Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
drat I finally caught up again

Now I'm stuck waiting for updates at neet speed like you suckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Sprue posted:

Welcome welcome. I look forward to the 15 daily fresh posts, watching the number slowly climb everytime I open the app throughout the day but waiting til I'm lying down in bed at the end of the day to crack open the thread and take a long cold sip of neet *aaaahhh~*

*Sip*

Yep

He sliced that salami well

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Stinkin Thinkin

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Mr. Lobe posted:

No really though, this thread is great

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
This comic is incredible for feeling better about your own indecisiveness

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

I think it could be a good thing, like breaking from the spiraling line of thought earlier

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Devils Affricate posted:

Let's vote!

Will NEET become brainwashed by the cult? https://strawpoll.com/polls/2ayLWNKxqZ4

pokemon goku the polls

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Kin Sake posted:

This time it really was in Spanish [well, technically, Italian]! (I think...)

Some earnest thoughts about neet life.

I've spent a great deal of my 20's underemployed, sometimes going months at a time without any work at all. If you aren't sitting at home all day gaming and posting, the freedom really is incredible. The problem really is just that not everyone has it - I found myself feeling a deep loneliness a lot of the time, as most of my friends were stuck in the same wage slavery that rules nearly everyone. Freedom from work doesn't mean as much if no one else gets to enjoy it with you. You also wind up a bit alienated from working people, since you can't relate to the grind of working life from personal experience.

Public spaces become really eerie as well. The deserted public spaces, what few of them are made for actual social enjoyment and not just extracting profit from people, are uncomfortably quiet and empty a lot of the time. Where is everyone? At work, their lives being ground away into nothing. But what is happening to your life, you the one lucky enough not to be doing that? Well the tendency is to just kind of float, feeling a strange malaise as you struggle to direct your own time and have no one to enjoy wasting it with.

I guess my grand insight is, everybody should work way less. Life should be easier. Deep poo poo I know.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Best fuckin timeline, let's GO

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

RBA Starblade posted:

"Let me get this straight. You think it's ok not to work?"
"I do and I'm tired of pretending it's not."

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Can't wait until he gets a couple DMs and funds himself lost in his own thoughts debating why exactly he did this and what good it would do to reply

Sincerely, I can't wait for that

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Mix. posted:

neet discovers the concept of parasocial relationships

he then immediately forgets it when he's introduced to vtubers

200 panels of neet contemplating the nature of his relationship to a vtuber and then ultimately giving her money anyways

:letsgo:

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Devils Affricate posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just the weather girl

Didn't stop her from cashing those neet cheques

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

big cummers ONLY posted:

Tia have you ever considered downloading yourself into a body I've constructed from spare arcade machine parts????

Suddenly the NEET author snaps and we're treated to a panel by panel retelling of weird science

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’m so sick of this chatbot storyline. I guess it’s no surprise that the arc is ending on something like this

I'm not the biggest fan either. I wish he would look at some leaves or think about shrimp or something

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

A Terrible Person posted:

Yeah, I am just a lurker but you all have been consistently providing great translation (and notes!) for a tiny audience that really really appreciates your work.

Thank you!

:emptyquote:

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
I appreciate how completely reprehensible and disgusting this character is. Just irredeemable filth

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Honestly a pretty cute amd gratifying ending, all things considered :)

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Quoting this for later, I've been reading for like 2 years now the least I can do is toss a couple buxx his way

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

CyprianLatewood posted:

I don't think this usually works out too well. SA isn't the easiest place to understand even if you're a native english speaker, it's kind of a weird social dynamic to throw someone into and they usually end up getting banned.

Or skeeved out. RIP kate beaton

afaik she wasn't actually so creeped out she left, she just got bored

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

big cummers ONLY posted:

His brother didn't make it out of the burning house because he spent his final moments crawling to the computer and deleting all of EvilNeet's characters

Insane priorities, but still I pray it's true

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Really happy for our boy in this timeline :unsmith:

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

A completely irredeemable human being, I love it

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

projecthalaxy posted:

He's so cool. He's like if a Punisher window sticker was a guy

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm DONE with telling my relatives I'm going to kill them, back to Gamin'

lmao

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
In awe at the revulsion I can feel from a one dimensional webcomic character. Stunned by the disgust I have for this man

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

jemand posted:

Curious if she actually kinda wants him to hit the wall and regress because it'll keep her feeling needed, and also then she can be "correct" about him not being up to it.

Rooting for Neet to do great and get his own place soon.

Yeah I'm hoping Our Boy has supportive parents who just blew it on inspiring self-sufficiency rather than some kinda desperate desire to feel needed. Here's hoping

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Im behind but I just want to say, completely changing my mind about this guy. Masterful play

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

hydroceramics posted:

I think its great that Daisuke can see reactions to this kind of thing years after he published it on a completely different continent. I wish he would post more lmao I want to know what he thinks of what we think.

It's a dangerous game though. Ultimately an authour should never give a gently caress about what their readers think and just go for it, you don't want your fans to wind up being editors

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm starting to think big sis doesn't have a plan at all, you guys

Yeah I can't imagine a dude who could have bestgore open in another tab to see if his house fire is getting any views will be too devastated by anything she says

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Yeah she didn't have a plan besides log on and talk trash

irredeemable filth stays winning

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

big cummers ONLY posted:

He's a fragile enough guy that he might get triggered. But idk I was hoping for a plan like in the last season of Breaking Bad when all the people in jail get got

I at least thought she'd get ahold of a high level character and wreck him. Mean IMs won't do jack poo poo to this guy

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Nettle Soup posted:

It's gonna end up with the two of them realising they're soul mates, ditching the nerdy girl and hanging out in his grandparents living room.

:kimchi:

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
I'm sorry I ever doubted her, this is like putting the pocketwatch under a rear tire in the digital age

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

projecthalaxy posted:

ban big sis for helldumping imo

loving tragic seeing her sink to his level

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Mr. Lobe posted:

She hasn't taken a boxcutter to her sister's arm yet tho

Not yet

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Space Kablooey posted:

sorry i ever doubted her trolling skills

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Umbreon posted:

He isn't going to do poo poo to her lol, he's 100% the kind of guy who crumbles the moment you show you will actually fight back

That's not what happened with his brother though

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Trust The Plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

kiminewt posted:

Thank you for continuing the censorship redraws, Brother Make