Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Captain Kosmos posted:

Kuntavaalikysely: Kokoomus ja vihreät saavat nuorilta eniten kannatusta

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11829714

Nuoriso on pilalla. Kokoomus, mitä helvettiä?

It's really easy to be an succesful individualist when father makes your food, mother pays your gasoline and the biggest challenge of your life is a math test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The citizen initative against fuel tax has broken the 50 000 registrar milestone. Free gazoline for everybody. :yayclod:

I have never found out what they think the correct price of gas should be?

It can't be "free", right?

Right?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Perussuomalaiset were already crying out persecution.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Björn Wahlroos: How did I became one of the most intelligent, cabable and modest people.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Do they politely ask Russian agents to not use encryption on their messages because they are so hard to read?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

DarkCrawler posted:

Kokoomus: Suomi on meritokratia

Suomi:

I mean she was hired on her merits. They just didn't include "being good at the job".

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Forktoss posted:

PYF Erotic Literature

Tag yourself, I'm Paasikivi peräsimessä.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Turun turrimurhat will be the true crime event of the century.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

True that, but I have some personal childhood experience with ancient teachers, priests etc. who were not far from being characters from some Valentin Vaala film, especially when it came down to "sivistyssanoja". I wish we had "smart phones" back then so I could show you some "video" of how these people talked.

Sometimes it feels that over half of the purpose of upper education in the old times was to instill patriotic values and the use of "ylätyyli" language.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

Olen yrittänyt ohjelmoida tekoälyä, joka simuloisi Keskustan politiikkaa, mutta ei tästä mitään tule. Kepu pettää AI:na.

:frogout:

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Sulphagnist posted:

Kokoomuksen kannalta olisi ollut näppärintä PeV:ssä todeta tavallisen enemmistön riittävän, jolloin paketin puolesta ei olisi joutunut äänestämään. Keskustan kohdalla on loogista että halusivat kokoomuksen mukaan äänestämään paketista, jotta kokoomus ei sillä asialla pääse heitä lyömään, mutta tämä asetelma on nyt vähän erikoinen enkä pidä kirkossa kuulutettuna, että kokoomus äänestää paketin puolesta.

If Kokoomus doesn't vote for the package then EK pulls out their electionmoney.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Bushmeister posted:

Kepun mätä sydän koostuu lestadiolaisista pienteollisuuden ja palvelusektorin yrittäjistä joille tärkein asia on demoralisoitu, nälkäkuoleman partaalla elävä työvoima jota sortaa. Aluepolitiikka on silmänlumetta muumioille

:emptyquote:

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Forktoss posted:

I wonder if Katainen missed the last opportunity to take the wind out of persu sails by not taking them into government in 2011, or if that would have just caused the split/resurgence cycle to start a few years earlier.

Persut demands at the time were prepostorous, something like four ministers out of eleven. It was all a willing tactic from Soini, who knew that there wasn't enough people qualified to act as ministers.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Kemper Boyd posted:

Jesus Christ Annika we got the chessboard out and you're playing Whack-A-Mole:
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000007949671.html

Kepu played this incredibly stupid.

It's even more strange when you consider that Kepu has produced all Finland's sleaziest and most cold blooded political operators.

Väyrynen she ain't.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Well the good thing on this demonstration is that in many cities people are now more determined to get rid of peat as fast as possible.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

SnowblindFatal posted:

Mikä olisi se katastrofiskenaario, jos edustajat äänestäisivät itsenäisesti näkemystensä mukaan? Päätöksenteko voisi muuttua joissain tapauksessa vaikeammaksi (ikään kuin tämä nykyinen malli ei olisi jo aivan halvaantunut), mutta se kannustaisi avaamaan lehmänkauppoja koska sen sijaan että pitää vakuuttaa pari puolueen johtohahmoa jostain ideasta, pitää sille saada tukea laajemmalta osastolta. Kenties voisi saada oppositioltakin tukea eikä tulisi niin paljon tämmöistä pelleilyä, että puolue käskee että äänestetään aina hallitusta vastaan hähähähä!

If you think that current systems produces unnecessary lehmänkauppa and iltalypsy then good luck with that.

Correct answer is that people join to the party of their liking and start giving hard time to party's represantitives.

That is how it worked before the 1990's, why wouldn't it work today?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

doverhog posted:

That might've been a way for Eerola to gain cred with the anti-EU nuts without actually having to do it.

Ah yes, Persut, famous 5th dimension chess players.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I have dreamt of starting Dead Kennedys cover band called Kuolleet Kekkoset.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Rappaport posted:

Kok appeals to the libertarian randmensch kids, and those are probably pretty numerous among teenage lukiolais-tissiposket :capitalism:

Yeah, but I think it's just healthy if a young person thinks that they can do anything.

They have a whole lifetime to learn.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Herman Merman posted:

They should rename the office of the prime minister to king/queen, then 90% of Finns would have no problem granting her a personal expenses account of 1M€ a year

For such an republican, grey, equal and dull country, Finns do love royalty.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
What does catching up with China and USA even mean? Even if we all started working 80 hours per week, our GDB still wouldn't be measured in trillions of dollars.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Soini's Väyrynen speedrun is looking good.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

bloom posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-12021811

Työvoimapula! Kolmasosa alalta lähtijöistä sanoo syyksi liian huonon palkan.

Ravintolabossi: Mitä jos poistettais sunnuntailisät? Luvataan kompensoida muussa palkassa lol

When demand surpasses supply, then usually prices to up.

For some reason this doesn't of should't work at the labour market.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

doverhog posted:

The reasoning behind long math being given highest score is that it's actually hard, so it shows motivation and intelligence, even if you don't actually care about math or are good at it. :shrug:

By using that logic, most score should be given to swedish courses.

You really need motivation for that.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Real problem is that you need a loving amk-tutkinto to a lot of jobs where real requirement is basic arithmetic and literacy.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Persut don't hate drugs, they hate junkies.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Every single problem Finland faces at the moment can be solved with money.

Money that the government can get at best with negative interest.

Yet every government refuses to get free money and by doing that they create more problems.

I just don't loving understand.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

aina kun uutisissa on juttua Peter Nygårdin seksuaalirikosjutuista, niin luen otsikot Petri Nygårdina ja mietin että miksi Yhdysvallat haluaa että suomiräppäri luovutetaan sinne oikeuteen

Because Petri Nygård's fresh rhymes and daring disses can be used as weapons of mass destruction.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hiekkakauppias posted:

Can't imagine the amount of death threats ps ministers would get from their voters for Finland not immediately leaving eu, bringing markka back and deporting all immigrants.

Something like 20% of PS voters thinks that the party is on government right now.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

Expecting to see Sanna Ukkola respond to this on AlfaTV by twerking in blackface and simultaneously pooping on Koran.

This was a mental image I really did not need.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
The kepulians can be divided on three classes.

1) ordinary kepulian, who can betray member of an another party.

2) advanced kepulian, who can betray another kepulian.

3) Master kepulian, who can betray even himself.

And then there's grand master Väyrynen, who has betrayed the party, himself and whole country several times over.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Doesn't Jerry Valuri live in Turku?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Soininvaara is nothing but logical in his thinking.

I just don't understand to what he bases his premise that there are huge number of workers who are too low quality to be worth of decent wage.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Well big money is in Helsinki. And if you can get big money through your education then why would you stay in pönde?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I mean sure the Pave cult of Northern Finland will erect a statue for him. No doubt about that.

But what are his actual achievements?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Metanaut posted:

I don't understand how we have had ministers kicked out for sending a text message

Can you trust the abilities of a man who is begging pussy from Johanna Tukiainen?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Andrast posted:

On the other hand who cares about the iltapaskat

About a couple of million voters.

Where do you think average person gets their information?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

bloom posted:

Ketä kiinnostaa kuinka monta ohjusta voi tunkea koneeseen jolla ei kuitenkaan ikinä tapella?

Then what is the point of defence forces anyway?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I'll bet Putin is now howling with laughter in Kremlin.

:roflolmao: : "Those idiots! They bought loving F-35! They were offered EUROFIGHTER on a silver platter and they loving said no!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
The only decent death is to die while you're crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of their women.