Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Liverpool will almost certainly be looking at a DM replacement for Can when he inevitably leaves for Juve. Jorginho is the current hot favourite but he might be going to City. We're also apparently trying to get another player for the front three - Pulisic, Malcolm, Bailley, and Lemar are the names being thrown around. Creativity in midfield is also a weak point with Lallana ageing and we've been linked strongly to Fekir and James Madison (sorry BSE).

Elsewhere, we might get another CB with Matip not impressing this season. GK is always on the cards and it remains to be seen whether we'll go for a number 1 or number 2.

Outgoings: Mignolet (wants game time), Can, but that should be about it. We are letting some of the kids go but I'm expecting Klopp to be strengthening the squad rather than replacing players who have left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

greazeball posted:

I reckon Ings will go, Solanke too but maybe just a loan. We're also starting to have too many right backs if Clyne stays healthy, unless we start playing Gomez at CB next to The Best Defender In The World.

Yeah Ings and Solanke are strange, I'd expect one of them to go but it doesn't look like we're looking at anyone who's kind of a centre forward and with Brewster leaving that would leave us a bit short changed.

Klopp has said that he wants Gomez to play CB. I'm expecting depth next season to look like this:

VVD
Lovren
Matip
Gomez
Klavan

With the new CB either being #2 or #3

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Stories from France that we've offered 55m for Fabinho :getin:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Holy poo poo that happened fast!

Love it, get Fekir and Alisson done quick and this will be a great window

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Arsenal's attack is really strong and if they bin off the Europa League there's no reason they can't pull a Liverpool, ignore the defence and score their way to the title.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

It’s not going to happen. Doesn’t fit the profile for how FSG spend their money.

>VVD
>Fabinho

This is how we spend money now. Go out and buy the player we need for the money they ask for.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

bewbies posted:

so long emre can, i liked you and dont understand why you were allowed to walk for free

I think we would have kept him if he hadn't had a crazy release clause demand (iirc he wanted something over £100k/week, but a release clause <£50m). There's also an added fact that he'd simply get less game time this season. Fabinho is going to be at least our second choice DM. Keita is going to be at least second choice CM. You'd wager Henderson is going to play more often than not. We're looking at Fekir who is probably going to be playing in CM as much as anywhere else. Throw in everyone else and that limits the game time for someone who wants to be our first choice number 6.

He also wasn't particularly good at being a DM. Constantly left players, constantly out of position.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

vyelkin posted:

Can is not a good player and frankly I won't miss the occasional wondergoal since we probably conceded more goals from him cheaply giving away possession or fouling people than we scored thanks to him. I think it's no coincidence that some of the team's best performances were after he just stopped playing in the second half of the season in favour of three of Henderson/Wijnaldum/Ox/Milner in midfield instead.

I'd say he's a good player but not a great one - maybe he can become that at Juve. There's no bad feelings to him, although he ran his contract down he was more than willing to play throughout (although he was injured the last few months) and made no noises in the press etc.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Apparently we're looking at a £12m deal for Shaqiri which is uhhhh

Not keen on him tbh

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

What’s the source? He seems too old with too high a wage for FSG’s tastes. And, like you said, he’s not consistently great.

Literally everyone broke it at the same time so there's definitely interest

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Deal agreed for Fekir, set for a medical tomorrow.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

greazeball posted:

Can any Bundesliga watchers say anything about Origi's year at Wolfsburg?

From what I've heard he was shite

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Breaking Liverpool news...

Emre Can and Jon Flanagan will leave at the end of their contracts.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

This Fekir stuff is weird. French side saying we tried to renegotiate following the medical (which there's nothing wrong with really), English side saying we definitely didn't and it was Lyon who've tried to pull out. The deal might not be dead but I don't think he'll play for us tbh.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I think I've come round to this transfer now, as long as he's only coming in as a back up.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Extremely my poo poo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shaqiri is fine as a "first off the bench" player and I'd much prefer seeing him start ahead of Solanke or Ings.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

He's such an absolute flake you'd hope that Klopp's big teeth and arms around the shoulder approach works for him and he starts to step up instead of being the normal semi disappointment

He seems fine for Switzerland so maybe it's an issue with Stoke

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ica97ddG0Bw

Father! The keeper has awakened!

