Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Also make it a text- and screenshot-based LP, because -- shocker -- this text, chart, and map-based game does not lend itself well to video at all.

I started working on one many years ago (EU3 heydey), and then realized that it was an enormous amount of work, and very few people were going to want to read a text/screenshot LP of me loving around with Kanem Bornu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i just looked on steam and it said it'll be released in '23 hours' of this post

Sounds about right, since it should be about 9 or 10am Pacific on the 13th.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Same. I want to check out the new trade routes.

I really want to see how much crazy money merchant republics can make now.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

How are the animal kingdoms going to work marriage/education-wise, I wonder? Like, can I make a duck who thinks he's a bear?

Assuming there isn't any kind of marriage prevention code in the new common/cultures/99_animals.txt (there isn't in the current version), you can make any combination you want.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And it's out

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

Is it? Steam updated CK2, but it won't install the DLC, and the store page for it still says it'll unlock in less than an hour. At least for me.

I haven't tried playing (since I'm at work), but the title screen comes up with 3.0.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lol, I guess seeing it update to 3.0 was a little premature. Looks like the DLC did download while I was in that last meeting, so yeah it's officially out out.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Haven't played in a while, just started a new Holy Fury game and this stumped me:

As Matilda of Tuscany, I married a claimant to Milan, pressed his claim, and won. In the meantime, I've got 2 daughters and a son from him, and switched inheritance to ag/cog Elective Monarchy. However, I am unable to nominate any of my children to Tuscany. Why is that?

Are they your dynasty?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Yes, married matrilineally.

He is also a count in my duchy, and heir to Milan (as planned).

Is he in your court? It's possible that it won't let him be an heir if he's not in your court.

Elective changed so much in the patch that it's hard to say what the issue would be.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like they were serious about getting rid of the tribal_invasion CB for non-tribals. It was already pretty limited in that you had to be pagan and be a part of a couple of different culture groups, but now it's either be tribal or have elective gavelkind. Or I guess be the head of the Aztec Empire / Mongol Empire ...

code:
or = {
        is_tribal = yes
        primary_title = {
                has_law = succ_elective_gavelkind
        }
        has_landed_title = e_mongol_empire
        has_landed_title = e_mexikha
}

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like the Indian Subjugation CB is broken if you're a horde culture. The other CBs have been updated with the appropriate OR clause, but that one still expects you to be able to use the Tribal Invasion CB.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

There are new 50 piety nomadic horde options for every religion group. They look pretty good, especially now that the prestige light cavalry options have an offensive debuff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

The only piety option I'm seeing for nomads are light cavlary / horse archer mix which is garbage if tactics haven't been changed at all. Maybe you're talking about tribals? They have some new options, but again if tactics haven't been changed the light infantry / light cavalry one should blow all the others away. What do you mean by offensive debuff though? I'm not seeing anything about that in the game or the patch notes. Not that it would matter, the raid tactic is so good.

Spoilers don't work with code blocks, so scroll past this post if you don't want to see details.

Here is the base 25 prestige horde for example:
code:
HORDE_RETTYPE_CAV1 = 
{
        first_type = 3
        first_amount = 250

hire_cost = 25
        costs_prestige = yes

maintenance_multiplier = 0.50

potential = {
                is_nomadic = yes
        }

modifier = {
                light_cavalry_defensive = 0.5
                light_cavalry_offensive = -0.3
        }
}
And the new Dharmic religion one:

code:
HORDE_RETTYPE_EASTERN =
{
        first_type = 0
        first_amount = 125
        second_type = 3
        second_amount = 125

special_troops = horse_archers

hire_cost = 50
        costs_piety = yes

maintenance_multiplier = 0.25

potential = {
                is_nomadic = yes
                religion_group = indian_group
        }
        modifier = {
                light_infantry_offensive = 0.25
                light_infantry_defensive = 0.5
                light_cavalry_defensive = 0.5
                light_cavalry_offensive = -0.3
        }
}
Here is the Jewish one:

code:
HORDE_RETTYPE_JEWISH =
{
        first_type = 3
        first_amount = 125
        second_type = 1
        second_amount = 125

special_troops = horse_archers

hire_cost = 50
        costs_piety = yes

maintenance_multiplier = 0.25

potential = {
                is_nomadic = yes
                religion_group = jewish_group
        }
        modifier = {
                heavy_infantry_defensive = 0.25
                light_cavalry_defensive = 0.75
        }
}
As you can see, light cavalry gets a big defensive boost, and on all but a couple of them get an offensive debuff. The Jewish one is one of the few that doesn't.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Walton Simons posted:

Looks like all the feudal rulers are under gavelkind, guessing this is due to the 769 start and some will switch to primo eventually?

One of the options is that you can force the starting succession method, so it's possible you set it to gavelkind for all.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

So I've hit 100% Legend with the warrior lodge and uh, is something supposed to happen? It's been there for a while and the description implies something should happen.

Didn't the patch notes say you can call a Battle Royale and if you win you end up with a legendary bloodline?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Palemdromes posted:

Do all pagans get warrior lodges, or just Africans?

Everyone but the Aztecs.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I feel like you want either Unyielding or Proselytizing so that the AI will try to convert people of other religious groups. Unyielding will only try to convert if that ruler has a high Zeal, while Proselytizing will always try to convert other religions.

Once you start to expand out of your initial Pagan zone into the Christian/Muslim/Indian regions, you want your AI buddies to try and convert people so your new religion spreads more. Those are the only two Natures where they will try to convert non-pagans.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like there's too many game rules to deal with sometimes, like they need subcategories to keep them in line rather than scrolling through the whole list every time. And I wish I could keep sunset invasion off by default.

You can save/load your favorite combinations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I really wish there was a way to join random wars. I noticed there is a revolt going on to put the last Merovingian back on the throne, but I can't join it because I'm playing a Norse guy. Karloman only has 1k troops (he got absolutely destroyed when he tried attacking Hispania), so I've been raiding everything of his I can, but it's still taking forever for the revolt to progress. Last I checked it was around 30%, but they only have around 3k troops, so I'm worried that if Karloman gets enough money for some mercs that he'll win handily.

At least I've made an absolute poo poo ton of money+prestige from all of the raiding. Ragnar may only be 6 years old, but he's already the most prestigious Norseman alive.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

big dyke energy posted:

Aha! Thanks all for the answers (I didn't realize you could turn off ai reformation, oops). Hope Saxony is ready to eat poo poo.

Also, if any of the normal Western European pagans reforms, it adds a big boost to MA for all other pagans, to try and encourage multiple reformations. I haven't seen it yet, but I've only played a couple of hours so far with the new patch.

Dongattack posted:

Anyone gotten the raiding specific bloodline and know roughly how much raiding you have to do to unlock it? I've raided way more than that pissbitch Ragnar Lodbrok ever did and he got one! IVE SACKED ROME THREE TIMES :bahgawd:

Jokes on him tho, i forcibly vassalised him in my game, married him to my sister that gave him three varyingly degrees of useless daughters and no sons, hehehe.

200 from the time you get the Viking trait. It takes 100 to get to Sea King/Queen, so another 100 on top of that.

There are some events where you can get +4 or +5 to credit, I think they are the ones that pop up as you pillage something and it asks if you want to burn it down. Still a bunch of holdings to raid though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jedit posted:

Raiders seem to be bugged right now. I got a stack in my capital, immediately sent them out towards Infidel Land, but they deserted before they even got there.

Every 30 days from the time you get the troops there will be a check to see if they are raiding. If they are raiding when that check happens, everything is fine. If 122 days go by and they still haven't been raiding when the check happens, that's when they get disbanded and you lose half a year's income.

I don't think they are useful in Africa past the first decade or so of consolidation. It takes too long to get them to someone else's land, so it's definitely something focused around being able to toss them in some boats and drop them off in Ireland or whatever.

Something interesting I noticed while looking at the event though. If you have the bloodline that gives extra raiding troops, you can spawn up to 15k raiders. Normally it's only up to 9k, which is already a lot, but 15k is just crazy large.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Ah hmmm, I'm Jorvik, so I guess I need to reform Germanic first. However I noticed I can build castles from scratch, make that the county capital. Bit more pricey.

Jorvik starts as feudal already, so all you need to do is get the level 4 hillfort in a tribe, and then ensure the province is your religion. You don't need to reform the faith if you're already feudal.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Hellenism is actually pretty blessed on the society department. Normally, you either follow a non-pagan faith and get a monastic order and access to the Hermetics (Catholics get two monastic orders, Muslims don't get a monastic order, but can interact more naturally with the Assassins), or you get a warrior lodge as a pagan faith (Zunists and Taoists also get access to the Hermetics). Most faiths also can join the devil worshipers.

But Hellenism actually has a warrior lodge, a monastic order, a satanist cult and access to the Hermetics. It's the only faith that has access to all four types of societies (not counting the Assassins).

They also get Zodiac traits that reshuffle stats slightly, but I don't think they have any additional events associated with them.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Someone left some build artifacts in the published CK2 Steam install...

code:
~/Steam/Crusader Kings II $ cat "00_GET CK EXE.bat" 
@echo off
SETLOCAL enabledelayedexpansion
REM Set config variables here
SET project=CK2
SET exe_folder=ck2_RD.exe

REM Figure out highest build number for this branch
FOR /D %%G in ("\\samba-prod-01\buildserver\binaries\%exe_folder%\jenkins-%project%-Release_D-Windows-*") do (
  SET "FN=%%~nG"
  SET "FN=!FN:jenkins-%project%-Release_D-Windows-=!"
  if !FN! GTR !max! set max=!FN!
)
REM Check if we are being run in the game folder
SET p=%~p0%
for %%p in (.) do SET folder=%%~np
IF "%folder%"=="game" (
	SET destination="."
) ELSE (
	SET destination="./game"
)
REM Do the copy
robocopy \\samba-prod-01\buildserver\binaries\!exe_folder!\jenkins-!project!-Release_D-Windows-!max!\ !destination! ck2_RD.pdb ck2_RD.exe ck2_RD.ilk *.dll
echo Highest version was: jenkins-!project!-Release_D-Windows-%max%
pause

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

big dyke energy posted:

Aaah it happened AGAIN, these morons keep trying to usurp my wife's throne for me. I DON'T WANT DENMARK YOU TURDS. This time she called me into the war, so she doesn't have an opinion malus against me.

Oh and I've been getting crazy poo poo like this:

for ten years but I haven't seen Aztecs invade at all.

If you're getting those events the Aztec spawned, but there is probably the old bug where they are stuck on their boats offshore. If you search for the Aztec title it should show you where the emperor is.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I didn't realize Ireland got more holdings now. I wonder if it's still possible to do the Dublin -> Crusade -> Jerusalem route just by showing up with some dudes and sieging land while the doomstack is elsewhere.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Roman culture retinues are pretty goddamn amazing.

400 pike
150 heavy infantry

The pikes get a +20% boost to offense/defense, and a +40% morale boost
The HI get a +25% boost to offense/defense, and a +20% morale boost

Roman culture also gets the Italian pike cultural tactic, which gives +200% pike offense, and +20% HI offense.

A Roman cultured merchant republic is now my new plan for the next game.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Has anyone checked if you can reform Rome with hellenism as your religion now? Before it was locked to just orthodox and maybe catholic I believe, I know I tried to do it with an orthodox heresy once and had to flip religions quick to be able to take the decision.

Christian or Hellenic:

code:
or = { 
        religion_group = christian 
        religion = hellenic_pagan 
        religion = hellenic_pagan_reformed
}

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Palemdromes posted:

Someone asked about Basques and the Reconquista. The culture description definitely says they can, but I haven’t found a way to do it yet, even starting as navarra. Is it normally in the intrigue screen? Or via right click on yourself? Or right click on the target?

