Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnwVvXkWq0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

really? let me try: "procedurally generated"

This one right here is my least favorite.

Especially when they for some reason release platformers with it. Thinking about something like Celeste but the levels are randomly built instead of properly crafted. A fate worse than death for this guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey is this song in the Crash Team Racing trailer a CTR song or is it a new song for the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr2BCMRk_xc

I find it catchy. I want the song gimme the song

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1072131523267125248

Hey CDPR, have him go through a portal to Smash. He can replace Marth or something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CELESTE IS GOOD AS HELL

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does anyone know where I can find a good Night in the Woods art print?? The official store has some good shirts but otherwise :shrug:

Dear anyone making a video game with merch: Please have a decent poster or print with the whole cast. I don't want anyone left out.

I found a great little print that had Mae and Gregg but it didn't have Bea or Angus! Unacceptable

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm glad that Drake saved gaming

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Two years? I'd be surprised if he's still popular in 6 months.

Haven't heard about pewdiepie or logan paul in months, thank jeebus.

Uh I mean, PewDiePie still has 75 million subscribers, he just hasn't said the N word recently. Logan Paul has 18 million subcribers, and is still uploading videos, the most recent one at 1.4 million views.

Saying the N word and showing an actual corpse from someone who hung themselves hasn't really mattered

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'll say this about Fortnite, as someone who isn't interested in playing it at all: it has really really really good marketing. The trailer at the Game Awards for the ice... thing was very fun even if I don't want to actually play the game. The thing where objects from the game's map were being teleported out of the game and being put into the real world is such a fun thing. They know what they're doing when it comes to marketing the game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

there is one thing that is kind of cool about fortnite and that is that they're constantly changing it, and not like for the better or necessarily for the worse, just loving it up and making it weird. like for a couple weeks there will just be a loving cube rolling around the world destroying things, and fighting near the cube gives you certain advantages, and then cube rolled into the lake and turned it into bouncy jello, before ultimately enchanting the island and making it float into the sky, and also certain areas that the cube rolled over are now cursed with shadow energy and make you temporarily invisible, and then the island broke into pieces and the pieces started slowly flying over the map, and now half the map is covered in snow and there are airplanes.

people are always talking bullshit about Games As A Service, but fortnite is the only game that justifies it with how often and how weirdly they update it

like what the gently caress is this poo poo, its so dumb but its going to be part of the game for a few weeks lmao
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1072621959672942597

This is what I'm talkin about, it's cool that they are doing constantly doing things like this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why does this hellish tiny muscle demon refuse to wear socks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is the monkey's paw response to all the complaints about Sonic Boom's redesign

https://twitter.com/mfisherdraws/status/1072682742888976385

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 12, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

axelblaze posted:

I was just randomly thinking: what's everyone's favorite game that they don't think they'll ever actually beat? For me it's probably Thumper. I pretty much adore everything about that game but it is so god damned hard and so amazingly intense that I can't see myself ever actually finishing it.

This isn't exactly what you're asking but: I am no good at Splatoon and don't really enjoy playing it. However I think Splatoon is one of the most fun stylish IPs Nintendo has come up with in a long time. I'm glad it exists because I just adore the style that game has, the music is cool, Pearl and Marina are cool, what a cool game Nintendo has made that I don't play. I hope Splatoon continues to have success

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Waluigi has no place in Smash, or anywhere for that matter, I'm glad Joker stole his invitation and now Waluigi is forced to be homeless

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

To be fair, Ariana Grande owns and she should cameo in more video games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That looks better than the two other posters were making it seem. Sonic really needs to put on some socks though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Did someone say Lancer???

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

????

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hell yeah then

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

All other newspaper comic strips bow the gently caress down to Nancy.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lucy is such a hack

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shout out to Celeste which I have played through for the 4th time this year. Also should out to the Nintendo Switch, god's perfect console

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Barudak posted:

Ok, Ori and the Blind Forest, you are an unrecommendable game. There are 0 people who will enjoy both halves of your gameplay who would not be better served buying any game thay focuses exclusively on the half they like.

Man I don't get this at all. I absolutely adore Ori

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Night in the Woods is perfect, like Yoshi's Island

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

December's game of the month is Celeste again

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Any scene with both Jenks and the one old guy who runs the school program or whatever is solid gold.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish this dude wasn't a huge piece of poo poo because he's a talented as hell animator.

Also: Stonecutters remix in Smash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kirby invented vore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Infinitum posted:

What happens if Kirby puts on the Super Crown? :thunk: