Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello July Chat

I started playing ArmA 3 again. It’s still game of the generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Falling back into a Cities Skyline hole, maybe this time I will make a city that doesn't fall apart in on itself.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heartcatch posted:

I'm still not sure which DLCs are worthwhile for Cities Skylines, please help.

The main expansions apparently add some gameplay stuff that’s super useful for QoL, as far as I understand it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buglord posted:

hey guys remember The Crew 2?

this is about as bad as Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this ad is actually true for me. super robot wars all day erryday

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamn i love the playstation vita. a perfect system

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:whatfor:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bloodychill posted:

Yoshi has like a million brothers and sisters that are all different colors. There is no evil Yoshi because Yoshi is not inherently good but an amoral demon dinosaur hurling its own eggs at friend and foe alike.

Yoshi is disposable

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lenny... Lenny did not deserve this...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopper posted:

Moral dilemma. Battlefront 2 is in the 14.99 bargain bin now. Is this the point where picking it up for the SP campaign is worth it and ok, even though I hate the lootbox trashfire EA created?

Also PS4 or PC? Graphics are nicer on PC but on the offchance I want MP PS4 has the more stable community I guess...

No. It’s so bad. Horrible campaign that’s a Star Wars mad libs. Go replay Titanfall 2 or Syndicate 2012.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

you go to the twitch website and click on the crown at the top

i was with you until you said go to the twitch website

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo guys what is this https://store.steampowered.com/app/752960/Synther/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Well the good news is that KCB has decided to postpone the surgery after all once she found out just how shifty the credit card was.

I just wish it didn't take finding out that the credit card was shifty. I'm glad she's postponing it but her defense up until that point was just "I think we'll be fine" which doesn't really inspire confidence when it's in response to "we have lots of expenses coming up, several hundreds worth of expenses in bills and other things we've had planned out"

So things are fine for now, but I'm hoping next time we get to see our therapist that our therapist can help her understand my view some more because I was apparently doing a piss poor job of explaining myself because she kept going back to saying that she doesn't believe I understand the situation and that she thinks it will all be fine. On top of that is the fact that I've been having panic attacks and depressive moods pretty much every other day and that has been putting enough stress on her that she has been losing her patience with me and things are just rough.

Gonna play some picross to take my mind off of things. Picross is good for that. I'll play it til I fall asleep, it's good for knocking me out.

I’m glad things worked out this way and I think you did the right thing, FAK. I saw a psychiatrist and after like almost a decade of struggling I finally got a diagnosis for severe chronic depression and anxiety, some medication to deal with that, and my life has totally turned around, I’m feeling a lot more calm and not always so negative about myself and my lot in life. I hope you feel better too!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Still my favorite Bond theme and Bond film that I'll probably end up rewatching today.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I picked up a lot of weird games from this Steam sale. I hope everyone else had some neat finds!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought some weird poo poo this Steam sale, like I Am Alive which has a lot of neat ideas for a very early post-apocalyptic action/survival game even if they're not that well executed upon. I like all the gun pointing that can end in just walking away, at least.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well that's a weird one

never tweet, ever. it's a nazi website anyways

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress me I played Neverwinter Nights for the first time (Enhanced Edition) and drat I could see myself losing a lot of hours to that game, as someone who loved the OG Dungeon Siege game.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

tell me how you like the neverwinter city bgm, by veteran composer jeremy soule

I haven't gotten that far yet but I'll get back to you

al-azad posted:

Underdark is the best one but the original NWN is a pretty cool Diablo clone with hacked up 3e rules which means broken poo poo like multi-class paladin/sorcerer so you get that charisma bonus to saves and still have full casting. The traps scale so frustratingly high that you want to keep search maxed so you know what chests/areas to avoid.

poo poo well I plan to do all of them but thanks for the tip

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sad to admit I’m actually enjoying SAO: Fatal Bullet

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

Post your robot child.

I will never doxx my robot waifu slave to this cruel, unforgiving world of flesh

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had all these games I was gonna play but instead I just played Rimworld all day and my hot new colony is about to collapse because it's the dead of winter and everyone just got horribly wounded in an awful raid.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god I never thought this would be possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ki4YBoI5s

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I revisited very B-tier game Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 again, and uh, I like it more? It's no Metal Gear Solid but it's fun to sneak around with a big rifle and pick off dudes one at a time with the help of your little drone that beeps like a cellphone to lure guys into dark corners.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

i like the utterly bizarre mission where you go to a bar and bet on boxing and there's zero sniping or even stealth involved

What the gently caress this sounds rad as hell

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also tried playing the Thief reboot. It’s no Dishonored let me tell you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, gently caress. I’ve gotten obsessed with Rimworld these past few days, I can’t stop thinking about what I’m going to expand next on my colony or what ridiculous thing I should do next. I may just stick with it for a while, I feel like I won’t get sick of it for a long time.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Justice rains from above

as someone with 2000+ hours in the arma series with the ACE mod this seems like it would cause more problems than it would solve

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I’m gonna try to revisit Wasteland 2, now that there’s a bunch of mods and stuff for it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mak0rz posted:

How is wasteland 2? It seems to play exactly like Fallout 1 and 2 except without the excellent writing. Is that accurate?

It hasn't aged well, at all, visually. There's a sort of X-COMness to the combat that I was kinda missing and am enjoying. The writing so far is... okay, if not inspiring. You're a new ranger, there's a mystery around someone's death you gotta figure out, also there's dead robots strung about, and there's someone listening on on communications with the ranger base apparently, so there's a bit of a mystery that has it's hooks in me so far. Weirdly enough in one of the first firefights I hit a friendly in this town under siege by raiders and the rest of them in the immediate area started shooting at my squad, so I killed them, and nobody else in the town attacked me or even gave it any notice. Which was weird.

It's a solid... 6/10 game, I think?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hacknet is free on Steam right now and you should get it because it's a badass as hell hacking game.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey! Guess what's out today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcd2DDykOM

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopper posted:

I never look up voice actors, it breaks my immersion, for lack of better wording. I don't want real people in my imaginary worlds. I also never watch bloopers right after watching a movie, because it spoils the impact of the story. I am strange like that, but the kid inside me wants to believe all the fairytales.

Same for the most part. I rarely if ever watch behind the scenes stuff or panels or whatever. I'd rather keep my 4th wall up. Which is weird, because I'm on a first name basis with one of the leads in my favorite show, The Expanse, which just had an incredible 3rd season.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMF Freeway posted:

lol why does she keep taking roles that put her in exactly this situation. Besides ya know the obvious one

Michelle Rodriguez also had a similar sorta role in which she plays a dude hitman that gets nonconsensual gender reassignment surgery from evil Sigourney Weaver

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

How is stuff like this not discovered by the company when something breaks? Civ VI had the exact same thing happen.

Because Randy Pitchford was too busy doing magic shows in his basement.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2, 3, 5, Twin Snakes, 4 for me. All of them diamonds.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soldier of fortune 2?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started playing AntiStasi, which is a mod for ArmA3 where you lead a guerilla faction fighting NATO and CSAT on Tanoa or Altis, I've been futzing around in SP but it's super neat so far! It's fun to lead a dynamic insurgency where you're super outmanned and outgunned.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

surf rock posted:

I'm confused about the Bioshock Infinite DLC and would love help straightening it out.

it's bad and nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If you're keeping up with the Star Citizen thread, you're missing out

• Locked thread