It's an intrigue decision. All Iberian cultures can do it if they are Christian, so you'll see it in there if you're an independent duke+

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Pretty sure people dying of natural causes in prison count too

It does.

I have a guy that I'm getting close to 200 kills on, and a large number of them were un-ransomable people who died in prison while waiting for their turn in the blót

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

Something odd I noticed looking at the file for the various reformation choices. Many of the natures seem to set conversion priorities in a rather undesirable way, if the settings behave the way that the 00_religions says.

Specifically, religions have ai values for "convert other groups" and "convert same groups," to determine whether the AI will attempt to convert people of the same and other opinion groups. These can be 2 (AI rulers always attempt to convert), 1 (They attempt if their 'zeal' parameter is high), or 0 (never try.) In the base game, the only people who have convert other groups at 0 are unreformed pagans, and nobody has convert same group at 0.

Of the new reformed natures, though. Only the proselytizing nature sets both parameters to 2. Defensive sets both parameters to 1. And Peaceful, Warlike, Dogmatic, and Cosmopolitan all set the convert_other parameter to 0, which seems...crippling, for AI rulers never even to try to convert conquered territory of non-pagan faiths. I mean, even Jains are convert_same 1, convert_other 2.

I haven't fully tested if that's how they behave in practice, though. My first hellenic reformation game I picked proselytizing. My second I picked warlike, and while it's true that none of my vassals are converting anything, that's complicated by another bug which means they barely have any council members appointed due to a lack of women in their courts.

Has anybody else noticed their reformed pagan vassals under peaceful/warlike/dogmatic/cosmopolitan converting provinces? Or not doing so?

Yep, it makes everything but Proselytizing and Unyielding (religion_defensive) a trap. I think Proselytizing is probably the best, as I've had a number of independent pagan rulers offer to have me sponsor their conversion. I'm guessing it's a random thing, but it feels like having Proselytizing should make those requests more likely. It certainly does make it more likely to convert provinces/characters in your own realm.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

got me that trade contract

What culture are you using for your republics?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Most (all?) plots can't fire until there are at least three plotters. Invite more people.

One of the murder bloodlines has a description that claims to let you plot by yourself, but I haven't tested it yet.

e: Yep, HF.24113 has a 3000 month MTTH (can drop as low as 25.8 months with modifiers) to manually execute him yourself if you have the correct murder bloodline. The success of it has a pretty big modifier based upon how much more combat rating you have, in addition to the usual intrigue score.

binge crotching fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 23, 2018

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

zebez posted:

Only major DLC you don't want is the Sunset Invasion one.

Would you say it took away your ability to feel human?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

I remember the thread title being "I accidentally ate my pregnant wife", caused by a guy's rival switching the satanist orgy buffet subject to a dude's wife, but I also recall that wasn't the only way that could happen- anyone remember or know how?

It was possible to eat random courtiers when you lock the gates during a disease outbreak. There would be an event eventually that would have one of your courtiers (possibly only ones with gluttonous?) eating the last of the rations. You could put meat back on the menu if you wanted.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The wolf is the warrior lodge martial trait, never seen the bomb

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

TomViolence posted:

so i did finally murder my way through all of christendom and depose the excommunicated queen of jerusalem

then, thinking, well gently caress, i worked for this coronation, let's pull out all the stops and spend 600 gold on it, even if it does send me into debt for a while, it's all good

and then:

:negative:

:owned:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You shouldn't need council approval to give away titles. Right click a kinsman and select "grant landed title" or something like that.

There is a council setting that requires you to get their approval to give away titles. One of the first ones you should clean up if possible, but while you're still tribal you're locked into it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I need to do that fully random world achievement sometime. I haven't even touched the random world stuff, I keep getting distracted by the warrior lodges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

The Roman reformation bloodline is pretty lovely.

Free +5 opinion is nothing to sneeze at. It's not much, but all the little +5s add up. I think Augustus gives +10, Born in the Purple gives +5, being the leader of the Hellenic church gives some, etc. It doesn't take that long to stack the modifiers to the point where everyone loves you from the moment your ruler takes power.