Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

So, how do the new crown artifacts work? I know there are a few crowns that exist when the game starts, and some more that come into existence with certain achievements, but what about the rest? Do you make them, or get them from events, or are they all specific to a fee particular titles and things? Also, since they're artifacts, do they conflict with wearing crown jewels you have smithed and which, unlike the dev diary pics of the new crowns, actually have stats? I really like the idea of crowns showing up in your portrait and all, but haven't seen much of anything about them after that one dev diary, so I'm wondering if there aren't actually that many in the game.

I don't know much about making new crowns, but A) they do interfere with crown jewels, but B) the one crown I found (for the Byzantine emperor) was vastly superior to any normal crown jewels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

So what weird conquests are people seeing? Because I've got a France ruled by a dynasty founded by a Songhay woman who destroyed the Karlings in western Europe, and a Levant ruled by a big Hindu kingdom that has thus far resisted two successive Jihads.

The Francias Exploded, and from the ashes, Saxony was formed.

There is still a France (or there was until I took de jure France, now it's Paris) and a Germany in my game, but Saxony is much stronger than either of those two.

The mongols became part of the Western Protectorate, so I've made keeping a peace treaty with China a number one priority.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TTBF posted:

e: There's another, similar event regarding landslides. The options are "lose a building and some gold", "lose three people and some gold", or "lose a building and some people." It happens a lot less often and involves a choice so it isn't anywhere near as annoying. If the rain ruining my books/armor/etc happened at the same rate as that or gave me what felt like an actual option it'd be a lot less irksome.

This, at least, is not limited to Africa. I got this event in my current run as the Mongols.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Can you do Peaceful and Bloodthirsty Gods?

You cannot.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If anything, stopping the 'my concubine is pregnant but I was away, wasn't I' spam would be worth the patch alone.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

snoremac posted:

Any tips on how to sway electors towards my favoured successor?

Just make them like you. That gives them a fairly large bonus because 'I trust the judgement of a ruler I like'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Has anyone ever reformed a pagan religion and not picked Temporal Leadership? I can see no real reason to pick any of the other ones.

If you pick ancestor worship with temporal, you can never have a previous character become an ancestor worthy of veneration, and as such have to marry those bloodlines into yours. It is very annoying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If nothing else, I'm excited for the mod possibilities.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I doubt this game has driven anyone to incest, rape, or murder.

It's significantly more plausible that this game has driven people into racist subcultures, especially when those subcultures already take cues from the time period this game is set in.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You have all the time in the game to kill William's dynasty and get the land back, so the only real hard part is getting enough sons with your first character. Legitimized bastards do count, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I hope that CK3 has cool flavor events for non-norse pagans. They all kinda get the same set. Pick a personal god, join the warrior lodge and have to spend renown for a religion-specific bonus, etc.

Also I want Romuva and Hinduism to have some sort of flavor event if they ever come in contact, because if it's important enough for Wikipedia to mention it's important enough for this game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why even be a pagan if you're not gonna be leading armies yourself?

The warrior lodge gives you a leadership thing for a reason, and there's no real reason to not constantly be in a warrior lodge.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ilitarist posted:

First I thought you play as the head of the house now but it says you can create a house now so probably not. It sounded like it's more about dynasties so it would make more sense if player inheritance is not directly tied to primary title inheritance.

It also sounds like in many cases you won't be dynast and won't make actual decisions about dynasty development.

If you choose to start as the Dynast, you will probably remain as such as long as your house remains the strongest house in your dynasty.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

All DLCs are good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Randaconda posted:

what if it goes full JRPG and Charlemagne is now a willowy white haired teenager with a giant sword

That's completely off.

His hair is only partially white and his sword isn't that giant.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bleh. I am so glad that the Monarch's Challenges are only bronzeman, because I lost my first attempt at the newest one because I died in the Chess With Death event despite gaining three free points, while being one point away from one of the challenges and before I could inherit West Francia.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think it's an improvement over the current system, at least.

Taking rulership focus and hoping for a random event to give you just and not stressed isn't great.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

But if you don't land your heirs, then still have that annoying malus to your prestige for having a landless son!

How can you live without that .8 prestige per month?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I went into hiding a couple of times when I couldn't stop the plot because I was on elective and two of my electors were foreign and didn't like me so I'd lose a title cause they wouldn't vote for my kid.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, it's 'personal combat skill'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't that just an excommunited antipope lifting his excommunication when his liege pressed his claim?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I just assassinated random low-intrigue pagans.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

fuf posted:

don't think anyone posted the new dev diary:
https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/dev-diary-15-the-martial-lifestyle

I wonder how the Romance scheme works in relation to marriage acceptance. Seems like it would be annoying if you're in the middle of romancing someone and their liege suddenly marries them off to some random instead.

If my experience with mediocre fantasy romances has taught me anything, this is historically accurate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Since it feels like a fair bit of my late games as any decently large empire is either fighting off raiders or deciding not to fight off raiders because I have an actual war to win, I am very hopeful that these raiding changes make it less annoying to deal with.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

i love every part of this except jesus christ please change oriental to like literally anything else what the gently caress

Not an empty quote.

Man, if nothing else, this religion system is going to be wonderful for modders.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Light infantry are the best because they have the largest numbers are large numbers are cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Everything I hear about the religion system makes me want it more.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Get him depressed than have him kill himself.

Heck I think if you're old enough you can always kill yourself.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gently caress yeah.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think I'm gonna love playing in the new areas, since they seem to be dominated by a bunch of counts and count fights are my favorite part of CK2.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The reason most of your vassals hate you in the nomad challenge is simply because of the lack of prestige. Join the warrior lodge, wait for a 'raid this place' mission, and get enough prestige that everyone likes you again in one siege.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ships can hold 100 people per ship, so a stack of 25 ships can hold up to 2500 troops. You have to manually merge together fleets in order to get the numbers to properly count; if you that stack of 25 ships was instead a stack of 17 and a stack of 8, you could still hold a combined 2500 troops, but they'd have to be in a stack of 1700 and a stack of 800 in order to fit properly. Other than that, you just need to move the boats into the water near a shoreline the troops are in and then have the troops walk onto the boat.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Look Sir Droids posted:

The only truly annoying pop-ups I recall are when you have a tournament and 15 dudes get injured or killed and you have to click most unfortunate. I just want my vassal opinion buff.

There is a 'don't bother me with such trifles' button, but I'm not sure if it actually works.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know you can edit what shows up as a pop up vs. a note to the side with a noise vs. a note to the side with no noise, but I'm not sure if all events can be shut off like that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am excited for there actually being color coding and coat of arms on our little army people. I cannot wait to put people in the dumbest color combinations possible.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Scheming regencies sounds more fun than it probably would be. It would absolutely suck to lose a character early due to disease or something, have your preferred regent taken out by a high intrigue jerk, and then have them kill your entire family and ruin your realm while you're unable to stop them.

Everyone wants to be Simba returning to take over Scar's kingdom after he ruined it, but no one wants to be small child Simba at the mercy of King Scar.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Civ 2 was one of my first video games. I was, like, 8.

Paradox came later, naturally.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I don't know if Muslims can but I know it's not just a pagan thing. I was Jewish and I got the decision.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just checked my game and it shows up for me, so it's something on your end.

Also, bear in mind the 'must have 10 members' thing only applies if they do not publicly follow the African religion. If they do, they can always join assuming they're an adult that hasn't already pissed off the society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It increases your chances of picking good tactics and not picking bad ones. I think the breakpoints are 7 and 15?

And of course it increases your levy size but that doesn't require you to lead armies.