Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

I have lived in Colorado all my life and this has never been a real problem. Maybe once or twice when someone was accelerating hard and we were driving into the sun and conditions were perfect then my vision was obsructed partially for a moment, but that's about it. Getting angry at people for not wiping the snow off their cars is a real stretch of the imagination.

gently caress you, rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

TehSaurus posted:

Right? I basically just broke my own and I feel like it's already time for another one. I almost started crying, just like outright sobbing about an hour ago but now I've got the insane joker smile back. How does that even work?

I'm contemplating potential career suicide by hassling our corporate sustainability team about their plan for this as if it's anything other than make more computers, faster. Maybe I can convince them to start lobbying for aerosol injection? That will probably matter about as much as my complaining about the treatment of women and blacks etc.

To sum up: lol, lmao

Your corporation can do absolutely nothing meaningful on a large enough scale to stop or delay what's begun, don't waste your energy or ruin your prospects badgering them about it. If you really want to go out in a blaze of glory that might be slightly less meaningless, only approach it from a local immediate resilience perspective (e.g. lobby for them to sponsor cooling centers during heat waves and the like).

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

wonder if the tone will still be that celebratory when the record-breaking heatwaves are immediately obvious as mass fatality events

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Yea that people latch on to poo poo because it's suddenly vogue or has a catchy name. Is there research that shows it's actually migrating lower than in the past?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

Feels like all of CSPAM is hella aggro today

fuk u

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm doing my part, freezing kettles of water and pouring them into the gulf every day to cool it down.

wrong, idiot, drive your car into the ocean with the windows down and ac on full blast

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol that owns, get hosed you stupid winds

wait no why is my weather unusual come back i didnt mean it baby

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

things still not that bad yet?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lmfao

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Minrad posted:

the year is 2005. im listening to led zeppelin when the levee breaks and shitposting about a hurricane destroying new orleans

it is 2021,

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

seems kinda bad now yea

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

smoobles posted:

It's cool that we get to use badass terms like polar vortex and heat dome now. Weather used to be so boring.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah Im a big fan of the term I learned thanks to this insanity, atmospheric river events!

v excited to see what else enters my lexicon by 2023

i'm guessing "rogue dust event"

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

humidex is also a cowards number, just say the real temp

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

yeah you lift the wipers so that they don't get little ice clumps on them

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

ted hitler hunter posted:

Score another one for hermits living in caves, blind cave fish and Lord of the Rings fans. Apparently in China a few people in parts of the country still live in caves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyfxB_SqWtc

wtf that's so nice

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

let the internet vote on names, but retire them after one use like racehorses. I wanna see hurricane weedlord mcbonghitler

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

neutral milf hotel posted:

quote this post if you're rooting for this lil' underdog model to succeed

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

tam-pa hyper-cane *clap clap clapclapclap*

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

go manatees

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Laterite posted:

watch miracle mile next

good cspam movie

:hmmyes:

go in blind btw, great experience

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Enfys posted:

tarp dog thread :five:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

the kids are alright

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NeonPunk posted:

Just like how those dumb nerd wind scientists only allow up to cat 5 hurricanes, those dumb nerd air scientists doesn't allow anything over 500. Like cmon that's your entire job, to make number go up, impress us with humongous numbers

:hai:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yeah, they kill a ton of people every year because people wildly underestimate how dangerous the great lakes, especially Superior and Michigan, can be. A bunch of the time they are calm enough to rowboat, paddleboard, etc on, but if a storm is coming in or just high winds, 6ft waves can start up and people get into trouble very fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzTkGyxkYI

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

"so what should the cop eagle be doing in this idealized child's fantasy"

"uh i guess screaming at a fire while the other animals do all the work"

flapping it's wings to fan the flames higher

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

mistermojo posted:

drat its crazy how it all just started happening like they said it would. but you have to admit its good content

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

i top ur mom all the time

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

Where does water come from? At least most lakes and oceans are practically boiling these days

water comes from the tap, idiot

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

permahypercane
Permahypercane
PERMAHYPERCANE

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Floor is lava posted:

#LOCKHERUP
#LOCKITIN

let me begin
I can to win battle me that's a sin

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NeonPunk posted:

https://twitter.com/610Mike/status/1692383451633320279

I don't understand why everyone is just standing around.

very human to point & hoot

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

ikanreed posted:

The great thing about el niño years is they give you a preview of what normal will be in a decade

this is just the preview

:buddy: wheee

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

smoobles posted:

I'll simply unplug and power down my devices before the flare hits.

but then how would you post

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

:stare:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

venus here we gooooo

:hai: venus by tuesday

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Chard posted:

sun wont do poo poo, bitch rear end star cant even kill an m class planet, weak rays, lovely spectrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

1stGear posted:

"I want civilization to end" CSPAM hoots and hollers, losing their fukin minds

"To stop the wokes" CSPAM deflates, mutters to each other, wanders off

:hai: