Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I fuckin' did Sgail SASO blind. It sucked, took like two and a half hours, and was loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think three of the new maps are excellent and two are pretty good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think Sgail is probably my favorite Hitman map of all time, tbh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Couldn't even figure out a way to get Mann alone so I had to figure out how to get into the vault and escape with the data core that of course makes the entire map suspicious to preserve my SA.

Good map.

Arist fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 25, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Funky Valentine posted:

I have no idea how to start the heist mission story.

Christ, I found those two robbers in the bathroom and totally forgot about it until this post!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Veotax posted:

Turns out it fits in a briefcase, there is one on the same floor as the vault. Real easy to sneak out

That's weird! But I eventually found the armored car key next to the sleeping guard so I just took the exit right next to the vault, lol.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They also said it would still have humor so this is a massive overreaction.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's multiple levels in Silent Assassin and Blood Money, they just don't move around.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really don't give a poo poo which launcher it is as long as my progress carries over and I don't have to like, re-buy the content from the old games

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll just get it on my PSpoor then lol

I wonder if unlocks would be tied to the io account or the actual save file though? I have Hitman 1 from PS+ or something on there.

Hitman 2 didn't even carry over Hitman 1's unlocks so...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gaius Marius posted:

Yes because I've bought at least one Chinese product in the past I should continue to support them. What a well made and intelligent point.

This is ridiculous because it's so impossible to actually enforce in your life making a huge stink about it honestly kind of comes off as racist. You can't "vote with your wallet" against loving China, so giving it undue emphasis is weird.

The Chinese government is loving terrible, don't get me wrong, but the way you're framing this is absurd.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My point is: one, that specifically hyperfixating on the CCP is loving weird, especially considering that a lot of the anti-China stuff in the games space these days is pretty racist.

Two, you don't actually seem to be doing anything else to divest yourself from China, you're just not downloading a games launcher you don't like.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm probably just getting worked up because the anti-EGS discourse is so loving awful and stupid, but it's weird to get all self-righteous about not downloading a games launcher, something it seems you already had no plans to do.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

repiv posted:

It just rings extremely hollow to me that EGS is the only thing where China's crimes seem to matter, almost as if it's not really about China but people are just mad that Steam isn't a monopoly anymore and want an excuse to be mad about it.

e.g. Tencent having a 40% stake in Epic is apparently a dealbreaker but their stakes in Bluehole/PUBG, Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile (80% ownership!), Actiblizzard, etc almost never come up.

It's incredibly dumb.

Anyway, yes, your progress and location unlocks are tied to your IOI account, so the launcher doesn't matter in terms of progress:

quote:

HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.

As an independent studio, our partnership with Epic has given us the freedom to create HITMAN 3 exactly as we imagined and self-publish the game to our players directly. It’s also important to us that we honour the time our existing PC players have spent in our previous games.

With that in mind, we are pleased to confirm that PC players will be able to carryover their current progression and unlocks from HITMAN 2 on Steam into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. It will also be possible for PC players to import locations from the previous two games into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. We want to make it a seamless process for our PC players to enjoy HITMAN 3 on a different PC platform and continue to enjoy the benefits of our World of Assassination.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gaius Marius posted:

I haven't bought a game from any of those companies in years. I own more games on GOG than I do on steam. Bringing up those companies would've been irrelevant to the conversation. The fact that you'd think I'm some sort of steam warrior instead of having true moral convictions is very sad.

Then I've got bad news for you about Steam

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The entire point is that people are selectively ignoring that there is no "good" platform in order to paint EGS as uniquely terrible, which plays into myths about there being a "good" way to participate in capitalism. Which, you know, was kind of the point of that original comic, that you can't actually do that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rookoo posted:

Are they making us buy/install standalone hitman 1 and 2 on the EGS to carry over progress and play the H1 and H2 maps in H3?

I can't remember how H2 handled it, was it a paid DLC that unlocked the maps based on your account progress/privileges, or did it check your steam library to see if you had 1 and 2 purchased?

Hitman 2 you just had to log into Hitman 1 on your IOI account. They've also already said progress will carry over between launchers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't see any reason not to trust IOI's statements here unless you already want to paint EGS in a worse light.

It's not a good storefront, but I'm still gonna buy the game because I enjoy Hitman.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rookoo posted:

Still not entirely clear on this, Is the account transfer from steam to the egs limited to unlocks? Will I have to repurchase 1 and 2 in the egs if I wanted to play the old maps through 3?

You will not.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not really a huge Bond fan but this has the potential to be great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I have a question,will Hitman 3 be a standalone game or is it a continuation like Hitman 2016 to 2018?

