Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Neo_Crimson posted:

Woolie trying desperately to railroad Reggie into the same Dex Regen build he had on his own play-through, even though Reggie said repeatedly he wants to be a wizard, is probably the biggest flaw of that LP yeah.

That's really lovely. I never played any of the Soulsborne games, but don't they allow for wizards and such? Should've let Reggie be the class he wanted to be and then work around that instead.

A good poster posted:

What are the odds Woolie and V don't even get to Yokohama before their 13 hours of paid gameplay time in Yakuza Like a Dragon are up?

What's this about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I wonder what kind of cop Woolie and Reggie are going to be in Disco Elysium

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

hunt: showdown

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Hunt Showdown is PvEvP.

You go in with the goal of defeating a boss or two and successfully extracting with their bounties. However there are other people (singles, duos, or trios) trying to do the same as well. There are zombies and special zombies littered throughout the map that you also have to deal with.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Crytek Austin wanted it to be like L4D but they got shutdown, so the property went over to Crytek Germany and that's when it became a battle royale. It's a fun, tense game and while I would love another L4D-like game, I'm happy with the bayou royale.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I don’t know why Pat decided to play that on the hard difficulty with iron man mode on. Should’ve done normal (if that’s possible, I never played it). It would’ve been nice to see him get further

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol Woolie’s getting a little miffed that his moderate tendencies are getting called out by DE.

Link or timecode? I would love to see that

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Oh that's perfect. I've seen pictures of that convo before but it's nice seeing Woolie get told that. Also, who the gently caress taught Woolie about nazbols?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Tae posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CredulousSweetSaladDoubleRainbow

Clip of Woolie reading the spoilers before Pat texted him and told him it's against TOS

drat, already gone

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Woolie the coward savescumming in Disco

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus/clip/SassyEasyCiderNinjaGrumpy-v7YDbaEpWiLSd_2I

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Man, I went from Tipping 40s to SBFP after the former stopped. And then SBFP stopped and I haven't been able to find another group like that. Such a shame.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

lmao, I'm watching the latest Disco Elysium vid from Woolie on youtube and it's titled "The Pale?!" and at this point, he thinks that Joyce is a flat earther

theCalamity fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 14, 2021

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1416181149248991233?s=20

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1416199741197651968?s=20

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I REALLY hope either a fan or Pat hires someone to do compilations for his Mass Effect runs. at the very least a clip compilation of all the poo poo flying apart and breaking all the time.

and things like this:
https://clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableDoubtfulQuailPanicBasket-EGvGA2PtDD99Gf2l

One thing I hated about ME2 and ME3 is that the spacebar was the "do everything" button. You can sprint, take cover, vault, and interact with things all with the spacebar with no official way to keybind those functions to other buttons.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I started watching Dokapon Kingdom and I’m on episode 5. The fact that Woolie, who is in first place by far, is so very salty because Reggie, who is flatlining at the bottom, escaped death once is perfect. Talked so much poo poo, but one thing doesn’t go his way and he shuts the gently caress up lmao

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Got a question for his Elden Ring playthrough. Does he ever realize that his runes get taken while in Stormveil Castle?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Overlord K posted:

In the podcast Woolie said that Reggie is actually going to play ME1, he's picking up after that.

Reggie is only going to play ME1 and not 2 and 3?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Started watching some of the Mass Effect stream. Reggie completely missing Sovereign was hilarious. For parts like that, where the game wants you to see certain things, Woolie should just straight up tell him to look at the thing. I know he tried, but he was pretty passive about it... which is understandable given his history of LPs

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The Mass Effect LP is demonstrating that Reggie must be in control for 2 and 3, as well. The grooming comment is just... wow. This is amazing

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I've been replaying the series in the last few weeks. It certainly has a lot of slavery and genocide apologia.

ME3 has it bright spots, but overall it's not good. It's not bad, either. There aren't as many dialogue options. No Krogan squadmate. The beginning is pretty underwhelming, especially with them trying to get players to sympathize with the kid who dies at the beginning. Can't even move around your ship until after Mars. The overall story really pushes the "Humans are special" theme they want. The game assumes that the player cares about Earth even though we have no relation to it outside of living on it in the real world. We've got to go to Earth in the games before. And then the main goal for much of the game is getting all of the civilizations to come to Earth since it's being ravaged by the Reapers even though all of their homeworlds are being destroyed by the Reapers. For some reason, Earth is important because humans are supposedly special. And the Reapers park the Citadel in Earth's orbit for some reason. Literally no reason for that.

