Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

dialhforhero posted:

Perhaps it wouldn't be cost efficient nor work at all because they would kill themselves, but imagine 2000 battleships just lighting smartbombs continuously all over the structure.

A keepstar model size would surely be big enough to space out so that you don't smartbomb your freinds to death. Keeping the defenders from killing you would be the challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Malefitz posted:

What is the Fire Coalition? New name for the bad guys again?

FI.REis the russians living in Insmother/wickercreek etc.
Final Reunion Coalition - FI.RE Coalition

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

All the propaganda for this war has already been done, just throw a another test logo on their call it a day. I’m phone posting or I would.

Not a great effort, but an effort was made none the less

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Jazzzzz posted:

That stupid email everyone got this morning with the Triglav logo just links to CCP's twitch where they're showing a camera orbiting around an offline stargate in Providence. Uh... great?

I'm pretty sure the gates are shutting down (no light cloud thing in the middle anymore) before coming back on 15 - 20 minutes later.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

MaxPowers posted:

Holy poo poo that is a lot of words that I am not going to read. TLDR it for me ty

tl;dr: PAPI is winning because of their numbers, Elo is carrying goons, Goons are running out of isk because their shitstack SRP have been lowered (not doctrine SRP btw), After 5 month they are finally in delve doing massive fight as promised ! The boson trap was stupid and a total failure but it was well plan thanks to elo. Goons narrative is poo poo and goons are stupid they don't mind about tidi while PAPI are constantly talking about it.

That's what I get from it anyway

edit - outsider from the war looking in

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 22, 2020

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Kungfu Trader posted:

Come on in, it is a good time, feels like the eve of old.

it crashes a lot and everyone hates us?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Loden Taylor posted:

Since we're well and truly into the hellwar stage, I figured it'd be a good time for an old school video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TBOjDcBlc

ChickenWing posted:

Hi we didn't collectively pay enough attention to this and that is tragic because it is excellent

I admit, I watched it twice, thought about posting about how good it was and then got distracted. Very nice camera/editing work

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Dalael posted:

if i recall a locked ship can't tether right?

Locked can tether yeah.

If you point it / Scram it it can't tether (unless it's stabbed. Essentially if it can warp it will tether)

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

Alright. Where do I set my drone settings?

in space your drone window has a drop down (top left I think).
Drones set to aggressive will allow them to auto shoot something that shoots you first

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

Ah, thanks. I was already on Aggressive but didn't have Focus Fire. What does the latter do?

I'm sure that makes them follow what you're shooting with your weapons automatically.
It's been many moons since I changed those settings though

edit

Sickening posted:

It makes sure your drones attack together instead of sometimes attacking different things.

Actually, maybe what he said :)

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

LegionAreI posted:

There's a lot of other FC's who might get annoyed or mad but they'll explain what to do next time. Did an Ares fleet last night and tunnel visioned on a hacker like a moron (with a few other people) when a bunch of other ships landed on grid. Got well-deserved poo poo for it, got told that a 20 mil hacker is not worth suiciding interceptors on, got told to reship, everything is good, just don't do it again.

He was a good FC, helped me get better at interceptors, and I totally forgot his name now.
Hell even in that ill-fated highsec fleet the logi learned to bring whore drones :v:

People are dumb, they make mistakes in ships they haven't flown much (or even if they've flown them a lot) but raging out isn't helpful, honestly. We've got a lot of retvets coming back who may not have done a lot of these mechanics. poo poo happens. We don't get people trying new roles that we need (logi, dictors, interceptors) if everything time they gently caress up they get raged at.

See, I swear at my corp when I run fleets when they gently caress up at the time.
After we're done and on our way home or even docked back up we go over what could be done better to prevent it happening again. (Doesn't always work mind you)
They know that I am very much in the zone and being Scottish swear at them a lot but also know that it's out of wanting them to come out on top.

I remember doing a lot of John fleets when I was in SV, and gotta say I don't really miss them. Being able to make a fleet of 70 nerds all feel bad about themselves is a skill

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

Because PAPI members like logging in and having instant fun content. PAPIs FCs don't ragefuck their respective comms or alliances (yet)

have you been in a PGL fleet?

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 26, 2020

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Otacon posted:

Can't even let me post my own meme, is this something we can address in Space Court after the Madcows case is heard?

I wanted to put a Vendetta in but I couldn't find a transparent one on google so welp

For your future endevours

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

LegionAreI posted:

I just love the responses to that reddit post.

"Our strategy is to jam systems slowly and methodically so we can kill keepstars without escalation."

"Well, we just killed an ihub that was close to letting you do that, have fun waiting another month."

"ITS NOT IMPORTANT, HA HA GOONS CROWING ABOUT IHUBS, YOU ARE DUMB."

The reddit narrative changes as quickly as test change their goals for the war. You can't expect everyone to keep up with what is and isn't important at all times

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Some Goon posted:

Follow-up question, how hard is it to hide for 15 minutes in Eve?

Depends... what are you hiding from ?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

TESTs homelands is Delve now

Test wishes. You can't move into a house when the current owners haven't moved out yet.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

evilweasel posted:

it is also in the shape of a dick and balls with a faction fortizar condom

Wait! Is it?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

Imperium has done nothing to stop the slow march of TAPI into Delve since we dropped a Keepstar. Feeding 1T in ships was the best thing I have seen in this game, props for it, but since then Imperium has just sat back.

TAPI can drop caps on industrial structures and Imp do nothing.
TAPI can cap ihubs and Imp just turn up with a 150 ceptor fleet.

