Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

Kind of enjoying Exiles, but I'm not sure having Kamala Khan dying in a suicide bombing is very good optics Marvel.

I hear you, but I think a dude named Saladin Ahmed is aware of those optics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Mojo II was just in Squirrel Girl

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Wow. Issue 6? Earlier than I would have guessed. Was that Claremont's first issue on the book? I know Lobdell wrote the first couple and then got kicked off or left for whatever reason.

Joyboy's powers are like a factory for them. He turns Kitty solid (but also super fat) and hits Courtney Ross' sidekick with muscle growth, male-to-female transformation, and then a weird combination of the two.

From the recent Rocket mini:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I guess I missed the solicit, but I'm writing best Spider-Man, the Emissary of Hell, with comics' best boy Sheldon Vella in this book.

drat, gratz on all the work!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Someone I trust opinions of told me to check out Donny Cates run of Venom of this morning knowing I don't like symbiotes or Venom in general outside of the Agent Venom/Spaceknight stuff. I figured it was only a few issues so why not. Welp. OK Cates. After the first couple issues I wasn't really feeling it but I got to today's issue and I'll begrudgingly admit that was a genius twist and has me interested in symbiotes now. Tying their origin in Gorr The God Butcher and the Necrosword is actually pretty drat cool. That's the whole reason he told me this morning because he knew how much I loved that Thor storyline.

This is the most interesting symbiotes have ever been to me. Since I'm a notorious symbiote hater I'm going to assume most others will hate this turn of events.

Yeah, I was not expecting that to show up in Venom AT ALL! Loved it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

New experience for the day: someone on youtube hated my Spider-Geddon book so much they tore it into pieces on mic

Other responses have been pretty good though, and I signed a bunch of books at the local store!

To balance that out, I shared two different pages to Facebook because I loved it so much.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It'd be a great testing ground for new/indie talent too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\/\ F

Codependent Poster posted:

I would welcome Kelly Thompson into this thread anytime.

Yeah totally, one of my favorite writers.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Why did they put out all the edge of spider geddon books before spider geddon 2

Big spoilers or just annoying spoilers?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Weapon H has been surprisingly entertaining, especially this most recent arc in Weirdworld. They've also kept Titana's characterization where she's trying to go straight, so that's great.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So Ock didn't just betray the spiders after kicking Osborn out of the group for betraying the spiders, did he?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah all the talk about martians had me confused until that reveal, then I was like, "oh poo poo, deep cut!". I really loved the design on Zarathos, too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

Jason Aaron does a fine job in Thor: God of Thunder. I haven’t read Simonson’s run, but I didn’t feel like I was missing much.

Only the best Thor storied ever. Aaron id giving Simson a run for his money though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

I don't care about Conan but I'll read this for the uhh tugs collar for the articles

gently caress yeah, Belit is awesome! Reading the original Howard stories, there's a lot less misogyny than you'd expect from the genre and especially the time period. The stories where Conan is part of her crew are pretty interesting. The crew is all men and they all follow her orders without any compunction, even Conan who actually respects her. The crew is either mixed or all black, which would be cool as well, but one of these stories takes place in Hyperborean Africa where there are literal monstrous dark skinned cannibal ape-men. So, that kind of ruins things.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

How long until its retconned away by mephisto to save aunt Petunia

What's up with Aunt Petunia being old? I thought the joke was she was young and hot?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Daredevil!

I really dug Man Without Fear and was actually sad that it was just a placeholder mini (so, great job making that not just readable, but really gripping, Vulpes), I knew Zdarsky was going to write a good book, but I was not prepared for how intense it actually was. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

rantmo posted:

There is nothing about DIE thus far that I do not love unreservedly. I need to get physical copies of the issues, digital does not cut it for this.

I'll be grabbing the trade and hopefully double diping for the hardcover. Does Image do hardcovers? Anxiously awaiting the rpg

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hulkverine should not loving work. It just shouldn't, but I love this big stupid book.

