Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I actually managed to unstick the old one and stick this new thread on the right day! Successful month already!

Also I am very touched to be included in a poll and I thank anyone who voted :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Are they announcing an N64 mini too? Or is this just something I somehow invented in my head?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Samuringa posted:

only VideoGames can save the video games

I am here to fulfil my destiny.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is why I use Kirby as my image of honour. For Kirby grants me eternal strength.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

VideoGames - https://teefury.com

Kirby shirt

That is gorgeous and I just bought it. :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GUI posted:

Transistor came out for the Switch today. Guess I'll spare Video Games (the medium, not the poster) from being murdered this year.

Cowcaster posted:

so you're still going to murder Video Games the poster then

haveblue posted:

I'm going to murder video games ironically

I always suspected it would come down to this.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I feel the need to replace the pillows on my bed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:yeah:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

No one agrees with me that Kirby should have died. Am I out of touch?

20 pages later and I still cannot believe this post.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I could not allow this madness to go on.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does anyone know if there was ever a Torchlight 1/2 thread in Games? I have tried searching but I fear I am not utilising the search correctly and can only find references to the game in other threads.

I was going to start Torchlight 1 and wanted to know of any must have mods for the game. (Same for II as well when I get round to it.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

I think most people here would just tell you to play Diablo 3, Path of Exile, or Grim Dawn instead.

I played Torchlight 1 unmodded a couple years ago and liked it enough.

I have all of those and have played them already. Diablo 3 is one of my most favourite games of all time.

I just thought I would give the torch lights a try. I never realised how much I enjoyed this style of game until Diablo 3. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Replaced the 500GB hard drive with a 1TB hard drive in Lady Videogames' PS4 yesterday evening and queued up about 20 things to install (and subsequently complete when I am half way through a few of them)! On the list are:
Yakuza 0.
Witcher 3.
Spider-man. (60% through)
God of War. (50% through)
Persona 5 (Deliberately went back to the school - not sure the percentage through).
Destiny 1 (On Venus!)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (start of Chapter 2!)

and a few smaller ones like Everybody's Golf, and Peggle 2.

I am making it my goal to have all these big names finished before March 2019 :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

"Ahh. What a good video."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello chat thread. I came across a thread I made a while ago and remembered how much fun it was. It was where I was planning to split 2017 into themed months as a way to cut down on my stupidly large steam library.

Japanuary, FPSbruary, March!, April Scours to name a few of the month themes.

My PC broke in April scours and it was a big pain to me because I did not own many console games at that point and was quite poor so I could not fix it for at least three months rendering the whole thread broken.

I tried some games I probably would never have gotten round to before and those four months were great fun.

Since then my libraries across all systems have expanded and heck I want to give it another shot! A whole year of specific gaming :D

So like last time, I would love if any of you came up with some awesome Month puns with specific game types/genres I could play. I want to mix it up from last time. The only category I am keeping is 'Boo-ly: Scary games in July.'

All the rest I want a different challenge. Also if there is a specific game of a genre I am going to tackle (some people suggested some awesome games last time that I ended up getting around to much later) then please let me know and I will put them on the month :D

Systems that I can play are: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSVita, WiiU, Switch, and PC!

I will create a thread for it again, and I aim to play at least 2 different games a week, so am going to spend the rest of November and December planning it all out. (This will also be a doable New Years Resolution I feel!) I am very excited! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Desimber

Big fan of this!! :D

What would you play in poopsocktober?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

50% nothing, it was over 80% of people

This blows my mind. I played through 1,2 and 3 as renegade Femshep the entire time. I saved every single person except for Kaidan in 1. I cannot imagine not having Wrex throughout the rest of the trilogy. And Garrus came with me on every single mission he possibly could. I love Garrus! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will definitely see Detective Pikachu.

Also if there is a black friday sale on for PSVR here in the UK I will be getting one. I tried one out in store at the weekend and had a blast! I have been putting off getting Resident Evil VII because I want to experience it in VR :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hahaha ok if I had the skills I would make this an avatar :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

What is the best swamp level? Rotten Vale? Valley of Defilement? SHREK: THE VIDEO GAME?

Left 4 Dead 2 has my favourite one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I usually choose my GOTY based on the best game I played that year regardless of release date. :D

As such, my GOTY2018 was Nier:Automata and remains one of the most emotional, evocative and engrossing gaming experiences I have ever had. I struggle to think of a game with a soundtrack I like more or an ending that floored me in the way it did. I will always gush about this game and it probably comes off a hyperbole for which I do apologise, but the game is an utter masterpiece to me and my third favourite Game of All Time!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am yikesing so far back out of the room I have crossed the pacific ocean.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

So which one is gonna be your next avatar

Ha! I have an absolute ton of unused Kirby avatars. There are so many wonderful/funny/horrifying pictures around and I have built up a store of them all.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Is it really called post game if you are still playing? What defines something being post game? I have always wondered this.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you in training and real hurtling. That makes a ton of sense and answers my question succinctly :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like animated avs most of all!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like to call it:

code:

<a href="The past">Zelda</a>

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

With all the recent talk in the thread over the last couple of weeks of people giving their GOTYs I've realised it would be super fun to bring over the Top 10 of the Year thread that I've run a few times in TV IV. Before I get started on knocking an OP up I just wanted to check, is this something that someone already does in this forum? I don't want to go stepping on somebody's toes :ohdear:

A few pages back but please do this!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hooray, thank you! :D I have also stickied it for a month! I am interested in the responses and will definitely be adding my own :D

EDIT: Wait that is not long enough, ok stuck indefinitely as that is the next option up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have just realised my game of the year 2018 gets to be Nier:Automata and I am joyous at this!

• Locked thread