Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Interesting rule change I just noticed while watching previews: If you declare an action, and that action is illegal, then the action just fizzles and you don't get to change. So if you declare a coordinate, but you have no allies in range 2, then you just lose the action :v:

I guess this means no more free range checks with target lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Ringo Star Get posted:

I don’t get the people that hate how they have to pay for 2.0 I guarantee that these people would still spend close to $100 on any wave that gets released that would have supposedly “fixed” ships in 1.0. Each wave has just been new ships that push pilots and other ships away.

Yeah considering the alternatives are:

Don't release update packs, just buy new stuff as it comes out, old models are technically legal but since you need the cardboard you get by buying them again then they are technically worthless.

or

2.0 is just a bunch of core rules changes with no mechanical change to any physical elements and is super limited to the point of "why bother?".

What we're getting is pretty great, ESPECIALLY since we're getting 2-4 copies of stuff for every ship ever released. Casual players will be able to split a pack 50/50 with someone and end up paying $25 or less.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

quote:

Reinforce, uses the dashes on the side of the ship. Reduces the total damage by one to a minimum to one.

Glory glory hallelujah

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I know no one cares about 1.0 anymore, but I have to brag because I made the Quickdraw god-shot at locals tonight:

Used Spec ops training to fire at the range 1 in front and the range 2 behind, killing both, which triggered the range 1 harpoon to go off, taking out my last shield and giving me a bonus shot to the front at range 3 which was barely in arc.

Entire list deleted at PS11, can we get 2.0 now?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

ConfusedUs posted:

The rest are all great. I love that Direct Hit is now just "draw another card."

The best part is that there's an ability that can flip up damage cards on opponents, and if they got a DH that's just free damage :v:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Edit: Wrong thread

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Here we go~

https://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
LMAO B WING HAS 1 RED TALON

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
HWK has Jam, 2 attack, stop, a WAY better dial, good lord.

Edit: Title ups it to 3 attack, and adds the ability to stock up to 2 focus.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Miranda is Primary only now, and can only regen when she has no shields.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Bomblet nerefed to hell: Crits are normal damage, only 2 charges, have to spend shields to regen charges.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TheCenturion posted:

What’s the Sabine thing?

She starts with 1 Stress, Jam, Ion, and Tractor token, can add one of those to friendly bomb detonations.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
So apparently one of the YV-666 pilots has the ability to fly off the board and re-appear somewhere else next turn????? That seems trolly as hell.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Why? I loved almost everything I saw. They literally balanced the game around the TIE Fighter!

It's probably that they are going to be balanced by their points cost, which we don't get to see yet. Other than Vader and the Defenders the Imp ships are notably worse than their Rebel and Scum counterparts, but I guarantee they will be 10-20 points less per ship.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Are we ready to start the typo counter?

Caption Rex

Seriously it's spelled correctly 3/4 times on the SAME CARD how do you gently caress that up?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
New FFG article

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/21/take-action-1/

I think the only actual new info is confirmation that the reload action only restores one charge on one torpedo/bomb/missile.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Finster Dexter posted:

Maybe the escape pod detaches from the model lmao

quote:

What's more, Lando always had an exit strategy, and this version of the Millennium Falcon also includes the escape craft featured in the film. This craft docks snugly in the larger miniature, even as it makes Lando's Millennium Falcon more versatile with the ability to launch this escape craft, which can operate independently from the larger ship.

Sure sounds like it.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
The lead developers are doing an AMA on Reddit right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8pbgdj/ama_about_xwing_second_edition_with_max_brooke/

I asked what I think is a very important question that afaik hasn't been answered yet:

quote:

As far as the App is concerned, will it feature all available content for list building, or will you need to enter a code from a physical product to "unlock" those cards for building?

I don't think it would happen, but FFG sliding in a "to use the app you need the unique code from products you buy to unlock those products in the app" to effectively murder the secondary market would cause some serious uproar.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

uncle blog posted:

That limitation would kill the app as soon as a third party one gets released, so I hiiiighly doubt that to be the case.

As do I, but I can hear the justification now: "Players shouldn't have to scroll through tons of cards they'll never use, especially if they only play one or two factions, this way, the app only has the cards they physically own and can use!"

If they wanted to be extra evil they could do this, and also require the official app for all FFG events.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
That thing is 90% of the way to joining the Uglies.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Firespray preview is up: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/2/any-methods-necessary-1/

Boba crew is silly, I love it.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

alg posted:

Warhammer 40,000 is a lesson in not introducing lots of factions

Hopefully 7 is it and none get absurd

I can't imagine what others they could add. Old Republic vs Sith Empire maybe? Those could easily be folded into Clone Wars factions though.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Going into 2.0 are the bomb/mine markers and the tournament legal rocks the same?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah, I think some other things in Wave 14 were wrong/changed from 2.0 release but I'm not sure what they were.

