Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Raenir Salazar posted:

Some variant rules I am considering:

Ideas for variant rules

1. Definitely run skill challenges. They are really fun for players and DMs.

2.If your players enjoy tracking things then try it. But be ready to quickly throw it out if it turns out to be not fun. In my experience it slows down play if you have too much additional systems at work.

Re: better/deadlier combat. Consider letting martial characters do a "heavy attack". They sacrifice hit chance up to their proficiency-bonus and get twice that value as a damage Bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I have dm'ed on and off for the last 4 years and I have never had a PC die on me. Maybe I'm just too nice with my encounter designs but it just does not feel right do make it too lethal. But if you have your players drain all of their spell slots, abilities and hit dice over a few fights and encounters and they beat the boss or whatever of the dungeon, that's the best thing i could hope for. I usually try to avoid too much combat and then have it pretty much back to back for the adventuring day. I introduce the enemy types of the dungeon and then drive up the difficulty.

If a 5th lvl party disposes of a group of goblins with 2 fireballs, that is still 2 spell slots gone, mission accomplished. The party will miss them dearly when the harder enemies come around.

We are currently in our fifth week of Out of the Abyss and I had to tone down a lot poo poo at the start of the campaign because it is not really thought out very well. I like the ideas of the campaign, but man is it rough around the edges.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

i had a relatively open world where the party was assisting a deposed and disgraced prince reclaim his land after a powerful wizard manipulated the memories of key court members to create a false event of the king committing atrocities. the party had to work as an elite unit to fight the enemy generals and commanders as the wizard sought to use the ancient relics hidden beneath the country to achieve never before seen levels of power. throughout the campaign their reputation of their fighting force was essential and they were sent on the most dangerous missions to be a symbol of hope for the resistance.

about halfway through, everything went to complete poo poo -- the party started to waver in their absolute good image and start cutting corners as they got more desperate to end the battles, resulting in some dubious acts that the wizard king was able to abuse to start to turn the tides of civil war. as things were starting to turn in his favour, in a mission gone wrong the party got ambushed by the king and their generals.

the rest of the party ran. one of my players chose chaos, turned around, and went for a full attack on the king, landing 3 crits and one rounding him in surprise. in the resulting fallout, one of the kings retainers, an opportunistic and brutal rogue took the wizard kings magic items (including a glamour he used to hide his appearance) and tried to take control of the empire by pretending to be the king. the remaining generals agreed as losing the image of their king would result in disaster. the fake wizard however was not nearly as smart as the real wizard, and the empire was losing...

until the overall "ends justified the means" nature of the party started to sow dissent. a powerful unaffiliated third party, purely out of spite, decided to convince people the princes reclamation army is just trading one tyrant for another and they must rise up to achieve true freedom. the democratic third party then opposed the reclamation force and the empire and a three way war started up. this continued with missions back and forth for 2 months or so real time until the party slew the false king and defeated the despotic current ruler. not wanting to be seen as a tyrant, they organized a ceasefire so a referendum could be held on how the country should be governed. after a long skill challenge and rp segment with arguments back and forth... the end result is the party lost. the democratic rebellion denied the prince and the country chose to move forward on its own terms.

it was a very bittersweet ending to the campaign but after a nearly 1 year long war epic with multiple side changes and betrayals and everything, they just rolled like absolute garbage at the end and failed to persuade the people. the campaign had some rough moments but it is my favourite home game long form campaign i ever did

Holy poo poo, that sounds like a great campaign.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

BabyFur Denny posted:

My warforged hexblade just died in our Frostmaiden campaign - downed by a Yeti in one round at lvl3.
For my next character's race I'm torn between Orc and Goliath. Orc has darkvision which is very useful in Icewind Dale where it's always at least dim or darker. Goliath are bit and cold resistance is super useful.
I want to play a bard that flirts with people by flexing her massive guns and picking them up so either race would do that (switching STR for CHA bonus) but which option would be more fun?

