Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I just painted up Skaeth's Wild Hunt from Underworlds and I wondered where these guys belong, faction-wise? I'm fairly new to the AoS setting and I haven't been able to place them. My guess would be Sylvaneth but as far as I can tell they're all angry tree ghosts.

Also, is there a semi-decent AoS book that works as an introduction to the setting? I have a moderate tolerance to bad fantasy stories if that helps.

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Good lookin' models!

The Wild Hunt have Sylvaneth rules for AoS here. The fact that they're Sylvaneth also means you could treat them as in-faction for Cities of Sigmar if playing a Living City list, so you could use them in an army of elves and humans too.

Oh neat, thanks. They just differed enough in design that I wondered if they were their own thing. Though animal-elf isn't that far from tree-elf I guess :v:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Raiche posted:

Dig the shiny metal-green

Thanks, it's just Mortarion Green Clear over Liberator Gold. It doesn't cover very smoothly but it looks alright at a distance

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

New warband for Underworlds:

The proportions on the bottom right one seems off somehow. Might be the angle or the paintjob though.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I feel like the mountain cow is an odd design choice given BoC’s strong association with bulls etc. It muddies the themes a bit for me. I do like the crazy poo poo outta nowhere aspect of it though

The warcry flame guys are pretty good also

E: just realized the cow sorta ties into the keeper of secrets which is kinda neat

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 28, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Seldom Posts posted:

Here is your unit of immovable hammer wielding mountain dwellers.

Oh yes they're elves why do you ask?

Looking forward to the fast spear wielding plains dwarves

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I want refined sun goblins

seriously though, more goblins

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Captain No-mates posted:

Cow elves are sick, do you guys reckon they'll have more models to represent another one of the 4 spirits or this is more or less all we'll get plus some generic characters?

We haven’t seen this lady yet but she might just be a generic wizard or something

E: or this incense burner?

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 28, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Anno posted:

There’s a very blurry image of the veiled elf in today’s video. Are those known runes or anything on her robe?

Also it kind of looks like there’s a tiny dragon over her shoulder? Though now I think it’s that incense thing above, I hadn’t seen that before.

Huh, that really does look like a dragon when blurred. Fairly sure it’s the burner though, you can see her hand holding it in the closeup

Also I would be fully onboard with elephant and tiger elves

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Neat

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 4, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

So no new models for gargants? Hopefully that reveal was saved for later.

They said new models were coming. No word on them being in this wave of reveals though

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GIANTS FOR EVERYONE

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

New Herald

Johan :unsmith:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

They look real good, not quite as cartoony as the teaser illustrations

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

those snotlings are great

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I enjoyed Planet Zoo and even Jurassic World Evolution (a year or two after launch) but it's gonna be real interesting to see if they can do a competent RTS. Their games are usually buggy messes at launch but their post-launch support is usually excellent

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

owl faction when

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

CharlesThunder posted:

the deepkin look so fuckin cool but I dont know if I would actually like playing them. what's their thing? they don't seem to be super fast, tough, killy, or shooty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w

I don’t play them but everything I’ve read about them says to take a ton of eels

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 4, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I'd love to paint some Seraphon for funsies but man, I hope they give Saurus a makeover at some point

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Eltharion is back so where the hell is grom the paunch

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Where's that from?

Some guy on Reddit printed it based on Total War Grom

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/c...utm_name=iossmf

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jun 28, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Floppychop posted:

The guy that got the model in printable form also has a ton other TW:W2 models on his Thingiverse account. They're drat good.

Flying real close to the copyright sun though

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

MeinPanzer posted:

So is there any indication at this point as to when GW will resume its regular new product previews? It feels like we’ve been out of the worst restrictions of lockdown for long enough, and most small miniature companies have been up and at ‘em for quite some time already... plus, that recent Economist article on the industry indicated that it was doing gangbusters as bored tabletop gamers clambered for stuff to work on at home. I would love to see new Warcry and Underworlds stuff soon.

There’s a roadmap for Underworlds at least

https://www.warhammer-community.com...whuoadmap160720

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

bug people when

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Morality_Police posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice him, hi little guy! :glomp:

he's great

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I really don't like the skink noses but I guess they'll be simple enough to paint/sand/greenstuff to something more lizardlike

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I'm surprised at how much I like the vampire. Really striking color scheme.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

The vampire looks like a rank and file model to me, it just doesn't seem fancy enough to be a character compared to the other stuff AoS has been putting out. On the other hand it is standing on a rock...

I sorta feel the opposite. Some of the armor in AoS can be a little too.... filigreed for me.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

...huh

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

It's pretty neat with a model for each of the Fantasy bloodlines (Blood Dragon/Von Carstein/Lahmian/Strigoi)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

So we're apparently getting Warhammer Quest: Not-Vermintide.

this dude is packing

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

gotta say the guy on the left looks awfully Skaven-y

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JBP posted:

VOME AND HAVE A DRINK WITH ME!

Let me go home Barry it's four in the loving morning.

I FOUND A PUPPY

Barry, please

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/04/your-first-look-at-warhammer-quest-cursed-citys-skeletal-ulfenwatch/

Cursed city is getting the skeletons that Death players wish they had for their entire army.

hot drat, those are good

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

new orcs incoming

Winklebottom posted:

Here's the next Underworlds warband, Hedkrakka’s Madmob

and a teaser for another member of the warband

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I'm thinking this rumor engine from a couple of days ago could be a Cursed City thing

If it is, there's good odds that the big guy we've only seen the back of could be an ogre. They're in the city at least.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Is that an aleguzzler head?

Too small for a gargant (I think :v:). Seems more like an ogre to me.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Just put together Morgwaeth’s Blade-coven and goddamn, these ladies are spindly. Snapped a spear haft and a sword, first time that’s happened to me. Props to anyone who put together a whole DoK army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

New orc and a Ossiarch silhouette

Skails posted:

Cross posting this goblin

that's so loving good