Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Everybody needs to come to Mississippi and get Espy elected over Cyndi Hyde-I-Iron-A-Crease-In-My-Blue-Jeans-Smith.

Although I fear the Chris McDaniel ghouls are just going to push her to victory. But hopefully they don't get back out to vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

corn in the bible posted:

Well, that's ending soon, since SCOTUS can just declare things nationwide if Trump gets enough picks

With RBG in the hospital... that could be sooner than later :(

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

corn in the bible posted:

Sessions resigned.

At the request of Trump. Which is just a cordial firing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mahoning posted:

Well I just got blocked on Twitter by Josh Barro, I feel like I’m officially part of political twitter now after first joining Twitter like 6 months ago.

Basically he just had a hissy fit calling people criticizing Trump for skipping the WWI event crazy. I’d share the dumb tweets but, I’m blocked.

Everybody should delete their Twitter account anyway. Quit giving these chuds a void to shout into.

Take. Away. Their. Platform.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mahoning posted:

I mean, Josh Barro’s not that bad. He’s mostly got level headed observations as a former conservative, but he basically had a meltdown. He’s certainly not a chud, but he does seem to be a little baby.

Sorry, yeah I just meant in general. I'm not familiar with him.

But Twitter is just garbage. Every "good" thing on Twitter is merely just a reaction to the lovely. Just take it all away!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I was looking this guy up as he works for my fave publication down here (The Jackson Free Press).

He has a website, Deep South Voice, where he posted about a Change Research Poll indicating Espy had a double digit lead in Mississippi and Cyndi Hyde Smith was far behind.

That wasn't even close to accurate (or at least that's not what the actual vote tally showed). What is this Change Research?

Also here is the article: http://deepsouthvoice.com/index.php/2018/11/06/poll-democrat-mike-espy-leads-by-12-points-in-mississippis-u-s-senate-race/

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cabbit posted:

What if, instead of doing that, I just follow a bunch of cool trans and/or queer folk and carefully cultivate my timeline until it's full of good things and not nazis/pundits?

Because it's not about who you follow. It's Twitter as a platform and it's founder is a nazi sympathizer.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rednik posted:

Isn't that spot-on for the Espy share of the results, but off for the split between Hyde-Smith and McDaniels?

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/mississippi-senate-special

It's accurate for Espy, but the final Hyde-Smith and McDaniels count seems quite a bit off.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VH4Ever posted:

None. Rich people in this country never suffer actual consequences for their heinous actions, Trump is no different.

Worse is he's gonna become an actual Fox News Pundit. Dude cannot stand being out of the spotlight.

And he's going to be making poo poo up constantly and just hiding having to cite his sources behind "I was the President and it's confidential... I can't tell you. But just believe me."

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Oh my god best thing ever from this thread:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This has probably been posted, but holy poo poo the Governor of Mississippi is trotting out abortion as "black genocide" in defense of Cyndi Hyde-Smith's "public hanging" comments.

loving what?

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2018/nov/12/governor-calls-abortion-black-genocide-defends-hyd/

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

theflyingorc posted:

It's a pretty old argument

Yeah the article even points that out. I wasn't saying it was new just that... goddamn that's a helluva way to double down.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yes clearly what we should be talking about while suffering national tragedy after national tragedy (one of which is ongoing at this very second).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If you are interested in watching the Mississippi Senate debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PMfCx45F6s

Starts in 9 minutes

Reminder that Hyde-Smith (R) demanded no audience or press allowed.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Why did Espy give in to this poo poo?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ceiling fan posted:

The Mississippi Farm Bureau was running the show. I doubt they even asked Espy.

What I mean is the no audience and no press thing was known ahead of time and Espy shouldn't have agreed to participate knowing that.

Or maybe it all worked out because it's clearly evident how terrible it was.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ZobarStyl posted:

Hyde-Smith wanted that outcome more than anything. She was hoping he'd call her out so she could drive the narrative towards that instead of her looking like she had a stroke when asked about her nakedly racist remarks.

She'll still win, if only due to the sheer determination with which Mississippi clings to being the worst state.

Well at least I'll be out casting my vote.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

No, people are getting excited over nothing. He'd have a chance if it were a House race I think and he might go under the radar but his only path is high dem turnout / low rep turnout and racist comments are going to encourage turnout of the white republican base in Mississippi.

