Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zytdQBD0Ya8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Obama chuckled. "You mean...the vagina bombs? I'm going to assume you mean the vagina bombs. Because if that's what you're concerned about I've got one of them right here."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I'm on board with this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It doesn't matter what order you pick jobs in other than it's going to be several hours before you get to pick the second ones.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, I'm just a bit paranoid I'm gonna regret not having spells until I get the next set of party members.

Offensive spells aren't really going to make or break early game. More Curas is always nice when you get it, but both Archer and Red get that so that's an either/or. Archer gets innate attacks against flying stuff and all the swiftness though so that would probably be my pick.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

haveblue posted:

Why are there so many people with samus avatars all of a sudden?

It's fine.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Archer gets Cura. It's locked behind their cheapest Quickening license so you shouldn't have any problem grabbing the Cura license right around the time you can actually buy the spell.

Yeah, it manages to pair up with opening something on the Red board too (Vox, Poisona) so you shouldn't have to miss anything.

Edit: That said you literally can't get everything in the game anyways so

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Glasses are so cool Dan Ryckert destroyed his own vision just to get a pair.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I maintain Dolly had braces and I will fight everyone on this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfkQvOZ06vc

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Anyone who has to interact with the general public should practice saying "that's some interesting feedback, I'll take it into consideration" in a way that really means "gently caress you." It's good for your well-being!

https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1014302371805986816

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I remember goons found the soldier medal website before it launched and I got one I sold for like $400. Also I guess it was a video game or something but it didn't appear to be TFC so I assume it's bad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
My personal private twitter of thousands and thousands of followers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I feel worse for the guy who was fired if anything. But that's not as good as a story I guess.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is not much different from someone having a mildly unpleasant interaction with me at a bar and then using that to try and get me fired.

If someone at my job was telling people at a bar to go gently caress themselves in like, a company shirt yeah I could see them getting fired it if came back to them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

mutata posted:

So a bug in the system let people pull real player numbers from Steam's API. This shows the number of people who have ever launched all games that have achievements. This is the closest thing we'll probably ever have to a broad view of overall Steam sales numbers:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

There's a link to a csv file with the whole list. Go find your favorites and marvel at how little they've sold!

Edit: Link to the file: http://www.arstechnica.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/games_achievements_players_2018-07-01.csv

Tomb Raider
drat

Rise of the Tomb Raider
drat

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Jealous

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

wow look at that fall off

Looking at some other games and genres I think there's just a trend of 'people really really really loving love sales'. I think it's just the first has been cheaper, more often.

And the third's been on sale 0 times so really just the worst thing you can do.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Technically killing everyone means no one witnessed you. Galaxy brain stealth.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I figured he died from a sickness or heart attack or something since they were displaying him like that, but the article says he died from being shot in the head so uh, yikes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

if you use a key on the door to the right of town you can wake up a guy that'll pull your ghost to that spot from wherever you left it for a payment of one (1) rancid egg meaning you more or less always have a safe way of recovering your ghost

Plus the cost of having to live with yourself knowing you're a coward.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The guy from Memento playing Hollow Knight, never making it back to where he already made it to once before.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Actually Hollow Knight is a Guacamelee-like.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I heard the last third of Octopath turns into Bad Rats. It's literally just a port of Bad Rats. Don't let reviewers trick you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It takes Cold Steel 1 like 70 hours before it teaches you one of the combat mechanics. Shameful really.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is Kamiya not the founder of the company?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

not since weratedogs turned out to be racist

Wondered why they gave all the German Shepards such high scores.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Snooze Cruise posted:

That place is scary they are always talking about some french fry elf.

I would like to hear more about this 'french fry elf'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe the July 2018 Games Chat Thread Anime of the Month is Dirty Pair.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Justice rains from above

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

as someone with 2000+ hours in the arma series with the ACE mod this seems like it would cause more problems than it would solve

That's kinda those characters' deal

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

i'm now imagining the movie industry where Keanu Reeves is just in every movie like Steve Blum is in every game.

There's a non-zero chance this happens when it inevitably turns out he's the only Hollywood actor who isn't a sex pest.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

turns out keanu reeves is a sex pest too

drat down to just uh,...Tom Hanks?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Well at least until I hear otherwise I can still watch my favorite movie: Ghost Dad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Cristina Vee is like 6 different characters in Shantae as far as I'm aware. Like, in the same game.

And soundtrack vocals

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 13, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe Nintendo removed her titty bones.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Does Stardust Crusaders count, or not because it was video game baseball

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

final fantasy record keeper is good for my 15 minute bus rides to and from work and seems to poo poo free stuff at you constantly, but i will never ever complete the whale-tier challenges that they throw at you every week/month/year (as the god of microtransactions intended), so.

How many Arianas do you have?

Or is that one of their 12 other ones

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Okay I looked it up she's in Final Fantasy Brave Exvisiudos

Just out there singing songs about Dick Bicycles and being Final Fantasy characters. Livin' the dream. Or at the very least living my dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

I started as the hunter. So, uh, I can say with certainty that the game is designed to destroy ESL folks because it uses so many English dialects.

It's great you can go from middle English to cockney rhyming slang to Tressa's parents being from Fantasy Minnesota.

• Locked thread