A goliath girl whose performance entails feats of strength sounds like a good time. Pick college of eloquence or glamour for extra fun.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
If you take a level in warlock and get the eldritch iniate feat you can add your spellcasting modifier(cha probably) to your eldritch blast. The hexblade or djinn subclasses are neat options for a multiclass dip, but only really make sense if you rolled a charisma character. Also you get an additional spell slot from your pact magic.
I don't know if it would be really good on a druid, but go for it if you don't care about character build optimization too much.

Edit: I just read that your DM lets you keep wis as your modifier, so maybe just go for it. Have fun.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Theotus posted:

I really appreciate this feed back actually. The intent is absolutely not to poo poo up the game with too much exposition and railroad the players or anything. It's also definitely not something intended to be an actual red herring. That is to say, false or misleading information that would draw them away from whatever it is they're trying to accomplish.

To explain, the characters essentially possess this unique spark that previous mythological figures of the world's past had, that allowed them to do wild things like single handedly found or destroy empires, control elements and stuff like that for example. You could make a comparison to figures like Achilles or Beowulf or Merlin. The dreams aren't meant to indicate to the players that they're these previous people reincarnated. They're essentially call backs, or echoes of old memories that are meant to explore in a very abstract way the power of these previous people and highlight the current internal struggles of the player characters themselves.

The Warlock for example has been having nightmares about his Patron, a relationship that hasn't really been developed in the game yet formally. But it's getting him interested in it, which is the goal.

Because I'm so new to DMing (tomorrow is my fourth session) I'm checking in with my players after every session to try to get a read on what's working and what's not, what they enjoy, what I can improve on and they have been into it so far. Definitely not a thing I am going to do every time they have a long rest, but it has seemed so far to get them more interested in their own characters, which means more interesting interactions with each other and the world.

You make a good point though, I definitely don't want to over do it.

Them absolutely destroying every combat encounter I have put in front of them is another thing that I'm working on.

Also do any of you guys have experience with or opinions on TaleSpire? I'm really tempted to pick it up and essentially use it as the board for my players instead of doing clumsy theater of the mind stuff during combat. Because I'm bad at it currently.

Here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen it. Looks rad, but I haven't messed with it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/720620/TaleSpire/

Talespire looks neat but it also looks a bit clunky to use for actual play. I use foundry and usually put usually show them flavour images during roleplay/travel and drop them on a battlemap for combat.

I have gotten Feedback from my players that they don't want dnd to become too 'videogamey' and I think stuff like takespire and other programmes currently in delevopment are way beyond that threshold. I would suggest some test Sessions and to not just drop your decision to use such a programme on the players during a running campaign. My wife actually quit my campaign because playing via discord/foundry wasn't her thing. So maybe test out some ideas how virtual tabletops can work in your game and discuss it with your player. And I agree, theatre of mind is hard to do and playing on battlemaps really improved my enjoyment of Combat as a DM.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Theotus posted:

Reason I brought it up is that I took over DMing from another friend who ran combat using maps on Roll20 or some similar site and after talking to the rest of the group it felt like combat was boiling down too much into "I move two squares left and attack" and a bunch of time spent with the DM moving pieces around instead of time being spent on "I do this and DM describes cool poo poo." I don't know. Maybe soon we'll get back to playing in person and that part of the game won't be so hard.

I have a feeling that the cool poo poo isn't usually quelled by playing on roll20 or such. Without knowing too much about your previous campaign I would assume that it comes from the encounter not being engaging enough to motivate actions other than hitting/casting at things. I like foundry because it allows me to quickly set up initiative and other stuff and focus more on describing things that and keep track of where everyone is at the same time. In the end it really comes down to preference and what motivates players the most to engage with the stage you set for them.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Theotus posted:

Does anyone have some cool suggestions for introducing a Warlock Patron into a game? By virtue of the fact that we started at level 3, the deal was already established, but no kind of relationship has developed or has been made up prior. I guess the only piece of information that I have aside from the fact that he's a Hex Blade is that his patron is actually himself, or a version of himself stuck out of time, because of the nature of magic and reality in the setting.

