spain and Lega+M5S have formed a government.

I know you're on your way out, but you're just missing all the fun.

We going for new elections in Spain then, or just a change in ministers? I know Podermos has been faltering a bit there but not looked into why, the Catalan issue would complicate new elections I bet (or the main Spanish parties could just all ignore the issue and dare them to go to arms, I don't know). I legitimately don't understand the Lega+M5S coalition in Italy, but then I don't understand M5S so not sure if this is a Lib Dem style betrayal or actually fine, just the rest of europe reports their position badly.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Why are people talking about cars and biscuits in the cycle helmet thread

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Is this not the UK Motoring Thread?

Edit: UK Mcvities Thread

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
This biscuit talk is slowly convincing me that multiculturalism was a mistake.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pistol_Pete posted:

Why are people talking about cars and biscuits in the cycle helmet thread

The Jammy Dodger is the best biscuit and also the best UK politician

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

WeAreTheRomans posted:

live in a toilet forever

Still not sure I want to stay in the UK indefinitely - will have to see what happens with Brexit

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

Make sure to tell them "we're all in this together" as you munch your hobnobs.

I'm on thin ice already for gobbing off too much to people I shouldn't. Not sure how this would go down.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

communism bitch posted:

I'm on thin ice already for gobbing off too much to people I shouldn't. Not sure how this would go down.

"Why don't you nationalize my biscuits if you want them so much?"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Universal Biscuit Payments.
You can have some but there is a six week processing period.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

baka kaba posted:

tag you are self

(I know you can't but wikipedia doesn't have anything except english english :/ )

i have an american accent CHECKMAKE LIBERALS

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

bump_fn posted:

its biscuit chat now discuss this chart and why you think its wrong

No shortbread fingers. Dunked in Greek yogurt. Ambrosia.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

sebzilla posted:

I mainly eat co-op bourbons because you get loads of them for 69p (very naice) and they're vegan.

co-op jam doughnuts are also vegan and very good, you're welcome.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Prince John posted:

I have the same issue, it’s especially annoying with turbo brightness LEDs. Can’t stand high driving positions/centre of gravity myself, I always feel like I’m going to tip over when cornering.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

These mean you are?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One thing I'd really like to do one day is get a shitbox old car and put the initial D soundtrack on and just drive like an idiot round a racecourse for a bit.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

No shortbread fingers. Dunked in Greek yogurt. Ambrosia.

Shortbread is SS-Tier. It would completely wipe the floor with these biscuits.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the only good biscuit is a thing thats actually called a cookie and its just a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie you god drat island lunatics

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Extreme0 posted:

Shortbread is SS-Tier. It would completely wipe the floor with these biscuits.

It's bad but I don't think it's fascist.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

bump_fn posted:

i have an american accent CHECKMAKE LIBERALS

Nice try buddy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhoticity_in_English#United_States
with your traditional Rhode Island dialect

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

bump_fn posted:

the only good biscuit is a thing thats actually called a cookie and its just a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie you god drat island lunatics

I tell them but they just don’t listen and also it’s peanut butter

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

bump_fn posted:

The ones that are all chocolate are amazing, e.g. Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked Captiva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

bump_fn posted:

You don't even have M&S cookies in America mate so why should anyone care what you think

• Locked thread