I'm getting worn out by all the transfer rumors linking Liverpool to keepers. It's an obvious weak spot, but I think Liverpool are going to sit on it until something "just right" comes along because it's not like sucker fans (like me) are going to stop supporting.

Hahahahaha so Maddock came out last night and said that Klopp isn't interested in any new keepers. Instead he's going let Ward (who played exactly one game last season) try out for the number one spot, and Mignolet may stay to "fight for his place"

This is a loving shambles. From the sounds of it it isn't that we've tried and failed to sign keepers, it's that Klopp doesn't want to sign keepers. He's looked at the same jokers from the last few seasons and decided that they're perfectly fine. What's concerning is that the fans are turning against him over this. It's not going to be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo" this season, it'll be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo and why hasn't Klopp replaced any of them" and we all know that things can balloon in football.

Inb4 all the "lol sack Klopp amirite" comments from you lot.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

RideTheSpiral posted:

maybe you should consider waiting until the World Cup ends and transfers can actually happen before your meltdown?

Transfers can happen right now, in fact we've already signed two players (okay one was actually last season), are about to sign another, and they've played for us so no idea what you're talking about

Brony Car posted:

Which fans? I think Klopp has kind of bludgeoned most Liverpool fans into a state of dazed amusement over his willingness to stick with players so I don't see that kind of anger in the circles/sites I visit.

It's all over twitter/reddit/social media. Yeah maybe the local fans are different but there's no denying that this decision has gone down very badly.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Oh yeah I forgot I'm not allowed to criticise Klopp at any point

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

You’re criticizing him for something that literally hasn’t happened lmao

I'm criticising him because something hasn't happened how is this difficult.

Here's the quotes I'm talking about :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danny-ward-given-chance-stake-12907215.amp?1=&__twitter_impression=true posted:

The Liverpool manager is ready to offer his Wales international keeper, who was third choice at the club last season and played just one game, the chance to stake a serious claim for the number one spot at the club.
Klopp, in fact, has ruled out a move in the summer transfer window for a replacement goalkeeper, despite widespread reports in the Italian media that Liverpool are about to bid for Roma's £65m-rated Alisson.
there has been no contact with either the Serie A club or the player himself...and there are absolutely no plans at this stage to enter the race.
Interestingly, it could offer a route back for Simon Mignolet, who has been Belgium's number two keeper at the World Cup.

Klopp is not interested in buying a new goalkeeper. He's going to make the guy who's played one game for us the new number 1, let the guy we binned out last season for being poo poo return to fight for his place (despite Mignolet wanting to leave), and keep Karius around for ???

As a Liverpool fan that's very concerning and I will criticise Klopp and anyone else involved in this decision as much as I want.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ah yes despite literally everyone connected with Liverpool saying he's not trying to buy a keeper, we should assume that he is

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

Isn't it one journalist saying it?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-set-14900193.amp

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpool-open-talks-to-sign-13m-shaqiri-from-stoke/f3n4khi8nfli1d4in600ggxdv

There's two more

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Exactly, I mean when have we ever heard false information from journalists in a transfer window before?

And if we do sign a goalkeeper then that's great. In the meantime I'm not going to pretend that everything is fine whilst all sources are indicating that we're going into the season with the same jokers as last year.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

Danny Ward showed promise at Huddersfield (and they wanted to keep him for another season from what I remember). Maybe "The Pool" should give him a chance to be poo poo lmao.

I have no real complaints about offering him a chance fwiw

Mean Bean Machine posted:

glad we're back to the status quo in this thread: 9000 posts from arsenal/liverpool fans meltdowning about all the players they're buying/not buying

Ah yeah because you're contributing so much

Mean Bean Machine posted:

why does this weird fag keep posting at me lol trying to get a date or something?