I'd like to actually introduce the character in setting, maybe he show's up briefly during the Warlock's turn on watch one night, or something like that.

Personality and all that doesn't really matter, I just really liked the idea of this extremely outside of reality entity that has its own goals in regards to the much, much grander scheme of things and is essentially trying to maneuver a version of themselves toward achieving them.

My idea for this would be some kind of deal where that being has already trapped multiple other versions of himself to increase his own power. The being guides and protects this version of himelf (the PC) because he either wants a worthy successor because he feels his own lifeforce waning or wants the most powerful version of the PC to ulimately capture and feed off of, like a strange cosmical perpetual motion machine powered by other versions of himself.

The being of course appears benelovent to the player but over the course of the campaign they can catch glimpses of the underlying madness and lust for power of their patron.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Theotus posted:

That's extremely rad. I am definitely going to use that. Any suggestions on how to actually formally introduce them or how you'd see that scenario playing out from the Patron's point of view? Obviously you don't want to just throw all that on the table immediately.

From the top of my head I see him visiting as maybe an incorporeal apparition. Sometimes maybe quite literally guiding the PC and their group. You could maybe use it as a tool to convey information the players might have missed or other things they have overlooked.
Maybe the patron also some kind of boon when the player uses their inspiration. But then you would need to be careful to also give the other players some cool poo poo through other means.

Those are just ideas and i have no idea how they would work in actual play. But I lean heavily towards giving the players cool stuff that are not just power increases and incorporates their backstory.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Theotus posted:

I had mentioned earlier about writing occasional dreams to give the players during long rests. This will be the second time in a row that I've done this so I plan to taper that off going forward, but a common theme so far in the Warlock's dreams is that he's running, or fleeing. The first dream he was ultimately presented with his patron, shrouded in a reflection in a mirror. The second dream, encountering the patron directly who talks to him, but he is unable to respond. My plan was, because I have no filler between the next big fight and narrative moment for the party, to have the patron show up on his watch and try to chat with him for a few minutes. How that conversation ultimately goes I have no idea, but I am absolutely going to take what you said and make all effort for him to appear benign and maybe almost playful or amused.

Using him as a guide in the future that might give different suggestions than the party's current contact could be real good.

The thing about playing games with friends who are super into it is that you can't like nerd out about how cool the narrative ideas are with them. I need a third party, so I am super grateful for you guys just letting me sound off here.

I have this problem with my coworker who also plays in my campaign. I can't really brainstorm story ideas with him. At least my wife dropped out of the group so I can ramble to her again.

Edit: Idea shamelessly stolen from the loki show. Show your player glimples of other versions of the character. Different gender, crocodile, old man, non-euclidian. The patron sometimes warps into different shapes for a split second when he is agitated or something, suggesting he loses his grip on his great power sometimes.

Rubberduke fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 23, 2021

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

LiterallyATomato posted:

Hey D&D thread.

Gonna be DMing a 5e game. All my experience DMing is with 3.5e, so I don't know 5e well enough to trust myself to home brew a campaign with appropriate encounters.

Can you recommend a 5e module for players starting at level 1 BESIDES the Saltmarsh one? I say that because I've played that one with another group (as a player) and would like something different.

Thanks!

From my experience Lost Mines lets you jump in without much prep a the start. I do recommend sorting through the possible sitequests and integrating them into the main story a bit, so your players have a reason to actually visit thoses optional places.

Also: Start at lvl 2 or 3

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

OPAONI posted:

Honestly? It was more the kool-aid-man through walls image in my head than anything else. Trunk fighting was just a neat bonus.