THE SLOW METHODICAL MARCH CONTINUES.

p.s. Shane where are you

But you're forgetting that Papi won't drop it's supers on a keepstar without an inhib. And without an Ihub you can't have an inhib. But if you're going to kick goons out and destroy their structures without an Ihub so you can inhib then why is it taking so god drat long?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

TAPI can drop caps on industrial structures and Imp do nothing.
TAPI can cap ihubs and Imp just turn up with a 150 ceptor fleet.

p.s. Shane where are you

DGC773 posted:

We are here for the good fights. Once this ends we will go home and TEST will still remain neutral. If Imperium decide to move to NPC Delve or Aridia and push TESTs poo poo in then great, that is between you two.

So, why are you in Delve? You admit there are no good fights as "Imp do nothing", yet you "are here for the good fights".

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

orange juche posted:

DGC tryin to sell us crackpot theories about slow and methodical progress, colorized

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

remember, they tried to backslide into goons at the start of the war, got told to rightfully get hosed for not even passing the low bar for entry and has now been doing this.... whatever... ever since

this took more effort than I'm willing to admit, but something like this?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

Needs a bit more effort and background music then it will be perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Xarn posted:

I would expect the launcher not to die if checking driver support fails :v:

This is eve. You expect too much

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

BR OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

This gave me a good giggle. As though it was going to stump the entire thread and all of a sudden countless goons would realise their defeat.... because there was no BR

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

Local trash talk is just people LARPING and roleplaying

I thought that's what you were doing?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I assume that Paspi are holding the update from the 84th best corp in GSF as a win?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Numismancer posted:

if we're going all sun tzu vily and piggles hosed it up from day one by removing the ~golden bridge of retreat~ which is why we're posted up and fighting like absolute maniacs and they're all surprised about it

dumbasses

When DGC reads this

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

If you're just joining us, here's a fair and unbiased INN article from our battlefield reporter Moonin Amatin that gives a high-level overview of WWB and its actors.

https://imperium.news/glory-gold-and-goalposts/

that's a pretty good read, especially since I've not taken an interest in null politics all too much in over a year.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Do people still buy characters?

yeah, the character Bazzar on the forums is still pretty active last I checked

edit - https://forums.eveonline.com/t/welcome-to-the-character-bazaar/71

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 27, 2020

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Dalael posted:

I am 100% convinced their goal is to get ppl to say "gently caress it I'll buy a plex"

you might not be wrong with that to be honest. Do you think the loss of people who leave versus the amount of people who say "gently caress it I'll plex" make their decisions worth it in the long run?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Severing posted:

Someone mentioned recently that it's like boiling a frog. In this case, the frog has lots of people he's known for years in the water so he's pretty reluctant to leave it. By gradually introducing these "updates" they're gambling enough frogs will slowly slip into paying for more Plex over time that they'll be able to make bank without all the frogs loving off to better video games instead.

that analogy is the best thing I've read today, and feels pretty spot on to the recent changes that CCP have thrown out in the last 2 years

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

ZombieLenin posted:

It’s pretty clear Hilmar is the Icelandic version of Trump and has no loving clue what he’s doing.

Sorry couldn't resist

ZombieLenin posted:

Not sure having the ability to buy skill points directly from CCP makes much difference in someone’s desire to actually play the game.

I don't care that people can buy skill points, it was actually really handy for me when I came back to the game after nuking my character and giving it all to an old corp member back when extractors were introduced.
I think it's more the issue surrounding "meh, I'll just buy a plex instead of ratting", and after the ore changes "I'll just plex instead of mining". Both will reduce people in space, PVE and small gang PVP (no one to hunt so why bother).
Which leaves the big blocks going at each other until the stores run out, because no ones out making more cause it's easier to plex. I just don't think they thought about it and just went "this sounds like a good idea"

But, then again, I'm just 1 person looking at this from my perspective and could be horribly wrong

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

lovely tuna snatch posted:

I logged on, warped with fleet to killzone, got on a total of 3 killmails out of about a hundred, and then docked back up. Need a new PC, it was impossible to hit anything before it already died.

Give them hell.

Hell has been given. They ran

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Stereotype posted:

also apparently ihub hacks ARE affected by tidi, so that means hacking the 1dq1 ihub will take 10 hours

This was my favorite thing to see when they worked it out and decided "nah we'll take out the jammer" before also deciding "nah" :)

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Tekopo posted:

Starting to fall in love with the Hecate: so far I've managed to take out (solo) two Gilas, a VNI and a Myrm (although I lost my Hecate against that myrm). It's such a mean little ship and being able to use combat probes with it really makes it the perfect little roaming ship, although having to repair my hull at NPC stations is a bit annoying. Still, a lovely ship.

could you not carry a mobile depot and just refit a hull repper and rep up the hull in space?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

drone boats are also really weak to smartbombs. Losing all your dps to a good smartbomb wave renders you useless

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

RFC2324 posted:

They used long rang sentries and had spares, but I always felt like they were way to weak to bombing runs, even tho the ship itself ignored them

I think drone boats are great in small doses. But use them too much and the enemy would start to fit to kill off the drone ball rather than the fleet. Bring the damage down just enough to be managable by logi and hope it's not noticed.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Also expecting goons to remember to scoop their drones so you don't leave your DPS on the field when you warp off.

or expecting FC's to tell you to pull your drones with more than 2 seconds before they warp you off ;)

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

He claims it's a pvp rorq... but still has excavators in the drone bay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Ajaxify posted:

This is one of those things that falls into the category of things that should have been fixed a long loving time ago. Same with warning before warping off without drones or the showing the range of a cyno beacon.

if you have the tactical overview on and hover over the cyno it shows a red area for the range