Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Happy new financial year goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

subway is having a lot of trouble finding another slogan to replace EAT FRESH. it feels like every other month they're demoing something new and spending seven figures producing a commercial showing off their new, hip, fashionable, catch phrase that pairs easily with an appealing R&B beat.

i need to know how i can get in on this racket

I think the current one in Australia is "flavour that's worth crossing the road for" it's terrible

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Hello. My 10 month old decided to contract Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease the day my much needed vacation began and my life is hell. Thanks for listening.

My two and a half year old is crook as at the moment, I wish I were on holidays because she is not sleeping, and it's been nearly a week. I feel your pain :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, I always miss Bond chat

Thunderball is best Bond song

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I was busy all week with sick kiddy and other stuff so I had to take a break after the final big boss fight in Peace Walker, despite there still being stuff to do.

that stuff took five seconds, then credits :/

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also according to PW Otacon is only two years older than me, so I'm taking that as canon

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

why wouldn’t it be canon

I think his age shifts based on release dates of games

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Reminds me of that one Tumblr that was just reposting death threats a guy got from beating people at PVP.

Was it all games or just Dark Souls, because I found this one pretty funny at times http://darksoulshaters.tumblr.com/

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

haveblue posted:

Do robot dinosaurs count?

Grimlock says yes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Seriously, what a load. Just because it had cover mechanics did not make it MGS

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

As much as I like games with a stealth component I really hate situations where the game heavily punishes you for killing dudes while also having a whole bunch of interesting ways to kill dudes that you aren't allowed to ever use if you want to play the game well.

I'm looking at you MGSV

I learnt back in the Sonic Adventure days to not give a poo poo about the letter ranking at the end of a level/mission and just have fun. It's carried me in good stead through MGS Peace Walker and V

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

It wasn't the letter ranking, it was the fact that you had to recruit fucktons of dudes for your base in order to progress a whole bunch of the unlockable stuff and also for some side missions. The nonlethal takedown options were also extremely tedious compared to the lethal ones.

Ah, I got you.

But yeah, in Peace Walker at least you can use the intel team to look at the ranks of soldiers in a mission and if there's no S's or A's you bring the heavy artillery

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I've grown sick of trying to slog through Baldur's Gate 1 and Fallout 1 to get to the superior sequels so gently caress it FO2 time

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jarvisi posted:

Can't you literally just run to the endgame in fallout 1 immediately?

If you know what you're doing

I never know what I'm doing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I read the front page back in 2004/5 and eventually signed up when the sports forum was no longer free to view and I wanted to post in the wrestling threads

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GUI posted:

What was the deal with this? I recall some years ago people (mainly on the LP sub-forum I think?) killing their accounts over something regarding Lowtax.

If you're thinking of what I'm remembering after Schmorky was outed as being pretty hosed up Lowtax filmed his kid mocking him, wearing a diaper, that sort of thing. It was the kid's decision.

This lead to some LP folks (who may have been misinformed or simply going way over the top) of accusing Lowtax of child abuse for it and leaving the site when his response was "lol no"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nobody was shadowbanned FAK, there's no such thing on the forums. They would've been banned on SA for tweeting poo poo at Lowtax.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I swear they got banned in such a way that it didn't even show on their accounts that they were banned because radium is a bad programmer

Not sure about Psych but voidburger left rather than got banned, I think :shrug:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Not sure about Psych but voidburger left rather than got banned, I think :shrug:

Checking the Sagas thread there seems to be some confusion about it but who cares, let's get back to talking about games

The opening of Fallout 2 sucks, and I know this isn't a controversial opinion. What did make me laugh though was punching and kicking scorpions to death, dying, realising I had a spear I could use and finding that it was actually worse than just trying to fistfight bugs

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

What game has the worst introduction before finally letting you loose to do whatever you want?

Anything that starts with a sewer level or forced tutorial

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

that's not nolan north getting paid to have an internal monolog about boobs

say what now

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Please @ me :shobon:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pigbuster posted:

@ MysticalMachineGun

Ah heck, why not @everyone

@:hf:@

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy crap there's a Steam Workshop for the Mega Drive/Genesis classics app. Never thought I'd be modding games from 1993

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i do not like this bizarrely proportioned adult

Yeah, the SD style is cute until they add rockin' titties then everything gets a bit weird

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Phantasium posted:

i'm now imagining the movie industry where Keanu Reeves is just in every movie like Steve Blum is in every game.

We can only dream of this perfect world

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I looked up Octopath Traveller on psprices.com and uhhh...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Is danganronpa a ace attorney style adventure game or more of a VN?

This is based on the LPs but it looks sufficiently Ace Attorney to me. There's courtroom scenes and in between those are investigation scenes where you collect evidence/"truth bullets" that you use in court.

It's tone is a lot more over the top and outright mean though, if you enjoyed AA's somewhat more innocent and bumbling tone.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It must've been nice in those days. Make the first level insanely hard because you're still working with an arcade "gotta keep those coins coming in" mentality and then who cares about the ending? No one's going to see it anyway!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Am I getting confused or is there no such thing as Sonic Mania Plus on the PS4 store, there's just Sonic Mania and the Encore DLC?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I appreciate all of these PSX screenshots.

:hfive:

Is that Clock Tower al-azad?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyone played the extra content in Sonic Mania Plus yet? I know I'll probably buy it for myself anyway but wanted to see if anyone had glaring issues with it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

My friend said they managed to make the Metal Sonic boss even worse but I haven't tried it out myself.

I didn't think it could suck more

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A bit of a stretch? That thing has been stretched a mile

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

It was correct to criticize GOG and they were correct to apologize for it.

I'm down with this. The article didn't mention the exact date and only alluded to it's significance

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello my day was absolutely terrible because I'm a brokebrained moron, everyone please tell me how your day went because I want to hear about people who had good days today and people who aren't massively hosed up in the head. What's everybody up to, what're you all eating for dinner, how's the weather, etc

I had a decent start to my day since my two year old slept through the night and came into our bed at a reasonable hour. And on top of that, she gave me a big cuddle :3:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's the risk of gum recession? I have one canine where you can see the root but everything else seems fine

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

release every metal gear + metal gear solid on ps4 kojima you coward

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good luck Colonel :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Prey's pretty great so far you guys. I'm early on so I feel weak as a kitten, which really helps build the tension when a mimic or phantom is about.

Did die once due to a physics gently caress up though :/

• Locked thread