But if you were also a monk, you could be trunk-fu fighting.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I run Out of the Abyss currently and decided to throw in the optional Tomb of Khaem Dungeon which would reward the players with the Dawnbringer, a +2 sword that deals radiant damage, bonus damage to the undead and some other stuff. The group is currently lvl 4 and I feel the sword might be a bit too powerful. On the other hand I kind of want to just throw the sword at them and have them eviscerate some scary underdark poo poo.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Nemo posted:

The sword also refuses to stop shedding sunlight everywhere, so it will have plenty of opportunity to challenge the players as they sneak through the Underdark.

It’s really powerful, but in our party it proved to be a mixed blessing.

Well the characters who would get the most out of it are a gloomstalker and a shadow monk which could make for some fun interactions with the sword. I thought about having it as a +1 weaon that deals radiant damage and have it "level up" to its true form once it sees the sunlight again.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Infinite Karma posted:

Unless you want your party to get gritty and extra-cynical at best, or become murderhobos at worst, you don't make the players regret leaving enemies alive and unconscious by having it bite them in the rear end. If you do, they'll just be justified in murdering them "in self-defense" instead of taking prisoners.

Yeah, we just got to the (heavily modified) boss fight in wave LMoP and faced 3 mooks that we left alive on various occasions + the boss and underlings. That felt kinda eh.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

TL posted:

Looking for a bit of advice for my current character. I play as a Tiefling bard, currently at level 5. Most of my combat utility comes from using things like searing smite or branding smite. That said, they sort of require me to get in close proximity to the enemies, and my low AC and HP frequently put me on my back. I’d like to do something to be a little bit more helpful in combat situations. Any advice for what I might look into trying?

I'd say stop focussing on the damage side of things and be as disruptive for your foes and helpful for your allies as you can be. Use your concentration for something other than smite spells, spend your inspiration dice and subclass features and spit out some cantrips the rest of the time. You're a bard, you don't need to outdamage anyone.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Monk talk got me thinking about the shadow monk in my game. Player seems to be happy to play something suboptimal but i want to give him a bit more tools to have fun with.

So I was thinking of a combo meter, as others have suggested, that build up by punching things and can be used up ( for like 4 combo points) to use any feature that uses ki for free or give some sort of mini smite on a hit (like 2d6). I hope that would incentivise the use of his ki points.

Other thoughts: hitting with flurry of blows gives the ability to use your reaction for a free grapple ir shove(without the need for an adittional check).
Grappled enemies can be thrown for 2 ki points as a substitute for 1 attack of the attack action and take 2 martial arts die damage on a failed dex save.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I talked to my player about maybe testing out some ideas and maybe iterate on it. I really just want him to have fun punching stuff and live vicariously through him because all my plans to play a monk fell flat so far.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's shockingly clever.

But yeah, what do people suggest for Map Making tools? I want to use (a) An app I install/run on Windows; because I dislike browser based tools for various reasons. (b) Easily lets me import tilesets. (c) Has layers and brush tools to create the base landmass/water before filling it in with details for either world maps or local battlemaps indoor/outdoor.

I tried Inkarnate and they have a limit of 100 custom assets which is miniscule compared to all the tilesets I own on Roll20. I tried RPG Map Maker 2 and its pixel art style which is nice but I don't want to commit to that style and also I can't figure out how to import assets.

So something where I can just copy and paste my assets into folders and the tool has decent organization for the assets.

I only use dungeondraft and it works great. Consider backing Forgotten Adventures or Crosshead on Patreon to get custom assets.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Raenir Salazar posted:

I've went and got Wondercraft and managed to import my roll20 assets, the organization could be a bit better; because its a really massive dropdown list of the default assets and adding my own will make it longer. For "Symbols" (stamps in Inkarnate); my categories are "Symbols", "Mountains" and "Trees" which is a little limiting. I got stuff like "Tundra" that don't really fit in either mountains or trees and don't wanna overly crowd "symbols" and make one list or another overly long. Unless there's some QoL organization features I haven't found yet that would improve this other than "carefully pick only the asset packs I need".

