Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't even really care about Pokemon but it still bothers me immensely that the video title is Pokemon Go Pasta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the demo for zoe vr kind of deflated my hype for it, since it worked like poo poo when I tried it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

I won't be satisfied until we can be trapped in a MMO.

none of the mmos that actually exist are ones i'd want to be trapped in

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy_nUw50PtM

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur is the most boring fake looking game I've ever seen or played and it always baffled me that somebody could have played it for longer than the tutorial and not actually be a character in a Law and Order episode.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Do you like JRPG puzzle dungeons? Because they'll get you some JRPG puzzle dungeons.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zv0P6A_VuA

These people are doing the best remakes. They redraw lots of the graphics but stay so true to the original art style that you might not even notice they've done it. And they're using the higher res to let you see more around you which will probably make the game play a lot better. So awesome

Did they ever adjust the Wild Guns remake to have another difficulty level or to otherwise be balanced towards anything other than four characters at once?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

good to see their pun game is still super strong

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

In the meantime, I'll relax by listening to a collection of video game music that has been posted in the monthly chat threads. I've been pretty diligent about grabbing everything that's been posted and it's sitting at 388 videos. :justpost: to contribute, best listened to on shuffle.

:toot::siren:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLim8UfVI91wsrMXGGyO-JyqkfQzrAMxkR:siren::toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuFKrrTxO8M

I've been meaning to tell you, whatever method you're using to add these to the playlist, it occasionally adds a song to it multiple times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

wonder what state they'll take out next

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I have nothing but infinite monkey paws so I know better than to wish for anything I want to actually play.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

the frustrating thing about shadow hearts is that a company definitely has midway's game rights and has re-licensed various properties, but they just won't with shadow hearts for some reason

the closest we were going to get was a port of the not-very-good kouldeka to steam that never happened because I think the company that was gonna do it went out of business

Midway only published a couple of the games in the west, they kinda have nothing to do with it.

The company that owns it is just now a vague entertainment company that doesn't reallly make games anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Entertainment_Corporation

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

which makes me wonder if they even had the rights to the games they ported

Probably not!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

did you hear any tooting or spot any mild tornadic activity?

they may have found a warp whistle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

On a similar note I'm disappointed Bloodstained doesn't appear to let you pose after beating a boss like wtf

that's classicvania, though.

also hold up and she does jojo poses.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

she's legally distinct shanoa so it fits.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

Look don't give me a Castlevania 3 rear end game unless after beating a boss the game freezes on my pose, jojo or not.

Oh you were talking about Curse of the Moon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you call it bloodstained i'm going to think you're talking about the main game

if you call it cotm i'm going to think you're talking about Circle of the Moon

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

not only was it ok the game kept running even though the lid opened (which i now understand was because the data was already loaded but whatever) so i closed it thinking that would fix it and while she could run around the game had basically lost her place and wouldn’t respond to any triggers. from what i remember anyway like i said it was 20 years ago

I never did a sweet flip but I used to have my systems set on top of the TV because CRTs were loving huge so whatever, but the idea got weaned out of me the time I was playing BoFIII and right as I go through a door in-game I accidentally yanked the cord on the controller too hard because it got caught on the side of the TV and pulled the whole system off and crashed onto the floor. The disc tray popped open on the way down, and shot the disc out.

It didn't unplug and lose power though, so it had enough time apparently to load the next area before it finished falling. I popped the disc back in and the game worked like normal.

Of course then my baby cousin would one day break into my games stored in a CD wallet and ended up snapping it in half anyway later on.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sunset overdrive is their longterm plan for the xbone

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

They can't have her shoot endangered animals anymore

I'd gladly sacrifice shooting tigers and gorillas for more t-rexes and giant atlantean centaurs and demon babies.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can turn the icons off that you don't need, I turned off the machine sites almost immediately.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Anybody play the mm11 demo yet?
It has a stage, 2 boss powers, and rush coil unlocked.

Music doesnt rate against the classics, idk ymmv.
Stage is pretty drat hard. Lots of places where you are encouraged to use bullet time to make it through tho they added super easy difficulty modes where you might not have to.
Boss is ok. Seems more about the spectacle of his giant form than anything else tho.
Art is kinda bland.

Not sure if I'll get it for 30 dollars. Having to manage a cooldown for you slowmo meter is a really weird gimmick for megaman but im interested to see what they do with it beyond the demo level.

I got through the demo without using the gear system at all, so it seems good to me. I don't think I ever was that excited about this game's music.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

still looking for that respec option but as of yet been unable to find it in the burger king

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

oh no gently caress what am i gonna do with my crystal chronicles ripoff now

rush it to release before the remaster, obviously

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

You can tells the devs tried to backpedal on that as hard as they could because the game just portrays the terrorists like COBRA with no real political affiliations.

I distinctly remember reading a pre-launch interview in I think play magazine where they said the inspiration for the organization and the leader was just the old g.i. joe cartoon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I play harder games now because I have more patience compared to when I was a sugar-addled monster.

And also because a lot of the things that made games hard for me was usually me flat out not understanding something.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

One time, I punch a cop's head clean off.

I liked Mortal Kombat, too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

lol what the hell

lol, can't sell the remaster of mediocre game if it's still available on steam for $2

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ah my favorite soda, Dingus Mew

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lmao

REDACTED, GOVERNMENT LEVEL CLEARANCE ORANGE DOWN

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Endorph posted:

you all do realize that is a fake image, yes

now i do, i hereby retract my lmao

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought the steam page layout, the april first date, and the year being 2011 would hint that it was an old picture... :sweatdrop:

in my defense i haven't had a reason to look at steam in a while

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've now beaten two SMT games, which is still amazing considering how many of them I bought back in the day and never really played.

The 7th Guest posted:

is the frozen wilds worth doing. i'm about 5 quests from the end of the main horizon campaign

I told myself when I beat the vanilla game that I was going to come back to it later maybe a few months down the line. But then I couldn't stop thinking about the game, bought the DLC maybe two weeks later and devoured it.

Yeah, it's a great DLC.

frozen solid

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/fumito-uedas-next-project-underway-rivals-the-scale-of-previous-titles

Hopefully this one doesn't take as long.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Was The Last Guardian good I never got around to buying it

It was insanely good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What are some short JRPGs?

I don’t mean “short for a JRPG”, I mean like 10-hour JRPGs

Parasite Eve
Koudelka
Arc the Lad 1
I think I beat the first Star Ocean in around ten hours on the PSP version?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh yeah, also play Adventures of Mana. I got the platinum for that game in like 7 hours.

The Colonel posted:

the hosed up thing is there are lots of long jrpgs i love but i hate how long modern persona games are

I just beat Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I'm glad it doesn't have some calendar bullshit prolonging the game because I beat it in like 42 hours.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I beat FFXV around December 2016/Jan 2017 and got a Platinum and all the trophies. Those trophies now account for like half or less than half of all of the trophies it has now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Luminaire's sound effect is burned in my brain forever, you're wrong.

*hides the fact that this is probably because it's nearly all Crono does in battle after a point*

Really Pants posted:

nah the music was nice

• Locked thread