Swarm Tactics was printed as Imp only in wave 14, but is unrestricted in the version printed in conversion kits.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I feel like B Wings are gonna be real good in 2.0, and I want to make them work, so this is what I've come up with:

UT-60D U-wing - Cassian Andor - 68
•Cassian Andor - Raised by the Rebellion (47)
Intimidation (3)
Kanan Jarrus (14)
Tactical Officer (2)
Tactical Scrambler (2)
Pivot Wing (Open) (0)

A/SF-01 B-wing - Braylen Stramm - 66
•Braylen Stramm - Blade Leader (50)
Outmaneuver (6)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Electronic Baffle (2)

A/SF-01 B-wing - Ten Numb - 66
•Ten Numb - Blue Five (50)
Outmaneuver (6)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Electronic Baffle (2)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Just testing it in a vacuum seems brutal. Throwing 6-12 dice at targets as they zip around and strip their stress seems good, and the UWing seems like a decent blocker in a pinch. There's a few questionable choices, like tactical officer and electronic baffle, but I feel like I probably don't need a huge bid? Electronic Baffle can clear stress right?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Yes, but luckily it requires a really unlikely set of circumstances.

The target ship also has to be small base, since one ion won't disable anything larger.

I did a bunch of playtesting with the B-wing list I posted earlier, and landed on something like this:

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Ten Numb - 65
•Ten Numb - Blue Five (50)
Elusive (3)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Braylen Stramm - 64
•Braylen Stramm - Blade Leader (50)
Outmaneuver (6)
Advanced Sensors (8)

UT-60D U-wing - •Cassian Andor - 71
•Cassian Andor - Raised by the Rebellion (47)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Tactical Officer (2)
Kanan Jarrus (14)
Pivot Wing (Open) (0)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I'm not super sure how I feel about HLC yet, but flying to the middle of the board and doing donuts feels fantastic, and very hard to deal with for any ship that can't easily make tight turns.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2018

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

overdesigned posted:

Looks like they dorked up the fortressing resolution verbiage? It looks like there's supposed to be two paragraphs, one for "the guy is indeed fortressing, is informed he is doing so, and fails to stop doing it (and loses immediately)" and another for when he's informed and then stops fortressing, but they copy-pasted the same blurb twice so we don't know what, if any, punishment there is for that.

: ffg : can't come soon enough.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Raged posted:

I’m happy fortressing is going away, but they need to clear up the rule. There have been a few times where I have caused all my ships to bump into each other in the middle of the table to cause my opponent to bump into me. Think triple jump masters .

Well according to the rules you have to go 2 full turns without moving for a judge to be called, and then you need to be set up to not move again to get in trouble, and THEN you need to not move for a 4th turn to actually get DQ'd. It even has a clause for "legal moves" so you can't get DQ'd for some sort of ion lock. You would have to really try to get a judge called, and then actively ignore their warning to get any disciplinary action.

This seems pretty safe, you have to be clearly fortressing in order to have this affect you. Just a full squad bump isn't gonna trigger it.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

:ffg: not good enough for ya?

Not when we could have

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Yesssssss

:ffgqa:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
First order preview: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/8/a-new-order/

Snoke is real interesting.

Edit: The wording also seems to imply that the Upsilon will have 3 or more crew slots?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

quote:

Grapping Struts (Open): You ignore obstacles at range 0 and while you move through them. After you reveal your dial if you reveal a maneuver other than a 2 straight and are at range 0 of an asteroid or debris cloud skip you execute maneuver step and remove one stress token. If you revealed a right or left maneuver rotate your ship 90 degrees in that direction. After you execute a maneuver flip this card.

Oh god you can park them on asteroids and use them as turrets :love:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TremorX posted:

I'm curious about the multiple dots on the droid pilots. Does it indicate how many of that ship you're allowed to have?

Yeah, there's a rule already to the effect of "For cards with dots, you're allowed to run as many as there are dots in one squad". It's very strange wording, since every card so far only has one dot, but it looks like it was future-proofed for this.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
New A-Wing article

Rotate being red only is an interesting choice.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Laminated card printouts and a dry wipe marker.

Or just write each maneuver on an index card and place one face down.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Floppychop posted:

Are there any rumors around about when the Clone Wars stuff is dropping? The kid in me wants a Jedi Starfighter.

Current best guess is late Feb/early March.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Tomorrow I'm going to be trying out an FO list, here's what I've come up with:

"Quickdraw" (45)
Juke (4)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Ion Missiles (4)
Special Forces Gunner (10)
Fire-Control System (3)

Lieutenant Dormitz (60)
Biohexacrypt Codes (1)
Hyperspace Tracking Data (2)
Captain Phasma (5)
Ion Cannon (5)

"Midnight" (44)
Juke (4)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

The "plan" is to place my whole squad at I6 and as far forward towards the juiciest target available, and then swoop in and nuke/ion it down on round 1. Round 1 double mods (Evade from HTD + Juke and Lock) from at least 2 ships seems like a pretty good alpha strike?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
That... is super unfortunate. What's the best talent for Midnight then?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Yeah our store does Extended, so it's no big deal. That does leave me with 5 open points. I could drop FCS on Quickdraw to get the points for Afterburners on Midnight maybe. I don't really see anything else worth taking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Kylo crew keeps Dormitz relevant after the fight. Collision Detector allows you to make unexpected moves and guarantee his attacks.

Advanced Optics on Midnight allows you to make the most of his piddly 2-dice attacks, especially once Fanatical kicks in. If you have a focus, you get 2 hits on anything that's not double blanks.

Also note that Hyperspace Tracking Data allows you to choose an initiative between 0 and 6, and place at that initiative. That means the highest init you can place at is 5. A bid is pretty important if you want to get the drop on other i5s!

Thanks, I'll probably go with something like this. What's the go-to crit to grab with ISYTDS now?