Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bell jar posted:

in a concilliatory gesture i have added this to the op

Your OP is very good. I support you as the OP starter of the September thread. :pats you on the back:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Goons with a longer memory than mine: I want to contribute to the fattest politician thread but the fattest one I can think of is Russ Hinze and I'm sure there's another Fitzgerald Inquiry superstar who was fatter and had a horrible nose to boot. Anyone remember who it was?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Just another great night out with the fellas.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Maybe it is Russ Hinze I'm thinking of after all. Couldn't quite tell how fat he was in the pic I provided. I mean, he looks fat, but not as fat as in the You Am I pic.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

NTRabbit posted:

Mal Colston was a big fat fucker

Oh what a horrible fucker he was I'm getting tremors

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So with that French au pair - she was previously 'counselled' by immigration for working while on a tourist visa, then tells immigration again that she's working while on a tourist visa. Do you have to be loving stupid to be an au pair?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Konomex posted:

I've taught on the subject to a degree, I'm not super familiar with NSW's coastline, but generally marine species use areas close to shore to lay their eggs. There's not a large amount of research around recreational fishing, but the amount of it continues to increase, due in part to increasing populations and the increasing popularity of the "sport". There's several Australian Universities, and the CSIRO, who are starting to look into the impacts of recreational fishing, but for someone to cry 'it's not us, it's the trawlers that do all the damage' is an idiots cry, there is not enough data out there.

Basically, yeah, recreational fishing can damage the biodiversity, and we need to protect certain areas wholesale, what we would call nursery areas. Looking at the map I wouldn't call it an overreach. A secondary concern, listed in the documentation, is rehabilitating the habitats damaged, in part, by recreational fishers.

If he was a real fisher, he'd want to protect fish stocks so people can keep fishing forever.

Also, anecdotally, the dopey fuckers can't stop dumping their fishing lines all over the place which kills wildlife so gently caress 'em. They had their chance.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

BBJoey posted:

Enjoying this spat between two horrible and incredibly stupid people but it would have been nice if Quaedvlieg would have checked his timelines before publicly calling out Dutton

According to my in-depth, thorough research (I looked up his wiki article), he was head at the time it was just called Border Protection instead of Border Force.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

He looks like an Alex Kidd boss.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-07/goat-theft-substantial-hit-to-farmers-in-drought/10214816

quote:

Imagine you're a farmer struggling through this unrelenting drought, and a herd of wild goats wanders onto your land.

By law, you're allowed to harvest them and sell them to make a profit. It could even earn you enough to pay your kids' school fees for another year.

It's enough to allow you to take a breath in these unforgiving, dry conditions across the entire eastern seaboard of Australia.

So imagine, then, the heartbreak when someone steals that herd of goats from your property and makes $40,000 profit for themselves — illegally.

Well, you know what they say - easy come, easy goat.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
What's the Indy candidate like - votes 95% with the Liberals but disagrees on water allocations or something?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
What about Howard a cricket matches? I hear he's an adept bowler.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

the father and daughter killed their wife??

gently caress, I can get a great burn on bowmore here... I KNOW I can... but what is it?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I might read that article. Being a professional victim himself, his opinion will be an expert one.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Whitlam posted:

That dipshit who vandalised Eurydice Dixon's memorial has been ordered to pay $20,000, serve an 18 month community corrections order, and perform 200 hours of community service, and had a conviction recorded. Good.

Hopefully he's on dunny duty and not something cool like gardening.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hiddenmovement posted:

The girl who beat her was an asian with dark hair, I think the white lady in the ponytail is on the wrong court

A fairly dark-skinned Asian at that.

https://twitter.com/uppittynegress/status/1039103597391306752

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

froglet posted:

Surprised more people haven't gone nuts with the highschool french.

Remue-ménage à trois (commotion of three)

Copinage à trois (cronyism of three)

Parrainage à trois (sponsorship of three)

Etc.

Ma Francais est tres mal.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

You Am I posted:

The editor of the Herald Sun (dunno his name, maybe Whitey McRacistface) has laughed off the complaints about Knight's cartoon, saying he'll reprint it in tomorrow's Hun.

