Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

obstipator posted:

im pretty sure the people wishing death and violence upon other people shohld be the ones not allowed to post

musk isn't people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
atomicthumbs is getting rich and famous off this thread while poor PK starves in the streets. it aint right

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lmao. extremely albertan. on one hand, extremely into cars. on the other, pathologically obsessed with destroying the environment at all costs. what to do what to do

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
how long till a model 3 class action lmao. that’s a lot of lemons

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
<thundering nerd voice> YOU KNOW NOT THE HUNDREDTH OF WHAT I DO... mother

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this guy definitely does not gently caress

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol that thing drives like poo poo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I can't wait for the year 2500 when 10 million Teslas have been deployed

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
can't get hurt on the job if you don't have a job

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
also briefly looking at some stats it looks like Germany has a much higher percentage of people working industrial jobs vs. service compared to the US. maybe that's why it's so dangerous

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
how long does it take to get a new battery on backorder

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
that render is making me claustrophobic

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

mr. towed's wild ride

lmao

it makes me so anxious to watch how late autopilot makes turns

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

Aborted lane changes where it yanks you back into your original lanes abruptly for no good reason, phantom braking which has almost led to being rear ended a couple of times, no knowing when adjoining freeways are merging or not leading to tracking a car next to me when the lane ahead is clear or happily accelerating really fast when a car is about to merge.

love the car, but wish it wouldn't try to kill me so often...

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

all the institutional investors are dumping tesla

https://twitter.com/GrainSurgeon/status/1117827453089669122

this is good for tesla, of course

get a load of these shorts

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

why does anyone give this poo poo the time of day

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
that is Lyle Lanley level grift

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lol i missed this

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmao. this poo poo should be massively illegal but nobody gives a gently caress about cars killing people

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

remember, if the human takes control at the last second and still crashes, that means it's not autopilot's fault

Correct me if I'm wrong: Autopilot was not on when the car crashed. You took over the steering when it went on the right shoulder. After that you over corrected and hit the hill on the left.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

Tesla revealed earlier this month that it delivered about 63,000 vehicles to customers in the first three months of 2019 — a 31% drop compared to the prior quarter, and the single largest decline Tesla has ever reported.

Lmao elong said they were going to deliver 400k cars this year.

quote:

An analyst on Wednesday's earnings call referred to quarterly reports as a "distraction" that pulls people's attention away from Tesla's leadership and dominance in the electric car market.

Musk laughed and said, obviously, he would "prefer we were private."

maybe they could perhaps secure some funding to take the company private

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

no, he said make 400k cars. just gotta find a lot of empty parking lots to put em in while they wait for fsd to be ready so they can start printing money

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1098080063801585664

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
imagine elon without the plugs in every picture of him. the elon we see today is a lie

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MomJeans420 posted:

Tesla stock below 240, at a new 52-week low. Does anyone know how low it has to get before Elon gets a margin call?

at this rate he's never taking it private... he had funding secured and everything

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

A federal judge in Los Angeles on Friday denied the Tesla chief executive officer's request to dismiss Vernon Unsworth's defamation complaint. The judge said a written ruling explaining his order will come later.

oops

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I’m not reading all of that but I will assume that the conclusion is that private car ownership should be banned

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
combat theory what are your thoughts on banning private car ownership

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lancemantis posted:

i feel like musk has gotten into it before, granted he's a moron that likes to make poo poo up, but I wonder how much of it is AI vs a more traditional approach

like the vision stuff is obviously being handled from an AI direction, but I wonder how much the overall driving decisions are

what's the difference?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
reading about Tesla's latest fundraising:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcol...s/#64fe91a7222c

they have basically kicked the can down the road and raised effectively zero capital. pretty much all the money they raised will need to go towards paying off their previous convertible bonds.

not only that but the article suggests that Tesla has been purposely depressing capital spending in order to maintain cashflow lol.

all this for a company that has admitted it can't do gently caress all without massive capital expenditures.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

What was the share price they issued those new shares at lol

E:

lmaoooooooo

reminder that the $2.7 billion they raised basically only paid off existing debt lol. did musk end up buying a bunch of that new equity like he said he was going to, and whose money did he use for it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
epic

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

also they raised prices today

lol Moody's said they need to lower prices significantly in order to stay in business.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

necrotic posted:

He trusts the software more than anything. That's all to had to hear

yeah i checked out after that lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol the model 3 has a special track mode that tells the battery to kill itself to impress bazingas. it's still poo poo on a track otherwise

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol the thread later devolves into everyone bitching about how they can't get new breakpads from Tesla

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
imagine letting Tesla anywhere near your roof

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's really fun looking at articles from before Elon's most recent capital adventures:

quote:

With Tesla’s unsecured debt at 85 cents on the dollar and yielding north of 8 percent, borrowing money from the bond market would be too onerous, according to Joel Levington, an analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence. In the first quarter, the company reported free cash flow of negative $920 million.

“They shouldn’t be issuing high coupon debt because don’t have cash in first place to pay it off,” he says. “That’s not mathematically sound or prudent.”

Levington says Tesla is likely to sell more stock, take out a secured term loan or borrow money from a bank. While issuing equity could dilute per-share earnings for existing holders, a $2 billion infusion would help put Tesla’s liquidity fears to rest, and could ultimately support the stock price.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

listen man you accepted the EULA

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
they should make the fob a narwhal how frickin epic would that be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MomJeans420 posted:

Looks like Tesla is going to be fine after all, their new 30-something CFO will personally review every expense, and no less than Musk himself will review every 10th page of outgoing payments. When I think growth company, I definitely picture the CEO reviewing expense reports of $50 meals.

what happened to all that money they just raised