Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
That’s what he wants! Don’t let him win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't get it, Vulpes is right there and he did it better! Give it to him!

Dan seems like a guy who collects secrets and uses them to his advantage

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Some people are afraid to say it, but I'm not. Dan Slott killed Kurt Cobain.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

No matter how hard some dude named Salvador Larroca insists, marvel doesn’t publish any Aliens books. If they did, I’d read them. Not sure why this Larroca guy keeps talking about them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The team on Moon Knight is killing it. Another great issue.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Skwirl posted:

I mean, Daredevil doesn't drive a fancy car, because, you know...

Excuse me?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The “everything is crazy” time jump has to be one of my least favorite tropes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I honestly forgot Miracleman returned.

Somehow Miricleman has returned

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

They did the night time thing in Immortal Hulk.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Like this?

https://twitter.com/reverendclown/status/1537933805356404736?s=21&t=KZJ0QBTh998T9qBIPkeLlA

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m still irritated that they erased Natasha’s good memories of Bucky years ago. I liked them together.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I just read the New Fantastic Four and I have to say I love it when Marvel does this. They can wedge all kinds of new stories in their old plot lines. Give me more of this and less of whatever’s happening over in Spider-Man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Counterpoint: that last Symbiote Spider-Man series was loving terrible *and* had Greg Land art

It couldn't be anything but with Land art. I didn't even try to read it when I saw his name attached. #StopGivingGregLandWork

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Variants #1 was great. I love both Gail Simone and Phil Noto, how could I not enjoy this book?

Also; as far as throwback stories go Venom Lethal Protector is fun. Could by my nostalgia glasses though, I ate up the Lethal Protector stuff when it was new. (I have the bagley art from the first issue’s cover tattooed on my arm)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gologle posted:

The Captain America book is really good so far.

Both are.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I fuckn love Moon Knight. Have since the 90s. In the past 10 years he’s had some great runs, and this new one is no different. Such good comics.

Oh and that sex criminal guy still writes a good Daredevil.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Any-Man from Ewing and Tom Reilly was fun. Full of 1960s absurdity. A villain called the Window Washer? Yes please.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Beerdeer posted:

The Viper is coming

Thankfully the book steers away from his original horrific design

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Uh I did not get a romance thing from the arms at all. It came off much more as an attached pet to me

Watch more hentai.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Party Boat posted:

That's your answer to everything, Joe Fisto!

It solves a lot of problems.

There was some Venom talk a while back and let me recommend Venom: Lethal Protector. It’s a new book by David Michelinie (the writer who came up with venom) It’s set back in the 90s so it’s more of his “eat Spider-Man’s brains” and save innocents characterization. I think it’s fun. Arts pretty good too.

Check it out

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/93344/venom_lethal_protector_2022_1

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I scribbled out the text box in case its a spoiler, but I ask you, If you aren't reading Moon Knight what the hell is your problem?

LOOK AT THAT

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I was commenting on it over in the Good/Bad Art thread, but does anyone know why War Machine is wearing his MCU armor in the current Iron Man book? Its a weird choice.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

You gave the answer over there: the artist traced an action figure. That's it. That's the reason.

As far as I'm aware, he's only appearing in Iron Man, so it's not like there's some "correct" armor that he should be currently wearing.

He also appeared to have used the Marvel Selects Titanium Man in a recent book. Nothing wrong with photo references at all, but change some stuff so its not as jarring, or keep the styles consistent at least. There are greebly bits on Rhodey that I think only exist on the figure. Oh well. I do enjoy the art in the book.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think he's showing up in Captain Marvel too. But I don't remember his suit looking all that different from this one.

I'd like to see what he looks like in that book too. Anyone have a panel?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Ah, thats definatley the MCU suit, just toned down. I like that better. Thanks!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

She doesn’t need to be given one, she’s already wearing 12. Regardless if the writer knows or not.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Noob Saibot posted:

Are there any Man-Thing comics worth reading?

Not the one by RL Stein for sure.

While not just a Man-Thing book the Howling Commandos of Shield was fun as I recall.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think most characters are a bundle of stereotypes and tropes related to their culture, it just depends on which ones are used and how. Are Dani Moonstar’s headband and braids a trope? Yup. Are they negative? Probably not. She doesn’t wear a headdress after all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gripweed posted:

Sure Moonstar and Thunderbird and Warpath are all created in the stereotypical image of "an Indian" but they also talk in full sentences and have character motivations and such. And there's Forge right there who, aside from the headband, isn't a stereotypical Native American at all

Forge does delve into native mysticism from time to time.

I don’t have a full opinion on Gateway, I can imagine there are some aboriginal thoughts out there on the subject.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Between Nuke and Hate-Monger they got most of America covered.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Moon Knight 17 and Fantastic Four 1, both fantastic reads. Exactly what both books should be.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

After reading the latest Moon Knight I am resolved to now get the TPB(s) and prepared to declare Mackay part of my top five favorite writers. He *gets* MK. and Strange is fantastic. They should tap him to write MCU MK.

It’s been such a great run. I think you could post the first half of the issue in the badass panels thread. I didn’t specify which issue on purpose there. (Because it’s all of them)

If I had any criticism it would be that big assassin guy looks a little too much like Sabertooth, but hell this is comics so it doesn’t matter really.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

FWIW, that's one's on me, not Alessandro- his original look for the Nemean was much different.

That was me stretching for something complain about and it wasn’t even a full throated complaint.

If I may, what was the original design and why’d you want to change it?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I follow Ryan Ottley on Twitter and he's talking about taking over writing on The Hulk. It sounds like Cates left the book quickly. I didn't see an announcment or anything, does anyone know what happened? I wasn't feeling the Spaceship Hulk plot, so I stopped reading the book.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Thanks!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nilbop posted:

I don't think I've ever read a single thing from Cates that I liked but he seems like a genuinely nice dude.

It's been a while since I read them, and they are early in his career, but you might check out Buzzkill or God Country.

He does seem like a cool dude. If I liked hanging out with people in person, I might enjoy hanging out with him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

he's been phoning it in for a long time

I dropped Ewing’s Venom because of this

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I thiiiiiiiiiink there's some vampire-based event or series in the works? It seems like something that everyone keeps coming back around to for like an issue or two, then moves along to something else

There was a lot of vampire stuff in that Winter Guard mini that came out recently.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Azubah posted:

And Bats.

Bats is a must

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think the writer guy said on Twitter that the only reason Clea is Sorcerer Supreme right now is so that the MALE (aka best) character can come back and Sorcerer Supreme so hard in her face and embarrass her that she cries and disappears into space.

obviously not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Clea is badass. She really should stick around in some prominent capacity.