TURMP

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

The Peccadillo posted:

I think we had to do the Our Father sitting in the quad every morning, except for Easter or something when we all got given these bright yellow plastic rosary beads and had to do a section of the rosary, but they phased morning prayer out by the time I got to like year four

The national anthem sucks insanely bad and it should very much be Waltzing Matilda instead

LOL get wrecked, this should be the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

LOL get wrecked, this should be the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

No you loving idiot it should be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeL87l3prM

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Bit of a long-shot question here, but I'm getting a little desperate. Can anyone link to a poll by a news agency that's online that uses a leading question? Or even just one of those lovely news.com polls they do that are pointless because of self-selection bias? Finding news.com hard to navigate which doesn't bode well for my digital communication course.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-15/fatman-scoop-slip-up-will-see-crackdown-on-parliamentary-footage/10249864

quote:

"Broadcast material may not be digitally manipulated for rebroadcast," Serjeant-at-Arms James Catchpole told the ABC.

"The Prime Minister's Office has been reminded of the terms of the media rules.

"The Serjeant-at-Arms' Office will remind other Members and their staff of the provisions of the rules in due course."

Look at this idiot - Catchpole had to have gone to Uni, yet he can't spell 'sergeant'. Sheesh.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If Labor get in power and they spend the entirety of the next three years blaming everything on the coalition, I'm going to guillotine 'em myself.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm really sorry everyone, I tried my best but I've just had setback after setback and all the meds, psych appointments and psychology appts just aren't having an effect. You've all been great and I really love you but I'm going to listen to the latest episode of Helen Razer's Knackers and Vadge. Please don't try to track me down - you can't stop me.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

I'm really sorry everyone, I tried my best but I've just had setback after setback and all the meds, psych appointments and psychology appts just aren't having an effect. You've all been great and I really love you but I'm going to listen to the latest episode of Helen Razer's Knackers and Vadge. Please don't try to track me down - you can't stop me.

Ahhh, she's self-loathing... I can feel the sweet darkness closing in...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
"Uh, I don't think we can publish this cartoon of Serena with a bone through her nose cooking cartoonists wearing colonial gear in a giant cauldron. It's not going to play well."
"Ugh, mind telling me what I CAN draw?"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hooman posted:

Cartoonist: Stop calling my caricatures racist.
Public: Then stop drawing racist caricatures.
Cartoonist: No.
JBP: Actually a black person said the caricature wasn't racist so it can't be racist.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
JBP: Unless you can draw me a not-racist cartoon RIGHT NOW to use as a template for ALL cartoons you can't call anything racist. Also, I seem to carry water for racist people like governments who lock up refugees a lot - why is that?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Which government do I like? I'm not sure what you're talking about. It seems like you are making things up.

You said Labor can't change it's policy on refugees because it doesn't poll well. So there's two arguments I think of when I see your username: Reffoes have to be locked up on hell island, and Knight's cartoon that loads of people called racist isn't racist. Good job.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

I said Labor won't change them and I said Knight's cartoon is racist but asked a few q's about it.

Actually I do wield the power to determine all ALP policy.

So when implied something can't be racist because black people agreed with it, that's just asking questions? You know you can find black people who agree with slavery?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Don Dongington posted:

My prediction is that it'll go to that lovely Phelps independent, Auspol and twitter will get excited about a no confidence vote, and then she'll join CA within a week and basically vote with the govt on 90% of legislation much like Sharkie.

Considering her campaign is not to block supply, this really shouldn't come to a surprise to Auspol. Twitter OTOH...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm quite prepared to sentence myself to twenty years of huffing pig farts if Anning has read any Gramsci.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I don't think he knows what deconstructing means. Hey everyone - I think Anning is not only nuts but STUPID as well?! Who's with me?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/senator-leyonhjelm-to-fight-defamation-case/10285472

Is anyone else a little uneasy about the picture they use for Hanson-Young here? It makes her look like a harridan when she has super legit grounds to pursue legal action against that inflated scrotum head.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If Morrison wins the next election and we have to put up with three more years of this poo poo, I'm drowning myself in untreated sewage.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I've only read the headline, but from the looks of it they got fired for failing the Stupid Test.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

drunkill posted:

The oval office who poisoned and killed 406 wedge-tailed eagles was fined and jailed!

14 days and $2500...

And deportation to New Zealand.

Hopefully the people who ordered him to do it will get a slightly harder slap on the wrist, but the punishments for this sort of poo poo is loving laughable.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
We interrupt this thread to give you an important Helen Razer update.

Last week she offered to give her book for free to anyone who emailed her. This week she's complaining that no-one emailed her.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

You Am I posted:

Ban all bikes, everyone has to drive V8 Holdens and Falcons, just like how Australian God wanted Aussies to be

gently caress yeah legalize doughies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
^Murder Australia

Don Dongington posted:

You know I reckon half of all the people who read Daisy and Caleb op eds are posters in this thread.

The other half are Boonta Vista listeners.

• Locked thread