Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i hope darth maul survives and is still around way after the sequel movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

He's like a cockroach

He could be dead and buried, and the planet he was buried on atomized, and eventually he'd just reform out of sheer spite

i think someone did this in the old expanded universe

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i mean, it makes sense in the context of the new trilogy- the First Order is basically a cargo cult version of the Empire, so of course all their kit is pretty much based off imperial designs, and the Resistance just straight up can't afford new ships and is using old Rebellion gear.

even disregarding the fact that they decided to use the old designs first and came up with the justification later, its still a pretty lovely justification because the x wings are different models

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

also lol the space battles in the sequels are mediocre at best

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the real reason poe is a lovely character isnt because he makes bad decisions or whatever its because he is never in any threat in his space battle scenes and they are completely boring

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the real question is why is it backwards

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Barudak posted:

Please, good people, the EU is dead and in its place is a different pile of lovely, tedious, background filling stories except they now are considered as cannon as the films.

yeah and also a bunch of bad books, comics, and tv shows :grin:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the funny thing is episode 8 seems to respect the prequels more than it respects episode 7

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dishwasher posted:

Wearing a cool costume that looks good on an action figure on your office desk is the most important thing you can do!

I'm not shocked at the rumors of splitting the story into two films and sorta predicted it with the lack of focus on the Roman numbering this go round. There's not a lot there after TLJ basically undid all the events of the previous movie. JJ probably needs 3 more hours to build a story back up and properly pay it off. I'm fine with it, but I feel like with better planning they shouldn't have to.

Rewatched Rogue One again after liking it the first couple times and woof! Aside from the space battle and high stakes there's like nothing there at all. The most vanilla of vanilla ice creams.

i'd personally prefer it if he used that 3 hours to tell a complete story

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 12, 2018

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Harime Nui posted:

Rewatching the throne room scene from TLJ, Snoke seems to p. clearly be a hosed-up human not an alien and I think the idea is he got his head split open but keeps himself alive through sheer hate which would actually be a cool idea if the character wasn't just garbage.

its been done

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i was hoping he was actually 50 feet tall

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Teek posted:

Spoilers from MakingStarWars and StarWarsNewsNet and a guy on reddit in the advertising industry who has provided spoilers for upcoming MCU and SW movies in the past:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/11/does-kylo-ren-wear-a-helmet-and-does-bb-8-get-a-new-sidekick-in-star-wars-episode-ix/
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/12/episode-ix-rumors-timeline.html

* Episode 9 takes place around a year after TLJ
    * Kylo Ren reforged his mask, it's now bonded with a red crystalline material. (something from Crait maybe?)
    * Rey rebuilt Anakin's lightsaber, it's now a black metal color
    * BB8 has a new companion, a smaller bull horn looking droid called D.O.
    * The Knights of Ren will finally appear in some form.

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/952721450749673472?lang=en

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

theres a store just for star wars merchandise at the mall near here. on the other hand it sells other stuff too and there never seems to be a lot of people there so vOv

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

What makes the transition between TLA and TLJ not work for you when (I guess?) the transition between ANH and ESB does?

well it is called the empire strikes back

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

he rules the entire galaxy why doesnt he just get a new mask??

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im glad the leaks are real, entertainingly bad is the most i was hoping for anyway

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

romanowski posted:

TAke a look y'all

e:

:same:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

he should broadcast himself using a giant floating head hologram the size of a planet imo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

EPISODE IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

im actually a bit sad i didnt see this for the first time in a theater lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lofi posted:

This broadcast is cursed, if you don't forward it to ten people I'll come back from the dead and take revenge.
- palps

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:same:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i bet we're not even going to get to see the broadcast

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

if i was making the movie i'd have another death star but its shaped like emperor palpatines head and it shoots lasers from its eyes and blows up a star thats it thats the movie

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

sheev is basically cyberbullying the galaxy if you think about it

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

this is the second time in my life ive been excited to see a star wars movie

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doomcock then opines,

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

why would you want to be a skywalker when you could be the senate jr

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

somewhere out there is someone who has been watching all the movies and has somehow avoided all the spoilers and im sad i will never see their reaction to that opening crawl

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

If true, it really is incredible how Disney ended the old EU simply to ensure they could crib specific ideas from it without having to credit any of the authors who originally came up with EU concepts.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Eclipse-class_dreadnought

Sure let's just adapt Dark Empire, cram some other stuff in there, and we can call it good without having to pay a cent in royalties.

God if Horizon's posts end up being true, I wonder if Tom Veitch and Dark Horse Comics might still try and sue for royalties. Almost certainly not, especially depending on how their contracts from the 90s look, but I can't imagine either the company or the guy himself would be very happy about having Dark Empire cribbed so blatantly.

personally if i was him i wouldnt want to be reminded i came up with something that dumb

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

romanowski posted:

normal people aren't going to give a poo poo about the opening crawl

normal people who havent been obsessively following spoilers and leaks may be a little surprised that sheev is suddenly back

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

yeah no ones surprised that hes back its just incredibly hilarious that this is how hes revealed

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

so first theres a map everyones trying to find and now theres a dagger and wayfinder and stuff. i havent seen his other stuff but is jj only capable of writing one kind of plot

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hahahaha

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao at everything

star wars is good, friends

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i knew we wouldnt get to see it :smith:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

The yeet:

https://twitter.com/kylosyth/status/1207298750160547842

hahaha he went flying

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

euphronius posted:

It literally makes no sense lmao. Palpatines forgotten son?? What the gently caress

triclops is real!!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

dex_sda posted:

Palpy tying to dodge alimony

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the dead speak!