Dungeoncraft is mainly for dungeons right? I own it as well, I'll check out those patreons.

Dungeondraft has some automated features for creating buildings, dungeons and caves but works well for virtually encounter maps. World maps or towns are not really the scope of dungeondraft.

It's incredibly easy to whip up some quick maps in it or do huge detailed dungeons if you take your time.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Re: VTT and importing stuff in Foundry there are :filez: options that let you basically import all the official stuff and also homebrew resources easily. If you feel iffy about it you could theoretically only use it for stuff you actually own elsewhere.

I won't go into more detail than that but for me it is a real timesaver when preparing sessions in foundry.

Edit: also giffyglyphs monstermaker is a great module to create your own stuff quickly.

Rubberduke fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 18, 2022

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I really want to give more cool poo poo to my players. Maybe I should just bury them in magic items and let them attune on a short rest or like 10 minutes. Then just make the encounters a bit more deadly and have fun with it.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Devorum posted:

The patron is just Mr. Torgue from Borderlands.

CAN I TALK TO YOU ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR EXPLOSIONS?

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I have thought about melee players standing around only because of attacks of opportunity.

A away to mitigate this might be to make disengage a reaction. If you want to move away, fine, but counterspelling and other neat poo poo is off the table until your next turn. Rogues and monks don't provoke aaos.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
A house rule I have seen regarding LR/SR is to have long rest be a full day of downtime and short rest is a good night's sleep. I have yet to try it out but I can see how it would make travelling and exploration a bit more interesting.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Gort posted:

I'm gonna be running Zeitgeist: Death of the Author in the system it's written for, Advanced 5E.

Trouble is, it's a four-person adventure and I have three players. What's the best way to modify a four-person adventure so that three characters have a good time in it?

I'd sooner not run a fourth player character myself, I've enough to do as it is.

Give them an extra feat or start them with some magic items.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Melee ranger with a spear and dueling fighting style/polearm mastery feat. Cast hunters' mark on enemies and abuse your many attacks. A hunter should work well for that. Or a swarmkeeper.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
What I did as a DM was have everyone pick something other than variant human or custom lineage and start them off with a free feat. Also switching around attribute bonuses was fair game as per the optional rules. That lead to people actually playing interesting race/class combinations and cool character builds.

Maybe talk to your DM about this. If he doesn't want it, custom lineage is a good option.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Regarding fleeing:
I currently run out of the Abyss and my players were exploring the pudding court in the city of Blingdenstone. They happen upon the mad king of the slimes, The Pudding King, who is under the influence of the demon lord Jubilex. They do so in the worst kind of way while being on the run from other slimes and the whole exploration becomes a big continuous battle of 3 sessions. They realized quickly that they were overextended and running low on resources and tried to flee. Most of the enemies were oozes, so running was not really off the table. They only really managed to escape by the skin of their teeths with some clutch saving throws. It was great and I had some of my best DM moments so far. There is no real lesson here, just that sometimes these situations can happen organically if you let them. I was fully prepared to let the players pay for their stupid decisions.

Regarding travel:
I hate it as a DM. I tried it and I absolutely loathe the tedium of having the players roll for foraging, of rolling for random encounters and other things to keep track of. I resigned myself to only having one pre-designed encounter, or series of encounter per stretch of travel, usually set up like a small dungeon. Example: The group had a travel-time of aprrox. 7 days from the Darklake to Blingdenstone. There was a drow outpost along the way adjacent to a colony of intelligent spiders along the way.
This kept the the group busy for about 2 1/2 sessions (3 hours per session) and I just kinda glossed over the rest of the journey. To me this is the best way to introduce some flavor to travel and not have it be such a dull affair. In a previous campaign I floated the idea of skipping the foraging rolls with the players and one of them insisted on rolling for every travelling day. It was pretty miserable. I was kinda new as a DM and had not even prepared anything meaningful for that stretch of travel. Definitely don't do that.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Mr. Lobe posted:

I feel like I've had a wildly divergent experience of travel from you guys. In games I've both played and DMed, wilderness travel wasn't just hostile encounters, it was also finding other travellers (and generally interesting people do travelling) or nonhostile wondrous beasts (guys should we try to tame that unicorn?) or hidden villages of gnomes or something.

