Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I hope you're all ready to rack up hype percent before getting your expectations launched to the blastzone by excellent character reveals.

Tomorrow, we are all brothers under smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I hope Olimar gets 5 Pikmin again, that the Ice Climbers come back wearing Wolf-skin parkas, that our new FE rep is an Axe Lord, and for Sakurai to bless an obscure but well-loved character by digging them out of the trash heap and putting them back in the public eye for another shot at glory.

And also that your favorite character gets in. Yes, you, dear person reading this post.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Not long now.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

How

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

This is loving unreal, I can't even believe it

It's literally everything anyone asked for

HOW

am I still alive

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm still floored. It's gonna take a while to get used to.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Raserys posted:

aw drat it no new character

greedy thing

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Wario's got his shoulder charge back for his dash attack.

In the Olimaer trailer when he uses his grab it looks like his entire squad of pikmin grabs the enemy rather than just one.

Ness's PK effects are now accurate to Earthbound!

What other little things have you noticed?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/zeldauniverse/status/1006886547885576192?s=21

60fps docked and handheld. 1080p docked, 720p handheld.

That is the good poo poo.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Then what the hell is Boney doing there?

Moral support.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I still can't believe the west memed Ridley into existence. He looks sick as hell, though.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So the site is laid out in a way that makes me think they're gonna go back to the Smash Dojo thing of doing a daily update where they show a new item or stage or fighter or something each day. Which would be SICK. It was kind of sad not having that for the WiiU one

God I hope they bring back the Dojo, checking that thing and getting to read Sakurai.txt every day was a joy.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Someone post the picture of Sakurai when he was working on Kirby, when he somehow looked 20 years older than he does today.

Sakurai is a Jojo's-style hot vampire, everyone knows this.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

introducing echo fighter: fat pikachu

That's just Raichu.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1006594331308724224

For extra fun, watch a bunch of Melee players fill their diapers in the replies.

Good.

Melee has needed to be taken behind the barn and put down for years. I love the game and it was one of my favorite games on the Gamecube but it's been 16 loving years. It's past time to let go.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

With the Pokémon trainers Pokémon back to being a single character, do we know how are they're going to handle Zelda/Sheik and Samus ZSS?

I also really hope Peach gets a new Final Smash.

Considering that Sheik still has bouncing fish and Zelda still has the Phantom Slash, odds are pretty good they're separate characters. I'd imagine that Samus and ZSS are the same.

Probably the only reason that the Pokemon team is back together is because it was the only way they could bring back PT, and since there's no penalty this time around you're free to "main" any of the three.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

bef posted:

if they run 2 smash games next year (assuming 4 and ultimate) im wondering how many entrants are gonna be in 4 compared to 5. melee community doesn't move on to the next game but brawl smashers jumped ship to 4 and will definitely do so for 5. if anything they should just do it for ultimate

I don't go to tournaments so my opinion might not be applicable, but I know for a fact that I am dropping 4 like a brick after this comes out. "EVERYONE IS HERE," and it seems to have good mechanics and crunchy hitsounds so I don't really see a point to sticking around.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

If there’s an Isabelle echo fighter of Villager, I hope each alt for her is another Animal Crossing character.

NGL, I'd love to see this. Hell, she would probably appreciate the chance to crack some heads after being stuck running the town while the mayor is AWOL.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Golden Sun wasn't even good, people only remember it because the RPG on GBA situation at that time was kind of dire.

God, I'm remembering it now and all of the characters in those games were just absolute morons, even the ones that were supposed to be smart. ESPECIALLY the ones that were supposed to be smart.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bleck posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of [the plot of every JRPG ever made]

Yes, but especially so.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

goons hating Golden Sun? That one's new!

why fix what's not broke?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bleck posted:

also the music was pretty good iirc

No. Bad Bleck.
I probably already know exactly which song you're thinking of (by virtue of playing all the goddamn time) and it's not a good song. It's a discordant mess of half-baked musical ideas that don't build on each other and ultimately waste time spinning their wheels going up and down the scales before looping jarringly. Yes it shreds and that was probably enough when you were 12, but it is not by any means a good composition that adds any sort of meaningful atmosphere to the battles besides "goes fast." The boss musics were even worse for the exact same reasons and the overworld themes were generic and forgettable.

It's weird because most of his other compositions don't have this problem but the GBA golden sun soundtracks were and are a jumbled heap of notes.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

what a bad soundtrack

agree wholeheartedly

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

Is it even legal to like a game despite it not being perfect? Better lock me up just in case boss

It's just fine to like a game that has large and obvious flaws, as long as you don't clam up and get overly defensive about your tastes without addressing any of the flaws being discussed as valid. Taking offense to negative statements about something you like as if they were personal attacks probably isn't good or healthy.

On the OTHER hand, crawling up somebody's rear end just because they like something you don't and tearing them down by virtue of association rather than basing arguments on the objective qualities of the thing in question is extremely bad, especially when you get weirdly hyperbolic poo poo like

fa-GYO posted:

Golden sun likers need to be euthanized.

less of this, please

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I never understood why they gave Wolf so much to differentiate him from Fox and Falco and then just cut him from Smash 4. I'm glad to see him back, along with every other smasher.

EVERYONE IS HERE!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Do you think Pichu will still be a joke character?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Moriatti posted:

Melee ia fine.

Iä! Iä! Melee fhtagn!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

That's amazing and now I can't believe it didn't work that way before.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

I'd buy echo fighters because I'm a dumb bitch

Characters definitely, stages maybe, outfits probably not, mii fighter costumes hard pass.

I hope they do put out DLC, but I also hope that Sakurai hands it off to his team so he can take a dang break.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

When's the next direct sakurai

please don't kill him faster

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It would be so loving weird to see the Minecraft guy, probably the lowest effort character ever made, in Smash, a series known for insane levels of polish in just about everything.

I don't think even Sakurai could make it work, unless he's a joke character that only has one attack and the same half-assed animations as his home game.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

We’d get the classic BK I think if it happened. Didn’t Sakurai threaten to not include Pac-Man if he was forced to use the Ghostly Adventures design by Namco?:lol:

Sakurai is a man of principle.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Filthy Haiku posted:

I'm not too enthusiastic about Banjo/Kazooie being a playable character, I'd rather them give us a Gruntilda assist trophy that just makes a N64 quality text box show up with Grunty insulting all the fighters in rhyme.

I love this idea, but only if it makes the noise, too. REAGH RAGH RUUGH REAH!

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the bear and bird make an appearance, but this would be a great way to give the series a nod if an AT is all they're going to get.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Countblanc posted:

no, more 3rd party characters!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Avirosb posted:

I'd probably play it if it didn't look and sound like anime.

You are doing yourself a huge disservice.

e: this is coming from someone who would cross the street to avoid an anime

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Xenoblade 2 won't get a character, but it will get representation through an assist trophy.

The assist trophy is a bunch of Ardanian Soldiers.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

DrPaper posted:

Kirby Robobot is a newcomer

Kirby piloting the Robobot armor as a playable character would make my year.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Zero Suit in this looks really good. I wish they ditched her space heels but still a big improvement over 4 where she looked like a sex doll.

She still looks a bit twiggy to be running around in the Power Suit, but they actually gave her some muscles and toned down the fanservice this time around so it's a step in the right direction. It's a far cry from Super Metroid promo art Samus, but it's something at least.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

where would this city trial remix fit best.

I could see it on fountain of dreams.

Smash Run, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Remember when Yoshi's arms were orange?

That was weird.