Grats Vulpes, looking forward to Blackcat!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

So is Under York something that already existed and I had no awareness of or is it something Tom Taylor has created for this run on Spider-Man? Either way I'm digging it.

This arc is starting to remind me of Planetary, and you can't go wrong there.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I can not wait the weaponsgrade thickness omnibus

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Vampires are also cool

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Haven't gotten the chance to read yet, are you shipping or did North finally pull the trigger and make it explicitly stated?

haven't seen today's, but when they were trapped in time they ended up in a relationship

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, gently caress Slott. That ending in fantastic four was like a grade school joke but taken super serious.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

I'd laugh if the girl with white hair turned out to be White Fox because it would mean two different writers suddenly remembering she exists within a few months of one another

I'm pretty sure that Sharon Carter, remember, she's old now. Also, the woman with red hair and the hood isn't Natasha, it's brand new anti-hero The Dryad! I totally thought it was Widow, but the next scene is her trashing some dudes and telling them to let their boss know that the Dryad is going to beat the poo poo out of them.

Kind of sad that Ewing went for the deep cut of turning Betty into the Harpy again, instead of red she-hulk, but og Harpy was green, so something else is happening here. Also, super pumped to see what Banner/Fixit is gonna do. Immortal Hulk is too good for us.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that's a lot of wierd effort

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Slott is doing an aggressively dumb story in Iron Man right now where he built like the best best virtual reality ever where everything feels realer than real but bad guys hacked it and then gave people real guns and jetpacks and banned the good players and gave admin powers or something to trolls and the trolls unwittingly drove cars over people and shot real people and decapitated real people they thought were elves or something, and his evil mom and dad AIs convinced him to drink in the VR game which made him drunk in real life so uh

I assume this story will follow this trend.

Don't forget bringing back character find of 2004, THE GAUNTLET!!! Any day now, Slott will get to do his GAUNTLET war

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Welp for Juggy fans, he's joined up with Scott and crew again.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm totally checked out for this arc.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So what happened with BP because gently caress if I'm gonna read it before the next Arc

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, immortal hulk 16 sold more that the first issue?!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit, i do not want any more Slott written Spider-Man

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Gambit is already established as the premier classy catlady in marvel comics.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Majorie Liu's X-23 series established that Gambit has MANY cats, and Mr & Mrs X showed us that they're cool with Rogue.

I think that also made the Kate Beaton comic cannon.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

I’m reading through Immortal Hulk on Marvel Unlimited so only up to issue 10.

But in an early issue the Shadow Base name drops Cho and that they are keeping him under survailance.

I also loved that they showed them monitoring other Gamma characters, including having a camera stuck on Rick Jones’ grave. You can’t be too careful.

oh man, only issue 10

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

she's gay? i agree, it's obvious

everyone is gay
-curt cobain

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Balon posted:

I like this Doctor Korpse guy.

Same, he's a new character, right?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I like that ghost Rider is both wearing a shirt and got called out on it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Kinda weird this hasn't happened before, and can't help but wonder if it's in response to DC putting out Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen comics.

Edit: Also meant to say that new Leah Williams comics is a good thing.

Wasn't interested until you said Leah Williams was behind it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

The Krakoa seeds weren't sunflowers at my comic store. I don't remember what, but it was two words both starting with B (maybe there's another phrase for sunflower that's two words starting with B? I didn't see any in a quick google). I'll see if they have any next time I'm in.

Archyduchess posted:

Edit: It's funny, I often idly think about Hickman as an extremely weird disciple of German Romanticism in some ways, in good and bad ways, so packaging his comics with a bit of Blaue Blumen is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I saw that, it's not that one

There we go. That's what my store had, I don't know what those are.

Fake edit, those are a completely different flowers than sunflowers.

I figured that was german for corn flower since Archy mentioned that earlier in her post. WHOOPS