But there are some bright spots. Seeing the characters move around the ship after certain missions and interacting with each other is great and something that I wished was in the previous games. Having them be all over the Citadel when you dock is great, as well. And Citadel is the best dlc this series has and it's amazing. It's a great send off for these characters.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Dabir posted:

I've made two attempts to watch Woolie's first Mass Effect episode and I just can't get through it. It's not them, it's the game, it's shocking how loving boring it is right off the jump. Oh boy, the Americans are in space, everyone's racist and we respect the troops. gently caress off. Bioware was never good.

Lol wait until you see Mass Effect 2 where you are forced to work for a human supremacist organization

Shame on BioWare for not realizing that we just want to hang out with our alien buddies

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Everything about the resurrection of Shepard in two makes so much more sense when you learn that the original plan was for the Geth to do it.

The reactions people have to it (like the council being reluctant was meant to be that you’re working with the Geth, instead of just a Human Supremacist organisation you can refute at every possible moment).

I had no idea it was originally going to be the geth and it makes a lot more sense

Especially with Legion having a piece of your armor grafted onto them

The Cerberus stuff was the dumbest. Every atrocity they committed is written off as "it was a rogue scientist" which calls into question why they keep hiring rogue scientists

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Even better Legion has recorded voice lines for stuff he literally cannot participate in because he was meant to be your first squad member. Like the Councillors calling harbinger a Geth ship.

Liara was also meant to be more directly involved in Project Lazarus (which she is anyway, she retrieved Shepard’s body).

Oh man, what we could've had instead of Yoomanity

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

James Vega? Just another boring human

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

This is after Woolie meets EDI for the first time

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Woolie checks to see where the objective is. It's where Cathka is

Literally every single person he talks to: Talk to Cathka to get this thing going

Woolie talks to Cathka

poo poo starts happening

Woolie: I didn't think it was progress!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm having the same frustration rewatching Woolie play Silent Hill 2, where he refuses to stomp downed enemies because he somehow got the idea that Pyramid Head will follow the bloody footprints.

lmao

Woolie has such a beautiful mind. It's hard to watch the Death Stranding video because he insists on following the waypoint line as straight as much as possible instead of using it as a guide. Seen him try to climb over cliffs when there is an easier path literally right next to it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

lmao Woolie made a Decision in yesterday's ME2 stream and I can't wait to see how he reacts to events in ME3

Maelon is dead and the genophage data was erased. As far as I know, if the data is erased, Eve dies

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Man, I’m hoping that Woolie keeps this up for ME3. He’s gonna spend the majority of the krogan arc being best buddy with Wrex and getting to know Eve. Then he’ll side with the dalatrass because he wouldn’t want to lose Salarian support which means he’ll have to kill Mordin if he survived the Suicide Mission. If the genophage isn’t cured then Wrec is gonna come knockin for Blue

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

Woolie didn't kick the guy out the window because he thought it might have been Thane in disguise ahhhhhhhhhhhh

It would be awesome if they allowed you to just push a squad mate out the window like that, but man, Woolie. My guy. What a brain

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I can't wait for the Suicide Mission. I hope he doesn't make it through with everyone alive as a fluke. I'll probably tune in live for that one, but also probably won't given that I know he's going to spend half an hour on each decision

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I like the Suicide Mission in concept and in ME2 but I think thematically and logistically, they should’ve kept it for ME3.

Accounting for all of the death combinations in ME2 had to have been hell and nerve wracking.

Thematically, a suicide mission to defeat the Reapers once and for all fits better than a suicide mission to defeat their cannon fodder. Of course, the story would need to be reworked for both and changes would need to be made.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Get you someone who looks at you the same way Reggie looked at Samara

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I will say, calling Synthetic Insights racist for not accepting a slave is loving hilarious

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/martinluiga/status/1576181520389193729?s=20&t=2zNKbIDJa_pPt0skOi0n-Q

The ZA/UM collective was disbanded, but the ZA/UM company is still in business. However, the lead artists and writers were forced out of the company.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Phantasium posted:

I forget the exact reason but they keep tagging his vods because of copyrighted music in the waiting screens, so he has to wait until the stream is over to archive it now after he's taken those parts out.

This is a recent thing, they were just archiving while he was streaming, before.

Can't he just not have the copyrighting music in the waiting screens in the first place? It sucks because sometimes, I can't tune into a stream until it's almost over so I have to wait a few hours until it shows up. Sometimes I had to wait a day.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Has he said why he doesn't do a patreon?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Woolie is starting the Shadowbroker DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

He got done with shadowbroker today. Just needs to go through the lore and logs. He doesn’t have anything left except the reaper IFF and the arrival DLC