Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FrozenVent posted:

Wednesday Wipe

Wednesday Wipeout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Solaris 2.0 posted:

It's amazing how you can make so much money off of white fragility. Can't wait to see what white people do when all of Bangladesh is underwater from climate change and 163 million brown people look for a new home!

They’ll do the same thing they did in the 1600s; just more deliberately, and with more smallpox. And there will be no hero’s left alive to stop them :decorum:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Fallom posted:

This is also the same judge that pressed the prosecution hard on why Manafort ought to be in jail pre-trial and had everybody wondering if he was a Trump plant. Seems like he’s just trying to make sure the prosecution’s argument is iron tight.

Something we’ve learned in the past few years is jurys don’t really care about air tight legal arguements. If the judge is making them jump through this so that the case is airtight, he’s doing it so that when the jury declares him innocent he can wash his hands of it

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 1, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The Daily did a short piece on QAnon this morning. And while most of us probably already had a better idea due to osmosis they did fine at explaining in a short time. And they briefly covered how they’re dangerous and dumb

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If you had evidence of state level crimes and charged against those without needing Manaforts self testimony then the federal level pardon shouldn't matter. But the 'never been tested' and 'system is designed with good faith' issues are still there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Relentlessboredomm posted:

We've got a mobile guillotine in PDX. The west coast really is a hub of innovation

https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1025846288603127808

Non functional. Shame on his family.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Holy poo poo frieza is involved we're hosed

It is in fact the retarded alternate universe Frieza. Which is ideal as we're in the retarded timeline ourselves

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

joat mon posted:

Intent in the law works a bit differently. One has to do an action that is illegal in order to break the law. Thinking, wanting, hoping, going over in your mind, about a crime isn't illegal.

[...]

Wanting something illegal isn't illegal.

**unless it’s considered terrorism

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Soulex posted:

Bangladesh js loving wild right now.

It’s still going, possibly escalating. Hard to tell since there’s not much good reporting yet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

That Works posted:

Any links / sources? Only really hearing about people talking about it 2nd hand here and in another thread or two.

lol

Mostly for me its been a huge amount of Facebook shares and retweets by Bangladeshi's who I go to college with.

Edit; and this is more evidence that spreading civilian radio clubs, HAM/CB gear, and SDR's are a huge net good. The information blackout is intense right now.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 6, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Someone I went to school with had twins. That’ll be a million bucks.

I'm the 420,722.69, the best 420.69 there has been yet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

A Bad Poster posted:

I wager somewhere between $2 gorillion and $Texas.

My sister, also a premie, cost $3.2M if you adjust for inflation. My parents had to pay $200,000 out of pocket, even with both of them being well insured.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

KirbyKhan posted:

Maker chick in this instance is realSexyCyborg. I follow her on twitter because tig ol bitties. It was a thing because Vice kept on pushing for personal information that would get her legit jailed in Shenzen. Cyborg lashed out of fear and Vice didnt give a gently caress. Sexy Cyborg printed the doxxing info on her LED hooker boots and I thought that was cool.

Seconding the tig ol bitties and also seconding that even thought she was maybe justified she's still a psycho.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Whatever the next generation of federal flood insurance is, it should be a buyout and demolition of these places to turn them into national park wetlands.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Eej posted:

There was a great thread a couple days ago that I can't find anymore cause Twitter search sucks but it was about how Polynesian migration success varied greatly based on what kind of islands they ended up on. On the low islands with minimal freshwater and arable land they could barely survive even though they could walk around and breathe the air and catch fish from the ocean as compared to a space colony.

Also there are massive nickel deposits in Australia that haven't been touched because they're too difficult to reach and thus uneconomical. Space mining is obviously magnitudes more expensive and harder to do.

Basically at this point in time putting people in space is stupid and we should take that money, look at the stars with robots and spend the rest on not turning the only habitual rock in the known galaxy into a thermal shithole

The key financial factor that I’ve seen deliberately avoided in every comparison about this is the ecological cost. In space you could do things eqivelent to strip mining and dumping coal ash in the rivers. Your only concern need be loose debris and dust being flung away from the local area. While you still need large machines for things like crushing and grinding but your equipment overhead for motion in the local area drops to almost nothing.

It’s also a matter of scale. You take an average asteroid and you can reinvest 90% of it’s metals into resource extraction infrastructure and the remaining 10% is enough for a Oneil cylinder or two

So yes in the big picture if your only measure is monetary sale value on earth it’s a wash. May as well just slowly deplete terrestrial deposits. But if your goal in anyway involves doing other stuff in space than you win out by doing bulk material processing in space.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

She's rad and I wanna give her a high five

You can give her :10bux:

The only state level progressive candidate in a primary is Jahana Hayes, but there might be some DSA people at your local level.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Big K of Justice posted:

Should be interesting to watch.

However... it's important to note that West Hollywood is *NOT* Hollywood. That'll be like Denver having a vote on whatever or not someone should or should not have a star on the walk of fame would carry as much weight.

West Hollywood is the cool Hollywood. North Hollywood is also cool

EBB posted:

If we end up with a no-poo poo moon base out of this administration I will be very conflicted.

