Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God drat, I just started the latest run of daredevil and what a crazy opening arc. Can anyone give me a quick blurb (or point me to a good article) on what happened before this? Things like Mayor Fisk and Matt almost dying are things I'd love to hear more about assuming they don't get covered in future issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I remember reading the earlier parts of the last run and enjoyed what I'd seen (stuff like Matt working for the da's office). I'll give it a go!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I'd definitely recommend Soule's run because it sets up a few things in the current one like the return of Mike Murdock or how Matt can go to prison without disclosing his identity

e: added spoiler tags for Kingtheninja's sake if they want to go through everything blind.

Went back and read the whole thing, now I'm around issue 14 of the current series. Absolutely great stuff, really loving it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What are the chances elektra stays in her kickass DD outfit? I'm absolutely loving the design and don't want it to go away anytime soon.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

This makes it sound like you read every other issue

The Daredevils power couple is a neat concept that I hope sticks around for a bit. I also hope Chip can eventually make the Hand interesting, which no one else has been able to do by my reckoning, which is baffling considering they're like, evil ninja wizards and poo poo

I will riot if they get rid of that kick rear end elektra DD costume. This was a great run and I'm glad I got in on it a couple months ago. I think they're doing a one shot or a mini series to fill the gap between this and devils reign.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just picked up unlimited again, I'd like to check out the ultimate line again. I'm good on everything up to ultimatum, but would at least like to read all the Spiderman stuff after it. Is there anything other than Spiderman worth reading post ultimatum?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I used to read xmen and did read a good chunk of f4 but I just dropped everything after ultimatum.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Very good. I didn't know what all to expect but I was very pleased with what I read. Definitely in for a ride in this new universe.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Lucifunk posted:

I jumped into the X-Men in the early 80s as a kid. That is true power.

Now I'm picturing someone's first xmen issue being right before or after the siege perilous and trying to figure out wtf is going on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah one thing I've noticed with the new ultimate universe is the tech. I think it's supposed to be a bit more futuristic given the makers involvement in things, but it also seems like an aspect writers and artists only occasionally remember.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Speaking of ol' Matty, do we think he's got powers in the new ultimate universe? Given the setup I'd say no, but didn't he get his powers from the accident that made him blind?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Lobok posted:

I picked it up on day 1 and the shop had the Tony Daniels variant going for $25. Probably even more scarce now so yeah, I guess so. Definitely an issue that's going to get reprints.

I grabbed the stegman one because I just couldn't pass up an adorable Parker family photo.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ultimate BP was pretty neat. My local shop only had enough issues for their pull lists so heads up, it'll likely be the same situation for x-men next month.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

I like the character and his adventures but I’m bored to death by Wakandan politics. Is it heavy on politics?

The first issue definitely was. There does seem to be a secondary plot involving two other marvel characters but not sure how heavy the politics will be going forward.

Of the three ultimate ongoing, this is probably the one I'm least interested in. But I'll give it a few issues to wow me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I'm getting severe fomo from these ultimate titles. My local shop is only getting (starting with ultimate BP) enough cover A's for their pull lists and maybe a couple variant covers for general sale. I had to call a few weeks ago specifically request a cover A for uxm.

Most of my comics are digital so it's not a big deal, but drat it's crazy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

X-O posted:

Henri Dugarry, he's actually French.

That confused me too, I thought for sure he was Jamie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah that ultimate x-men was everything I hoped for. Gorgeous art and a cool start. I'm curious if they have a plan to work towards a more typical x-men setting or if they'll keep it a smaller individual book for a while.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ultimate spidey is awesome. Just keeps me guessing on what's gonna happen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I mean, I'll read anything from anyone if it's entertaining or interesting. I've always heard high praise for Ellis as a writer. If he's a chud or something IRL, that don't mean too much to me. I got Marvel Unlimited, I'm not buying anything from him or giving him money.

Next wave is a must read imo, it's really fun.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The one bit of mandate business that always sticks with me is Peter putting on the black suit again for maybe six issues? After Civil War to tie in with the 3rd raimi movie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ultimate x-men went by in a flash, what a fun book so far. Really interested to see where this first arc is going to land.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ultimate black panther felt like 5 pages long, I need more!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Matt is a Lawyer and heavily believes in the Law. He views Daredeviling as a supplement to it.

I'm sorry, are you insinuating Matt Murdock and daredevil are the same person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is there an option on Amazon for the red band blood hunt? I'm not seeing anything.