:eyepop:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Shaqiri confirmed at Liverpool via video as per the fashion.

I don't think we've talked about how terrible our third kit is

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

aren't those strikers

The problem we had last season was that our next attacking move was to bring one of those two on, which meant either taking off Firmino and replacing him with a vastly inferior alternative, or taking off one of Mané/Salah and moving Firmino out of position.

Shaqiri means we can make an attacking sub in the wide areas without that massive drop off in quality.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Word is we'll be back for Fekir but I must be one of the only people that's not so excited about that. He's got ability, no doubt, but I don't see how he fits into our team without upsetting the way we play.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Aulas is constantly talking to the media about Fekir. After Sunday we might see some very fast movement imo.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jorginho (and Sarri) to Chelsea is a done deal

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

CyberPingu posted:

Don't slit your wrists yet EvilHawk.

Apparently Liverpool are still ahead of Chelsea as the favourites to sign Allison

Yeah saw that this morning. Not sure on the reliability but the pattern we've seen this summer is that the links are coming out of the selling clubs rather than the buying ones.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

The Fabinho deal kind of takes the fun out of the window for Liverpool fans. Not that I'm not happy with it, just that transfer appeared out of nowhere so it makes you doubt rumors and insiders even more than usual

There's been a clear message from the club that they're not going to feed info to journos until it is 100% secured, like Shaqiri (where they reported that he was at Melwood for a medical but everything was already tied up and signed before then). Fekir is probably an outlier in that regard, but there's still a chance that deal gets revived.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

The Cillessen links have been universally rubbished I think

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Liverpool have submitted a £30 million offer for Cillessen according to the Spanish shitrag papers.

https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1018876361577033728

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

This doesn't make any sense, the other journalist and everyone at Liverpool said this wasn't happening and that Klopp was sticking with his current keepers.

I think this must be a lie otherwise Evilhawk would look really foolish for trusting idiot journalists on twitter whose job is to write bullshit about transfers.

If it's true then awesome! I want us to buy a keeper! All of the same journos I was referring to last week have now come out and confirmed it!

All we can do as fans is respond to what we are being seen and told. We were told that we weren't interested in a keeper and we were seeing Klopp try to rehabilitate Karius, and give Ward a chance. That concerned me and, in my opinion, is entirely fair.

I'm holding my breath until the deal is done though. I'm worried about Chelsea's reaction after Courtois potentially goes.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

You weren't told that by anyone with any connection to the club, you were told it by lazy idiots who make up stories to sell newspapers. This isn't hard.

If Klopp in a press conference says "We aren't buying a keeper" then get worked up. If a guy who works for the daily mail and who has a vested interest in getting people to buy his newspaper by making up stories posts a story on twitter you can probably wait for it to be officially confirmed before taking it as gospel.

Okay might as well shut down this entire forum and just look at press conferences then

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

Just this thread is fine because it's the same group of weird plastic liverpool and arsenal fans melting down every single season about made up nonsense from twitter.

Stop posting in it then nobody will miss you

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

No because I'm not an arsenal fan and the situation isn't a dumb lie because arsenal did exactly that repeatedly but if some guy with no link to my club posted that the chairman has decided to turn the stadium into a speedway track and gently caress off the football I probably wouldn't post a completely unironic suggestion that he must be stopped from this insane plan without some kind of confirmation.

You're literally retarded hth

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

A sad attempt to recreate the magic of Van Dijk’s silver Mercedes van.

Pfft it's no Babel copter

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

You’re the guy who wanted to sack the coach who took them to a CL semi and then blamed him for not signing a goalkeeper when he is trying to do exactly that because you believe everything you read online.

No I loving didn't, I said Klopp wasn't untouchable just because he got us to an EL final (hint: this was before we got to the CL final), that he needed to change his tactics because we were getting found out (hint: he did), and said he was making a mistake if he stuck with the current crop of keepers.

If you're this obsessed with my posts at least loving read them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Agreed, gently caress off

• Locked thread