In fact: if we end up with a moon base by 2024, I will no poo poo eat the MAGA hat one of you sent me for Christmas. No Abe cop outs with a fruit hat, I will eat the made-in-China cloth MAGA hat. :toxx:

We should probably let you eat it one piece at a time over the course of the year so you don't need GI tract surgery thanks to TRMUP

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah its better than nothing. But imagine if we replaced sacrificing your body to TBI and torn ligaments with a national education system thats fair to the impoverished. Makes you think :hmmyes:

Also my school pours a ton of money into football and basketball and basketball may actually break even but lol gently caress your taxpayer dollars

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
We live in a hell world where it’s cheeper to give your kid an extreme gaming PC than it is for hockey or football equipment. All hail Esports, the peoples sport

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

That Works posted:

Yeah that's fair. Also I'm in STEM but will be the first to argue that college should be well more than a tech training campus.

As a STEM major my college continues to be useless as a tech training camp

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Excellent sign. Guillotines also acceptable.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

MRC48B posted:

They are a societal cancer. They may go into remission, but are never truly gone.

Very true. But thoughts aren't a cancer and can be dealt with. eg:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Defenestrategy posted:

:colbert: Factually incorrect sign you mean. You can Bash the Fash with a board with a nail in it, a bat with barbwire around it, a brick in a sock, etc, etc.

look at this guy who is ideologically impure....

traitor to the movement...

no true liberal...

:suicide:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

EBB posted:

No no he's a former Marine, it stands for Scout Sniper we swear!

I once had to convince a dude not to get an SS tattoo. He was an idiot and wanted it for his submarine warfare qualification (which in the navy is important enough that it gets tacked onto your rate as in MMA3(SS) Dumbfuck). He did not comprehend the Nazi angle at all, but we eventually got him to just save the money for a proper dolphin tattoo like the other diggit idiots.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Trump needs to make with the nuclear powered flying aircraft carriers already. Might as well get cool poo poo out of idiots throwing money around.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Previously 'waterfront' homes in florida will be lifted onto stilts/pylons by their wealthy occupants and the land value will still be higher than the middle of the country so people wont leave. Every time a hurricane comes through the houses get ripped off and thrown into their neighbors, but the concrete pylons will remain and insurance will rebuild.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

shame on an IGA posted:

I still maintain the techlord elites will kill the vast majority of us with engineered bioweapons and then manifest destiny whatever's left of the earth. If the history of the americas teaches us anything it's that genocide works if attempted on a large enough scale.

All those genetic testing services are just setting up a database for FOXDIE deployment.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Handsome Ralph posted:

Nah, it's fine for the most part. But if it gets any louder, then maybe clamp down, idk.

sixers are fine candy for when everybody gets a little too rowdy. :justpost:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
e; somehow an edit became a double post idfk

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 16, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

That Works posted:

This is every infectious disease ever that does not kill small rich white american children btw.

ftfy for 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The CIA doesn't have people capable of making field grade modules. The NSA has people but is so stingy they sit on the good stuff for six months without 'risking' using it before it becomes obsolete anyway. Its a dumb situation which is so dumb that dumb ideas like CYBERCOM are somehow less dumb than known dumb ideas like Space Force.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-make-arrest-46-people-overdose-connecticut-park/story?id=57195273

Total's up to 70-something overdosed on spice/k2. No one died, but what the gently caress, just legalize weed already.

The key here is :lol: Connecticut. Its the Florida of the north.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In comparison to everybody else’s experience I could probably write a feel-good slice of life comedy about he healthy relationships of our submarine’s social network of mostly bartenders, strippers, and restaurant employees. MWR boat rentals and beach drinking is the byline, not being weird is how you turn it into a friendship.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nice and hot piss posted:

and Harry's Resturant in Manhattan Kansas.

I’ve actually eaten there. Was just grabbing dinner and drinks with a friend at fort Riley while driving cross country. Didn’t realize it was supposed to be that good, but it was pretty good in hindsight.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BigDave posted:

We get it, the waitress have big tits. Why is this the entire theme of a restaurant.

The reason is boobs obviously?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Was expecting it to morph more into direct 1984 quotes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Tryzzub posted:

my former lawyer and campaign manager guilty on the same day. mood:
https://youtu.be/gH476CxJxfg

I'm the 4:3 aspect ratio

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
This is just the first hit, to get you addicted to the mattering. Next will come the withdrawals. In time you'll be giving Collusions out for $20 behind the motel just to get a tiny hit of the mattering. Then one day in months or years... bam! perp walks and guilty pleas galore and you'll OD on mattering.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

EBB posted:

:siren:Free fire poo poo posting to the end of page 66 in celebration, no :nws: :siren:

He gazed up at the enormous TRUMP. Two years it had taken him to learn what kind of 11th dimensional mind was hidden beneath the tousled blonde hair. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two piss-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big daddy TRUMP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I mean the president does it all day everyday on Twitter, we're just being Presidential

I'd hire you all to be my presidential totally not crimes its a witchhunt dream team :allears:

• Locked thread