Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Binged through this manga in two days. Everyone in the Student Council is hopeless. They will never get through the rest of their lives without figuratively swan-diving into a puddle of mud. Somehow, I felt the worst when they played that card game where Fujiwara wrote the events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My god, the recent chapters are such a relief to read, which is impressive because the rest of this manga hasn't come close to being unbearable.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Post Confession Kaguya is actually unstoppable.

Fujiwara on the other hand just keeps getting poo poo on non stop. It's hilarious, and she mostly deserves it but I wonder if there's going to be a point where she snaps.
Finally getting into a relationship with Miyuki was her equivalent of Rock Lee taking off the weights.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can't believe we were reading Maki's descent into villainy every time misfortune befell her. Aka truly is a master of his craft.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can't imagine how mortified Fujiwara felt when she found out what Makki and Karen were talking about. The poor girl couldn't stomach a discussion about cheating.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Doe-eyed adopted little sister Kei was easily the most horrific image in this mini-chapter, and despite a concerted effort, the rest of it just couldn't compare in sheer wrongness.

Now I'm wondering what Aka would do if he ever felt like writing a harem story. A carefully planned trainwreck of some sort, I would guess.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That's Shirogane's special ability. The more you assail him, the more energy he'll have stored up for his counterattack.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's one thing to be awful at something, but it's another to be so atrocious that your friend's standards are lowered to the point where an ant has to crouch to walk under them.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What magical martial arts techniques tricky, underhanded plots will Aka pull out next?!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
A painful double-L for Hayasaka this chapter. First another lovesick fool tears down her intricate fantasies and then she's told she might lose her job.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Shocking revelations all around this chapter! Nobody tell Kaguya that Shirogane did the kabedon on Hayasaka: she'll get really jealous and tell him to do it for her!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I mean, we all knew Kaguya and Hayasaka's relationship was never going to be the same after this, but now I'm really interested in how it's going to end up at the end of this mess.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The first time I saw someone using spices as a weapon was a Yakuza game, so I thought of Shirogane's escape as a Yakuza move. That being said, Kaguya is definitely scarier when it comes to hand to hand.

Overall, I'm really glad that Kaguya and Hayasaka have patched things up a bit, even with this unprecedented betrayal staining their history. Here's hoping things go better for them in the future.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Symbolically letting go of a heavy burden by cutting your hair is something of a cliche, but drat if it wasn't used effectively here.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ishigami once again showing the heart of a lion beneath his deer-like fragility. What he did to Fujiwara was cold-blooded.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Normally, I don't really care about love triangles, but now...things are turning out real interesting.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Guys, stop! Shipping real life people is weird as gently caress! Call it matchmaking instead.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That panel where Iino talks about pain not being a real thing reminded me that I'm actually reading a horror manga.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh god. Kei's got a bunch of spendthrift online strangers crushing on her. Papagane what have you done.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh god, it's worse than I thought. One of the commenters paid a loving dowry for Kei's hand in marriage.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Now that I think about it, Papagane reminds me a bit of Emperor Norton, but he's got his head on far too straight for a deeper comparison.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That's right, there's absolutely no competition in this chapter. After all, a boy can have two sisters.

(I was going to call Osaragi another older sister for Ishigami, but I looked it up, and she's younger than him by three months.)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Enough of the drama, it's time for mindgames! :getin:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I love seeing these silly kids get on each other's nerves.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

Upon further reflection I am now pulling for the dark horse Hayasaka x Kei
In a shocking twist, Kaguya is not the first to become one of Kei's online simps.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Maki suffered, it was just more subdued than normal. Good for Ishigami, though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My biggest laugh of the chapter. Just when I thought it was done, it comes back.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

As Maki is getting owned constantly, it is sorta hard to remember that she's one of the top students in her grade + a genius on par with Kaguya.
It's like if most of we heard of Achilles is his crippling heel injury.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Despite not seeing Shirogane's face in that last page, I can practically feel his will to live ebbing away.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What a feel-good chapter. It's great to see our boy making some progress.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The only way to fight rumors is with rumors. This is what we call the Persona 2 method.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Megako was going through an entire spin-off manga's worth of life-changing events and we didn't even know.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Not only is Oko a scumbag, he also looks the part. Low-rent Kane-lookin' rear end.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

He sure doesn't emit the same aura as he did in the India chapter.
This is like seeing a low-grade flunky come back as a super threatening late-series enemy, except it's all in the presentation and Mikado isn't actually any more dangerous than he was previously.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh my god, she's still terrifying. What a relief!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So it really is true: pets and their owners tend to resemble one another.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Nothing more heartwarming than seeing the boys talk about titties.

No, for real. I'm glad Tsubasa and the monster virgins are getting along nicely despite their gap in experience. That being said, I foresee some awkward stumbling for Kaguya and Shirogane. Same as it ever was, I suppose.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
How strange. Kaguya is supposed to have dialogue in this newest chapter, but all I can read is the sound of a teapot whistling.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This is so, so stupid, but so, so funny. There's some truly magnificent projection on Kaguya's part.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Good on both Shirogane and Kaguya for making it to...uh...I don't know how baseball metaphors work. Whatever. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, thank goodness. I needed some warm fuzzies after waking up sore. Glad that Aka fleshed out Fujiwara a bit more without having to go through some serious drama...in the present, at least.