Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wait why are they porting No Man's Sky to the xbone? Isn't that game extremely bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Did you play MGS3? That should sort of help.

But the real answer is because Hodeo Kojumbo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Still disappointed we didn't get Geno in smash

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Y'all need to get the new Humble Bundle

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Oh that's an actual title and I'm loving Owned

It is Extremely Good and I really enjoy it.

Also,

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm pretty sure their website gave my internet browser a venereal disease.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GW1 was such a good game, so was City of Heroes.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's that MMO that has actual combat

is it good

TERA is kind of this and is pretty fun but doesn't have much longevity, I got bored despite the combat system after a few hours of playing.

It's free to play though so you should give it a try, you may enjoy it. No idea how dead it is nowadays though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

chumbler posted:

Maybe mmos are just bad after all.

This is the thing that gets me, because they have so much potential to be good, but every developer that makes an MMO just goes with the laziest poo poo and it really sucks. Almost all of them are just Everquest/WoW clones with some extra bells and whistles, and while that can be great sometimes like FFXIV it's still such a narrow design space.

And then the few that do have new/interesting ideas get handled really badly and undermarketed and the devs gently caress everything up and they die. See: Planetside.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That was Wildstar, an extremely bad game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

MMOs can be fun in small doses IMO, but I've never really been able to get into MMO endgame treadmills, at least not since high school and that was a long time ago.

Like I'm probably going to jump back into WoW and gently caress around for a bit when the new expansion hits because leveling through expansion zones once or twice is generally pretty fun, as is running some dungeons with people. But I'll probably burn out after a month, maybe two if it's really really good, and that's fine by me.

The thing is it's entirely possible to make an MMO that doesn't have grindy treadmill endgame gameplay and doesn't play at all like WoW, but every idiot developer decides to make that a thing anyway. It sucks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Telltale Scooby Doo game would be extremely good imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Oh my god I never thought this would be possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ki4YBoI5s

I loving died at the first loading screen. Excellent stuff right here.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

As much as I like games with a stealth component I really hate situations where the game heavily punishes you for killing dudes while also having a whole bunch of interesting ways to kill dudes that you aren't allowed to ever use if you want to play the game well.

I'm looking at you MGSV

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It wasn't the letter ranking, it was the fact that you had to recruit fucktons of dudes for your base in order to progress a whole bunch of the unlockable stuff and also for some side missions. The nonlethal takedown options were also extremely tedious compared to the lethal ones.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

I think procgen is mainly garbage and a sign that you can't do good level design to me, so its usually an instant turn off to me. The only game I can think of where I didn't mind it was Shadow Warrior 2.

In most cases I agree. A game like Dead Cells (and most non-poo poo roguelikes, for that matter), though, where not knowing exactly what you're going into every time you die is part of the gameplay makes it work pretty well.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Not while you have a microwave that works

The difference between oven roasted food and microwaved food is huge, especially for anything that can dry out or get soggy in the microwave.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've finished Symphonia like five times and Abyss twice and gotten most of the way through Vesperia and played most of the others a bit.

ToS was such a great game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The one thing I really dislike about Tales games is how utterly opaque the stats and numbers are. Other than a vague idea that bigger numbers is more of the thing the numbers are for, their actual relevance to your combat stuff is hard to parse.

Of course, that's a thing for quite a lot of JRPGs, certainly not unique to that series.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

sorry i was just joking, but i believe in the inevitability that every celebrity you admire will disappoint you spectacularly

See in any other case I'd agree, but Keanu Reeves is a hundreds of years old immortal that has transcended such foolish mortal trappings as lust, and thus cannot be a sex pest.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Somebody making an audiosurf track out of this is loving amazing. :allears:

For those who aren't aware, this is the guy who voices the main character in Yugioh.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm really impressed with the makeup artists' ability to make him look so young in this movie.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

IMO the real home for JRPGs is handhelds, please put them all on one.

Pretty much yeah. Persona 5 for Switch when???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Those are all really great games. Have you played Zelda: Windwaker? If you liked Okami you will probably enjoy that a lot too, though the remake is better.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't this like a decade too late?

Also the price is kinda high. Carcassonne has a similar sort of setup but with more pieces and better art and is only 20 bucks. Same for lots of other games.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 18, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah but kickstarter isn't a preorder service and this is also a different game with multiple disclaimers that this is temp art and is not final so :shrug:

That's fair.

It's really odd but more power to em I guess. I loved homestar runner as a kid, I'm just automatically extremely wary of kickstarters in general.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm glad SA is passed the point where goons felt the need to pretend that Homestar Runner wasn't amazing

Who did this and where are they so we can wave torches and pitchforks around at them?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ceyton posted:

Yeah, it's pretty emblematic of the ongoing board game glut/bubble when an unremarkable-looking game based on a 10 year old internet meme gets such an enthusiastic response.

Don't people ever get tired of buying multiple new games every year that get played maybe once, then gather dust on a shelf forever? Maybe it's just me?

There is a place like five minutes from where I live that's a bar with shelves upon shelves of board games for patrons to use and a whole bunch of tables and the place is constantly packed. My dad has a huge collection and so do tons of people he knows, and they play them all the time. I do twice yearly 10 hour long TI4 games, etc.

Lots of people play board games a ton.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Play games for one hour a day, post about them at work for eight. The dream...

That's what I already do though

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Colonel posted:

why wouldn't you want a gf who can kick your rear end

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Housh posted:

I like playing Japanese games with amazing music

Hell, same.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't tell if the RWBY thing is super popular or if everyone just uses her in Blazblue because she's v strong

It's probably both. RWBY is insanely popular for its character designs despite the story and writing being a massive trainwreck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Imagine an america where 9/11 never happened.

I can't.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Torrent is definitely a verb, and also you're correct.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Question for the thread: who is the worst father in video games?

I'm putting my money on Heihachi.

Big Boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Now I think you guys are just trying to get me more frazzled.

The important thing to remember is that mechanics are almost always going to try to screw you out of your money. Making up fake problems to fix is the number one way to do that.

• Locked thread