Well at least I did my part and voted for him. le sigh

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also it's an Onion photoshop that was all about, if I recall, his pulsating liver.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Lightning Knight posted:

I think admitting that you relate to cheating on your wife is actually pretty lovely besides tho.

I think he was saying statistically it's something "we" relate to. Not him personally.

edit: Jeez I was late on that

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Your Taint posted:

I wonder how epic Trump's recovery fuckup will be.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1068578354616520704

He's just gonna give it back to Russia.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Get ready guys, the National Football League is getting ready to completely botch another domestic violence incident!

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1068590810520801280

Oh they've already all seen it and swept it under the rug.

Per the ESPN article:

quote:

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt also addressed the player's character at that time.

"Kareem is a young man, second year in the league, obviously had a very big year on the field last year," Clark Hunt said. "I'm sure he learned some lessons this offseason and hopefully won't be in those kind of situations in the future."

Clark Hunt said in August that he didn't expect the running back to be disciplined by the NFL.

In June, coach Andy Reid said he had spoken with Kareem Hunt after the second incident but declined to specifically address either situation.

I guess Trump's "letting everyone just openly not have to pretend to give a poo poo" has ironically spread to the NFL.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Outrage works!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Old Surly posted:

Is Trumps weird posture part of some 80's "POWER MOVES" business book?

Ah, the old "Scolded Child Posture" - a classic move.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Crabtree posted:

And this irritable and irrational toddler has the capacity to kill all life by getting angry and ordering the button.

Or by denying climate change.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Numlock posted:

Is that real I have a hard time telling these days.

It is disturbingly real. I honestly thought it was a joke too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Why do you say that? Looking at his profile, he looks like an absolutely idiot but means what he tweets.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Smeef posted:

Is this a new pic or a famously bad one? I hadn't seen it before, but he looks loving awful, like John Daly and Nick Nolte after a week in Reno crossed with the senator in X-Men as he mutates into a bag of water.

I was thinking more Brando from Island of Dr Moreau.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 18, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Tis the treason for the season.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hahah Jesus. It's because YOU'RE THE BAD GUYS. They don't target the other shows because this isn't a both sides thing. You. Are. The. Bad. Guys.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

sexpig by night posted:

trump is an isolationist, it's literally his one feature that made him stand out in the republican primary that wasn't 'this guy may be medically demented'. There's no conspiracy other than this is probably him setting up to do the same in Afghanistan in 2020 by declaring 'victory' there too.

I think the point he's making is that his actions would be because of kompromat. Being an isolationist wouldn't mean jack poo poo if you're coerced into doing something.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

OctaMurk posted:

The point sexpig is making is that kompromat has jack poo poo to do with this, because Trump has been set on this sort of thing since the beginning

Oh, duh. It's late and I skimmed to much.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 20, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

sexpig by night posted:

no I got his point but Trump has like one not terrible feature and it's always been his saying 'but also we maybe shouldn't be dying in the desert and blowing people up for nothing and those wars were real stupid'. Like, he's a psychopath who wants to do war crimes and plunder countries as revenge and poo poo but at least he always paid lip service to a concept that no republican ever touched. Him doing this isn't blackmail it's just him being him.

gonna own to see a bunch of woke dems saying 'actually sir the forever war is vital'

Yeah sorry I just completely whiffed on reading comprehension on that one. My brain didn't connect "Trump leaving Syria" with "Isolationist."

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If those cancerous growths were discovered because she broke some ribs... wow. Talk about luck.

I just assumed the ribs story was probably a cover for some testing/procedure that found this.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

USPOL: Some things NEVER get better and NEVER change.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

haveblue posted:

And if you said a joke about certain topics you'd just get a dirty look instead of arrested at gunpoint.

That's not true. I had a friend that made a joke about someone else packing his bags in the mid 90s (at ATL) and was immediately rushed into a back room for 6 hours and not allowed to fly for a short time. His parents had to drive like 12 hours to come get him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RevKrule posted:

Obviously reading too much into this, but interesting he's using the Nathan Bedford spelling there.

With Trump it's likely to be more Gump inspired than anything.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm going to make a prediction:

This shutdown continues until a concrete catastrophe occurs.

I'm not sure what, but I suspect something like a plane crash due to lack of maintenance. Maybe there's a large scale prison escape due to lack of guards. Maybe El Chapo escapes again.

Some big concrete specific government failure that forces the Senate's hand.

The wall is already a concrete failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I'm pretty sure that's what people in Bird Box see when they look