Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is he even faculty anywhere? It seems kind of dishonest to flog your terminal degree if it has nothing to do with what you actually do.

idk i kinda think the whole college thing is mostly a bourgeois mechanism to keep blue-collar workers out of the professional-managerial class but that was just my experience job hunting after the rona got my company a bunch of people off and killed an entire business unit anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

oh he's a landlord, very cool, very contributional.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HALF-CAFF

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ok i thought maybe he was just running through some katas at first but wtf was that baton routine lmfao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's very cool, and good, that they get to leave the company with their golden parachute and not be terminated and had their benefits revoked or whatever the technical term for losing your poo poo when you gently caress up at a company is that only seems to happen to us working class assholes, and not the loving vultures at the top, ever, because that would actually be reflective of a culture change, not just scapegoating a couple of guys that got outed while, again, double-checking that their golden parachute is adequately packed.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ubisoft also spent years promoting and providing cover for serial abusers so

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Heath posted:

What was the point exactly

someone was mad that someone else likes to play as women in Video James

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's especially fun when they make the argument that preferring to play as female characters means you're rewarding abusive companies

yes, ubisoft is a horrific company run by horrific individuals, but what company isn't? at some point you have to kind of throw your hands up and say 'welp, there just is no ethical consumption under capitalism' and do your best to try and push for more expansive change than just...the firing (or allowance to resign with retirement benefits intact) of a handful of named execs that will just be replaced by another abusive capitalist piece of poo poo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"nobody gives a poo poo", they cried, while giving a lot of a poo poo

Its Chocolate posted:

no one gives a poo poo if you "prefer" to play as female characters. I myself prefer to play as female characters

Its Chocolate posted:

cuz it's insane

Its Chocolate posted:

having this autistic rule that you have to play as female characters and then ending up giving money to Ubisoft because of it is peak woke

Its Chocolate posted:

they made an arbitrary rule that they have to play as a girl in games, probably for woke reasons, and it led them to giving money to a company that protects sexual abusers and does terrible poo poo to their employees

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

The proportion of women as the default main character in video games has remained in single digits for a while now (gonna go out on a limb and say that sexist shitfuck who just got shown the door at Ubisoft is probably one of many of his ilk in the industry), but there is a clear downward trend in the same for men after a recent peak in 2016 (I wonder why :magemage:).

Apparently roughly 2/3 now have the option to customise the sex of their character, and that has been rising steadily.

I'm gonna go ahead and be captain pedantic on this, but the shitfucks let go so far were "allowed to leave" rather than "shown the door" meaning they basically got their golden parachutes packed, checked, double checked, re-packed and triple-checked before leaving.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i definitely see an appreciable difference between "experiencing a story as a character" vs "experiencing a character's story"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

excuse me but i've read through vaatividya's collected memoirs of lordran at least 17 times thank you very much

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

can we take a moment and just commune over a general sense of outrage that of all the saints row games to remaster, they chose 3 instead of 2?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

2 with not-awful controls would be a really good game, provided they added Laura Bailey Boss and cockney boss from 3 and 4.

i could be wrong, but didn't cockney boss originate in 2?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

there's a thread in cspam for vidja yames fyi

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

collocation posted:

Can we go back to clowning me for the way that I expressed my love of reading? It was pretty painful and boring, for all parties, but it wasn't as painful and boring as whatever the gently caress is going on right now.

nerd

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DemoneeHo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

Enough with the video games

Anyways

Slate had this article from a few days ago about how Liberty University spent millions over the last few decades to make a decent athletic program. But Falwell and Liberty's racism towards black people are driving away the black athletes that the sports teams need to survive.

maybe they could make a transition to esports?

i'm not even sorry

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

smug jeebus posted:

I feel good when bad things happen to bad people

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Also people like Peterson deserve to be punished and rarely are.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

wow are they really still talking about that woman?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Chowduh

Chowduh with Crowdah

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

For some reason, my iteration of the YouTube algorithm loves to favor Rising with Krystal and Sagaar. I can't watch but 2 or 3 videos of anything without tripping into a series of 10 or more Rising videos in a row.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

No, I've seen FOX news cover the moon. Stop spreading Republican talking points!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ghana: A Nestle Family Product

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's hilarious to me that they're exclusively outraged when women write filthy sex songs.

ed sheeran can do whatever the gently caress he wants, though

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shapiro desperately wants to gently caress Cardi B

He doesn't know how to process his feelings

He's going to explode on stream when (if) she drops an onlyfans link

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i used to think that all the pictures of charlie kirk i ever saw had his face photoshopped to be smaller on his head

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The Chairman posted:

counterpoint: Ben

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

cardi seems like the kinda person that'd be cool to get drunk and stoned with

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wet rear end Bernie

e: i really need to change my av, bernard has been super disappointing the last few days

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Cardi B was very open about her path as a dancer and a SW, and came under some flak by telling extremely graphic stories on her Instagram live about when rich manhattan guys would come in to her club to pick up women, she would get them way too high on street drugs and pills and rob them blind. she admitted to sexually assaulting a couple of them while they were passed out because they were kinda hot and some people got mad at her, but she countered with “they were gonna try to buy my pussy anyway, it’s not my fault Warren can’t handle some lean”

so make of that what you will. She’s unapologetically herself, for better or worse.

Comrade Cardi

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Alhazred posted:

For drugging and raping people? (She denies she did any of that now though)

For drugging and assaulting rich Brooklynites,

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Cardi B loving owns

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Alhazred posted:

You're a rape apologists.

John Brown did nothing wrong. I am an unabashed murder apologist.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah I honestly have no problem with flipping the script and taking advantage of rich and powerful people who are specifically trying to take advantage of you. it’s 2020 gently caress decorum gently caress the rules eat the rich and take their poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Has the Q collective caught onto that story yet?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dreylad posted:

a yacht instagram account. loving hell

my sister-in-laws fancies herself a temporarily embarrassed millionaire and works with "people" that have multi-million dollar yachts. they all have instagram pages, and facebook pages, and youtube channels and just...ugh.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"battle wagon" lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dreylad posted:

look I admit that I'm bougie enough that I'm going to dragged in front of the tribunals to be guillotined in the near future, but all I ask is those people go before me

A reading from the book of The Last Time We Saw My Sister-In-Law

"So he tells me, 'I just bought a seven million dollar yacht, what the hell is twenty-five grand to tow it to Florida so I can actually use it?!'"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i generally steer away from making fun of how people look because i'm a fat, ugly piece of poo poo myself, but, laura loomer not only actively chose to look like that, she actually paid someone to re-sculpt her to look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

generally otherwise intelligent buddy of mine is lib-brained and he loving loves the lincoln project.

i just don't get it. i mean i get that "trump bad" is the end-all be-all goal for lib brains but like...bro you're working class just like me