Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hello just popping in to say I loved Andor. I love star wars for the cool spaceships and I like how we got like two cool spaceship scenes, and one was them just landing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Book of Bobba Fett was so bad it made me less interested in Mando S3 because it already resolved the thing I cared about, but without any of the character focus.
Andor also made me less interested in Mando S3 because it was all shot on location without the weird Volume Room stuff.

So maybe I skip season 3 and just go back to assuming Baby Yoda got Merc'd by Kylo in TFA.
Space True Grit 1 was good, I didn't really need Space True Grit 2, Grit Home, and now I'm less excited for Space True Grit 3, The Soft Returns to be Grit

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 18, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neo Rasa posted:

This was still the most insane thing about the show to me because of how much it really tainted every other aspect of it. On the one hand I get if he's a crime lord yeah sure he doesn't have to be the person pulling the trigger 100% of the time why else would you be a crime LORD but there were whole episodes where he has a ton of screen time yet it felt like you could just delete him from the episode and not have to change anything. At least early on with the Tusken flashbacks and the them taking the train to have them pay protection money (and his mentioning how Bib Fortuna betrayed him all those years ago (???)) it seemed like he was playing some kind of long game but that went away pretty fast as the series went on.

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but it reminded me of how in the Metroid games Samus Aran is a "bounty hunter" and then years later when the Prime games were coming out, one of them was originally going to have specific bounties you could collect on some worlds and Nintendo was like "we just don't think that's something a character Samus would do stuff like that for money" because the whole time Nintendo in Japan thought of her and other bounty hunters that pop up in the games as like charitable wandering adventurer types like a JRPG or some wuxia protagonist or whatever.

Like even if you wanted to portray slapstick incompetent Fett as we see in Return of the Jedi, that would have been fine! But it's crazy how much of the show is him just sort of standing around and taking in stuff and how passive he is.

Temuera Morrison owns so I hope he gets to do some actual good stuff to work with for the character at some point. Wouldn't be totally out of place to have him pop up in Mando season 3, he felt a lot different in Mando season 2 than he did in his own and was more interesting.

You got to insulate yourself, B. Pull back. Let me and Fennec handle this. You just go to your bacta tank or whatever and by the time you're craving some space gabbaghoul we'll have cleaned this up.
*next episode*
I'm sorry B.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Eiba posted:

Crime Lord is a political title on Tatooine. It's a lawless planet so the only authorities are "criminals". Indeed, we saw that in the show with all his political authority being based on personal connections, in lieu of institutions.

Boba Fett's whole plot arc was that he had learned that dirty and violent rulers who don't give a poo poo about people... are actually bad. So, after violently deposing one of those lovely rulers he had a personal beef with, he decided to be a clean and peaceful ruler as best he could. Which was not very well, but eventually with the help of people who believed in what he was doing, he managed to carve out something better for a little section of Tatooine.

You can argue this wasn't executed very well for whatever reason and you might have a point, but the critique that "he's a CRIME lord, he shoulda done CRIMES" completely misses the pretty obvious point about Tatooine politics that all rulers are "crime lords" on that planet.

Governor Snail is very cross with you.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
credit music was good.
Until the finale where they put words in it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jerusalem posted:

Morrison's a fine actor, and when used to his strengths he's very good (Once Were Warriors is still an incredible watch). Mandalorian Season 2 used him pretty well which made The Book of Boba Fett all the more confusing, and I really wish they'd just run with him hanging out with the Tuskens since that was the most enjoyable part of the season.

The tusken parts were good. And I was really disappointed that it all wasn't a vengeance plot to avenge them and that he actually wanted to be a crime lord.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I wanted Star Wars the Count of Monte Cristo and instead we got some dumbass mounted Crisco.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So from my understanding Andor will eventually steal the death star plans... Is he going to change his name to Kyle Katarn in season 2?

They made a movie about that. He changes his name at the end of it because he got burned

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jerusalem posted:

Star Wars: Burn Notice is absolutely something I would watch.

Except instead of lovely Space Miami from Andor being the planet he's not allowed to leave, Disney would probably insist on Tatooine.

Exiled back to Niamos

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can I just skip s1?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I found her fine. Replacement level for what I expected in such a train wreck

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
But isn't that just come wars

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neo Rasa posted:

I forget when they changed up the cantina scene in the special edition did they remove satan?