Yes, but you can just write those things in and skip the rest of the travelling tedium. The only thing that it is really good for is athmospheric campsite roleplay, characters getting to know each other, etc. or fun interactions that convey information about the game world.

Skipping roadside encounters entirely is no fun either. But for me they just work better if they have some thought put into them.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

sebmojo posted:

You see a single, perfectly fresh, round red apple on the floor in front of you.

My favorite so far was normal cat in a strange place. Drove them crazy.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I own a lot official stuff and still use the tools that are for 5e because it is great and have neat integration for foundry that just isn't done elsewhere. So my advice is to buy some used copies and then access that content via much more comfortable unofficial tools.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

Well, after thinking on it a bit, I think I’ve settled on going with a Paladin after all, and probably going to be going the full 20 in it for simplicity’s sake, and going with a Far Traveler background. I’ve also been referencing from http://dnd5e.wikidot.com

1. Would going with the Oath of Vengeance be a bad idea gameplay-wise? RP-wise, it was my first choice because my backstory for him is that his life got ruined twice by his father, who became a Lich in a society that really hates necromancy and is heavily into sins of the father (and grandfather (and great-grandfather)) mentality.

2. What are some of the general recommended builds/stat orders for Paladins? AFAIK, I’m the only tanky-capable character in the party.

3. What’s the usual stand-in weapon for katanas? I’d been thinking of Longsword so I could potentially get some dual-wielding fun in with a wakizashi Dagger, but I also realize that that’s probably a terrible idea outside of rule of cool moments :v:

4. Would it be better to go with a standard human or a variant human?

Vengeance Paladin is really good to start out with. It is easy to deal enough damage with it and feel strong, even as your classic sword fighter dude.
Start out as whatever race sounds cool and don't worry too much. Ask DM if you can switch the racial stat bonuses around to fit your character. Variant human is the optimized choice but a tad boring. Do what you find interesting.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I just handed out feats on character creation and banned var-human and custom lineage in my current game. Players could also freely pick their +1 and +2 as per Tasha's. I also handed out a feat at the last lvl up to 7. It lead to some mechanics cheese with our resident power-gamer but also some interesting class/race combinations and cool rp.

Feats always feel like a dangling carrot to me that is very hard to ignore, especially on martials/half-casters. I say remove the dangling, have everyone be on the same page and maybe whip up some other bonuses for people who really want to play human. Like something with charisma checks akin to the imperials in TES.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
So, my players have succesfully navigated the unterdark and emerged unharmed in Out of the Abyss. The adventure so far has taught me that I do not care for any sort of resource managment that goes beyond spell slots/abilities/one time conusmables. You eat. You shoot arrows. I don't care where they came from. Also, official adventure suck to prep. You have to do half the work anyway. The only good thing is I don't have to come up with plot hooks and character names and the like. And some flavour art.

BTW: If anyone wants to run OotA, I have some battlemaps I created from the official maps in DungeonDraft for some locations in the first half of the adventure. And for other poo poo like random encounters.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Azathoth posted:

All elves being emo or goth is totally happening in my next campaign.

My Alchemical Romance

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

megane posted:

When I was
a young elf
the Archfey
took me into the forest
to teach me Bigby's Hand a 1d10 cantrip

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

The Bee posted:

The Am I The Chaotic Evil posters have to go somewhere!

Lmao

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Friendly grung maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

salvatore based guenhwyvar off his own real life magic panther who tragically died of ligma in 1986, 2 years prior to the beginning of the equally beloved and hated-by-old-boomers drizzt saga

What's a magic panther?