Just wondering about save transfers and stuff.

It's going to work the same way as 2 did, apparently. You will be able to transfer your save into it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like the "island villain lair" was honestly covered decently by Sgail in spirit if not in exact form, even if I wouldn't be opposed to them revisiting it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What do you guys think are the easiest/hardest missions to get SOSA on across both games?

I think Paris is pretty easy IIRC. Bangkok and Sgail were both nightmares to SOSA for me but I decided for some godforsaken reason to try to do both of those SOSA on my first run.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wrong thread

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Looking like they were unable to work out getting Hitman 2 on the platform in time. Might just switch to the PS5 version then, this sucks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

piratepilates posted:

so if I have hitman 1 and 2 on steam, and I don't want to play hitman 1/2 levels in hitman 3, what are the downsides to me getting hitman 3 through the EGS?

I'm not sure there are any. Harder to refund, I guess?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MorningMoon posted:

I got a similar question. Been wanting to get into Hitman for a while now, Wanna get 3 on ps4 (to play on 5 with vr) what would i need to get fo the full 1 and 2 experience?

I am a bit concerned that the review embargo is still up 3 days before launch?

Buy Hitman 1 base, and Hitman 2 Gold and you can get the full Access Passes for both of them in 3. Both of these are on sale until 3 releases for less than $20 each if you have PlayStation Plus.

Pirate Jet posted:

If you’re just starting with 3, then just wait for 3 to come out, install and launch it, and use the in-game store to buy the access packs for 1 and 2. That will almost certainly be cheaper than getting 1 and 2 beforehand unless they suddenly go on sale in the next five days.

They're actually both currently on sale!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

8 Eastern

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Again, I did Bangkok and Sgail SASO my first time and it was a loving nightmare.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I rebought the games on PS4 in preparation and immediately figured out a dirt-simple way to get SASO in Paris. Climb the drainpipes to the second floor, throw a coin by the techs to grab the fireworks remote, climb up to the third floor from there and activate the show, then push Dalia over the ledge onto Victor. SASOing Paris is kind of a joke, really.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Might just start the PS5 version and not bother with the progression carryover--I barely did anything in that version of H2 anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Managed to finish Dubai. Good map generally, it's a little annoying crossing between the two "halves" though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god, some of these challenges in Dubai... what? "Eliminate both targets with a single bullet using a sniper rifle." How do you even get them in the same room? :psyduck:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Flayer posted:

On the Dartmoor map I heavily advise stealing the private investigators outfit before he reaches the mansion. That was a very fun experience!

(Probably less fun when I do it all again after the H2 transfer works).

Just did this Mission Story and it was good but it's much easier to just sneak into the side hallway off the foyer through the window and grab him when he wanders over there before meeting with Alexa. If you let the PI meet Alexa, can you still do that story? It'd be pretty funny if if just locks you out of it because she knows what he looks like now.

Speaking of funny things, I solved the murder mystery correctly and asked for the case file, leading her to figure out who I was... but she decided I was there to help her, not kill her. And then after she unlocked the safe I pushed her over a railing. The perfect ruse!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Berlin is so cool, they're finally delivering on something I've been wanting since I got into this series

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Xanderkish posted:

Oooooh, do tell. I love hearing people say good things about a game I love.

Just the whole "your targets are rival assassins who are there to kill you" thing. Blood Money had a couple levels that dipped their toes into that space, but one of them is the Christmas party level where it's basically just there to freak you out if you fall into it and the other is A Dance With The Devil, which is just a terrible level. And then the only other time the series has done that is the loving nuns in Absolution. I wish they did a little more to hunt you in this game, but I understand that that would probably turn into a nightmare for the player as well as anyone tasked with scripting target behavior. Making it so that you have like ten targets in the map but you only have to kill five is a really smart way to handle it, too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can increase the size of interaction prompts (by a bit, they're not huge even at max size) and also increase the subtitle size.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chongqing took me two hours to beat, jeez.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anjow posted:

Perhaps I've missed something, but can anyone tell me why I'd pick fibre wire for my loadout other than for the challenges? Is it better than stabbing or shooting people?

I'm also suffering with the server status on PC - it disconnects at least every 5 minutes whilst I'm playing and it takes ages to open the load/save screens.

Fiber wire is quicker than subduing and lets you instantly transition into dragging the corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AdmiralViscen posted:

Just finished China. Am I going to have to do that whole last segment again every time I play it? That’s gonna get repetitive quick. Also kind of seems like you’d want to get the targets in the same order every time, too.

Only from the original starting location, so only the first time. If you pick a different starting location, you don't even have to do the last objective, so the order doesn't matter.