Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Soothing Vapors posted:

if anyone needs a pick me up because you're bummed that your unrealistic expectations for last night didn't come true, Laura Loomer is losing her loving mind because she feels that Daddy Trump and Fox News both let her down by not broadcasting her insanity 24/7 and she's super depressed

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1060186507078762496

She's tweeted 13 times in the past hour and it's all some variation on this

Yeah, losing the senate is bad but that was expected and right now I consider a stalemate a victory. The dems are saying all the right things now about investigations despite this thread freaking out and the chuds are losing their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arist posted:

Look again at who that tweet is from

Oh, I know. It’s awsom.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

The Senate results really are bad. I know a lot of people here have been papering this over by saying we never really had a shot (which is true to some degree), but that doesn't change the fact that a +2R result is just not good news. I'm also thinking that 2018 is pretty drat near peak anti-Trump and I'm not sure that we're going to do better in 2020. Combine that with the fact that it may be difficult to defend some of these house pick-ups and I'm concerned.

Agreed, but 2020 will be about trump himself, I think we might get an even bigger turnout to try to push his rear end out. He has 2 more years to enrage people against him and a probable economic downturn coming.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zwabu posted:

These results show more than ever that the who the Democrats nominate in 2020 is going to be so important.

My immediate reaction after last night, after a nanosecond of reflection, is that Beto should run. I don't know if anyone else in either party can get voters to rally to him and campaign with such energy.

I would love to see loving cheeto on a debate stage with him.

Yeah Beto and gillum can run now. So there is a positive.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

as much as this is a fantasy of #resistance twitter and i hate that, they're both farther left and more charismatic than almost all other candidates right now. either one would be an excellent veep for Sanders, given his reasonable chances of dying in office

yeah, this, i think they would be good VPs.

corn in the bible posted:

Worst case: Trump dies right before election; president pence with his calm, horse loving hands steers the ship to apocalypse

he has no charisma, its just the empty "gee sweel" evangelical poo poo and that doesn't fly outside certain red states.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

for anyone curious about subpoena power issues, here's a great read about how House Republicans successfully won cases allowing them to subpoena a ton of political documents then spent this year furiously trying to get the judge to take back her holding once they realized they'd be losing power

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1060195800062590976

they literally 'settled' with the Trump administration with a precondition that Amy Berman Jackson say that her old holding is no longer valid lol

she was not happy about it

well thats good news.

Unzip and Attack posted:

Someone up thread asked if GOP Senators would block all Dem SCOTUS nominees in 2020. McCain and others promised they would do so if Clinton won in '16.

They 100% will. They already said they would.

they would have anyway. at best last night we would have broke even with them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chard posted:

I want so badly to unclench, let my guard down...

just for a moment

surely this will go unpunished if I do...

i would to an extent. the senate loss sucks but it shows we have the raw numbers out there when 2020 rolls around for trump so it might be even bigger turn outs. we have the house and they will do investigations. we had a ton of wins for the left and minorities of all stripes. some red states got redder. but blue dogs lost badly so the partisan divide is fortifying.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hahahah he is losing his poo poo. loving rear end in a top hat. holy poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spaced God posted:

What's acosta doing, I'm under no circumstances watching a trump presser

basicaly pushed real questions and kepting going. trump got shook and mad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he is losing his poo poo today and its beautiful.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cochise posted:

Why can't they be more forceful with this idiot like this all of the time?

they are to an extent. Acosta went after him hard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Retro42 posted:

Acosta deserves free drink from every reporter in that room. He derailed Trump and they smell blood in the water now.

yeah, he took a boring speech and spun it in out favor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

twice burned ice posted:

Is there anything to this?

probably, but who knows if it will go anywhere.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

now some prolife dickhead threw him a softball and trump is loving it up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

It's funny because there's very easy spins he could put on this that wouldn't even be lies. He could say that he wasn't up this time and the GOP failed him (probably true in some places), that the Senate is more red than it's been in decades (literally true) and that they're going to destroy Roe V Wade (100% certainty)

But he's floundering which I can only assume means he legitimately believed the Democratic polls were all lies

because the loses hurt personally hard and he is mad. plus he was never good at spin because he can't take any blame himself and doesn't want to commit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pander posted:

Good things said here. Lots better than her speech last night.

yeah, i am not a fan but she is saying the right stuff. keep trump on the defense and make the investigations unified and count. no loving around with like the tea party did.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

yeah the dems investigations not looking like The Select Committee On Benghazi or whatever is actually good

well yeah, despite dems being dems, they arn't dumb as poo poo like the GOP who basically fired the metaphorical shotgun everywhere in a desperate to hit anything. there is plenty to hit trump on and we will hit trump on poo poo and we don't need to fight him on his ground. we slowly break him down with investigations and others. you only do impeachment if you have a real shot and they will take it if they are 100% certian its a "kill" if they do it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Violator posted:

Duckworth says now not time for Sanders' 'Medicare for All' healthcare fix
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...53a0bc11ed.html

drat.

thats year old, i think she can switch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Majorian posted:

She can, and I hope she does. But I can't support her until she does so loudly and proudly.

agreed and i think she will. its a popular position and she is smart women.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pookel posted:

OK, I'll qualify that ...

1. Not Republicans
2. Yes to Duckworth in particular, who has done stuff with ADAPT and seems to be viewed favorably by the disability activists I follow.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/inside-caps-new-disability-justice-initiative

as a disabled person from birth. she has issues in other areas, but i like her as representation and i think she would make the right choices. abbot is an selfish FYGM type so gently caress him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Catalyst-proof posted:

He doesn't care. He wanted to do something, he's going to do it, regardless of how loving moronic or self-detrimental it is.

yeah, it will loving ruin him but he needs instant gratification.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he will loving find one the second Jr gets indited or such. if it gets shut, poo poo will leak and or get put in the closet until the house reopens poo poo. i like to think mueller is almost done anyway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Sessions' replacement will have firing power over Mueller, right? It won't stick with Rosenstein?

yeah and this guy is a big enough chud to fire him but who knows what will happen.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

you can't fire the special counsel without cause and a written report as to why to congress

he will make one up like with comey.

also coward trump made kelly do it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Word?

So Kelly fired Sessions the day after the midterms because the WH was bored? Mueller is probably out by the end of the week.

nah, its will be tonight or tomarrow. rod is gonna get sacked too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

They STARTED the probe with no upcoming election.

yeah and they lost the loving house. not to mention a ton of state stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, they'll assign him to head the CFPB via the vacancies act, since he won't resign.

nah, trump is spiteful, he will burn rod.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Z. Autobahn posted:

Do you guys seriously think Mueller has not considered this scenario and doesn't have a plan for it?

i am sure he has and i am sure he has good plans for it but who knows.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/rachelweinerwp/status/1060266854571225089

lol can't wait to see what this ethics waiver looks like

there is plenty of ethics poo poo that might force him to recuse himself if the rage is loud enough. plus there are still some sane GOP Ghouls in the senate during the lame duck.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Trump is shook as hell and he is lashing out because he hates Sessions. I doubt he's thought more past attempting to change the news cycle from the Dem wave.

yeah he is not saving himself, he is just digging himself deeper in the shithole. they can't bury the Mueller investigation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

They didn't fire him but there's not much reason to, since Rosenstein was only in charge due to Sessions being recused. As soon as an AG shows up who doesn't recuse himself Rosenstein goes back to just being the deputy

sure but can't the acting dude fire mueller or "starve" him out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay so let's game this out.

Trump doesn't fire Mueller, he just locks him down and cuts his budget to nothing. The Senate doesn't do anything about it because they are Republicans and basically all traitors to the concept of democracy. There are some protests because Rosenstein is out, but none of the fill-the-streets stuff because Mueller wasn't technically fired.

What happens next? Can the investigations proceed with zero budget? Does it matter if they do, if the Senate won't cooperate? How much does Dems holding the House influence this?

alot of the info is NY state DOJ stuff and such too. plus i think trump will fire mueller because he is spiteful and wants immediate gratification.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

Pelosi.... Good?????

i think thats what the narrative is gonna be. telling Chud fizzlebeef to recuse. it probaly won't work but gently caress if i know.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

While I am unsure of it will matter, it’s nice to see the media openly showing this dude is a piece of poo poo and corrupt as gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i still love that daou got spurned by mother so now he is trying to be a lefty. i mean cool that he is atleast saying the points even if he is just suit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

lol that the only thing that can even begin to arouse a proper response from the media is Trump manhandling a white guy in public.

its depressing but ill take it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean this would be a clever plan if Donald Trump wasn't so publicly lovely and electoral poison to Democratic voters. Trump thinks he's god's gift to the nation and everyone loves him so he doesn't comprehend that associating with him is the quickest way to lose your seat as a D lawmaker. If he were say, Mitt Romney, I'd be afraid this would work.

yeah, basically the only thing uniting the DNC is hating trump. so yeah, that kinda backfires on him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we come out of last night with 37 seats in the House and “only” losing 2 seats in the Senate then sorry, it was a legit Wave.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1060360046155087872

its because this place is full of cynical grognards(like me). we could have magicaly won all 100 seats in the senate because calvinball and this thread would still be pissed. I am happy with how we did and i am glad trump is loving shook.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. i love how deep we are in hellworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

So the GOP traded 2 Senate seats for the entire House? And McConnell is trying to spin that as a victory?

Quite the victory there Mitch! :thumbsup:

Isn't Nelson going to a recount? Lol if Nelson wins and the GOP picked up a single seat.

i think they are seeing if they can get a recount.