No Obi-Wan remains pivotal to the plot

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

galenanorth posted:

every single one of the pirate's lines felt like lines I've heard a thousand times before

Most of the treasure puzzles, other than the first one with the ultraviolet glyphs, seemed original, at least

John Silver is now a platonic archetype. The ideal treasure hunting pirate

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The story with Kenari was intentionally vague and I got the vibe that they'd just execute anyone there because it was under quarantine or something.
The story got dropped as the stakes quickly eclipsed it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cheesus posted:

https://twitter.com/dendycrew/status/1620446542950993920
I can't be the only one that wants to petition Lucasfilm to feed all used and unused footage from the ISB meetings from Andor into this and generate an endless stream.

Imagine what we would get after the AI exhausts all of the standard anti-Imperial/anti-conspiracy talk and gets real.

Why would you want the good writing to become made bad?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dave Syndrome posted:

Too late.
What's "A Jedi's Return"?

The third movie.
Not too be confused with the third episode

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

"Somehow, Khan has returned."

Different universe. This one is younger.
Hotter.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
SPOILERS!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Where's the propaganda photo op of Sheev going to the orphanage to hand out soup or whatever.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Pop Art poster of some proud looking stormtroopers
"Leave the force to us! Report all Jedi Immediately!"

Obi-Wan foaming at the mouth like he's truning into a warewolf
"Around Jedi, you'll Jedie!"

Sheev holding out his hand to some crying child with a broken toy.
"The only force sensitive you can trust!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sentinel Red posted:

Same, I loving love Ian, he’s always fun to watch hamming it up. Even in That Which Shall Not Be Named, the bit where’s he’s going hogwild electrocuting everyyyyyyyything! is the one part I’d happily watch again.

Now I’m thinking we need Cass and Luthen to 9/11 something on Coruscant so we can have Sheev shedding a lone tear for the cameras at Ground Zero and passing out blankets to orphans.

They 9/11 a small moon in the first ever piece of Star Wars media.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The highpoint of ROS was "The dead speak!" and then nothing was entertaining for the next three hours.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ultimately babu frik really does it for some people and leaves others indifferent. This issue is really going to spill out into the open when he hijacks multiple episodes of mandalorian season 3

Oh no, ROS was so bad it made me forget Babu Frik!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I am coming around on AI

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFR41LS5A0
This show was so good and Im going to miss it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

karmicknight posted:

That is actually a droid Leia who agreed to marry Trioculus in order to use her laser eyes to assassinate the holder of the Glove of Darth Vader, Slavelord of Kessel, and Galactic Emperor.

Duh.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Saw called Mace Windu the n-word

No-hands?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Robot Style posted:

I hope Carl Weathers becomes a bit villainous. He's always been kind of shady (why is he a "disgraced" magistrate anyway?), but now that he's literally out there gentrifying the planet, it could be interesting to see what might happen if he starts displacing people who can no longer afford to live there, and tries using his affability and friendship with Mando to protect him from being targeted by those he's harming.

This sounds like a plot for book of bobba and would let fett run a protection racket, aka do a crime

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

My face when a girlboss is about to upend my PHD in sectors.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Arc Hammer posted:

Something else about Andor (and Solo for that matter) that I really appreciate is how they've included the Imperial Army as a separate military branch from the Stormtrooper Corps. It's a good distinction between the everyday rank and file of the armed forces and the terror squads of Waffen SS goons who join the Corps.

They have to. The Empire being a fragmented bunch of backbiters engaging in constant turf wars is one of the Central Themes. So we need the storm troopers to not be the army to not be the ISB.
It's why we're supposed to agree with Luthen when he talks to Saw.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yes the tactics the bad guys are using are supposed to be bad.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jinnigan posted:

whys that

Because otherwise using the tools of your enemy wouldn't be a sacrifice

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Larryb posted:

I thought that’s what Ashoka was supposed to be

Where is Thrawn!?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

thrawn527 posted:

I bid you Dark Greetings.

Hello, sir, you probably don't remember me but I was with you when you blew up Zarin.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Luthen, On Coruscant 35 ABY
"What did I sacrifice? NOTHING!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
BB8 and his lighter thumbs up is probably top teir droid moment.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The nuance is that Andor is not Star Wars, so what people are announcing is effectively that they've never liked Star Wars in the first place.

This Nerd needs to brush up on their Sepan history.

thrawn527 posted:

God I loved that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Seriously, the only difference between the treatment of the Aldani and the Rippubus/Dimok is that the scoffed at Sepan customs happen in space.(Because Tie Fighter happens in space)