Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The greatest HC. I wonder what would have been had he continued in Cleveland and the Browns stayed.

I don’t even think LA knew they made it to the Super Bowl and shrugged on their way to protest non authentic 🌯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sean10mm posted:

This is just a brutal indictment of the Rams offensive game plan, holy poo poo.

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2019/why-the-rams-lost-the-super-bowl

tl;dr: The Rams literally called plays that matched what the Patriots had been best at defending all year, and avoided calling plays that matched what the Patriots were bad at defending all year.

So are we saying it was the Rams scripted to lose by planning specifically to get beaten by the Patriots?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Rams are not gonna be nearly as good next year cause Goff isn't good.

KC will regress but still be in contention. I do have to say losing Kareem Hunt hurts cause he contributed significantly to offense. So both from a Mahomes regression, losing Hunt, and their defense.

On the other hand, Patriots gonna go for Ring 7.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Chargers were a fraud. I hate them for making me dislike them. Especially since I want Rivers to get a ring. Now I'm not sure. They made me doubt Rivers. gently caress them. Yet I still want Rivers to get a ring. But gently caress them. I'm sad. They made me sad. They also should have stayed in San Diego.

gently caress em.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It isn't crazy when you realize the NFL is scripted and teams are paid/told to lose/turn into pumpkin morons intentionally to the Patriots.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

They're good and not frauds

Right. They legitimately suck. Legit failures. I was just an idiot who assumed they were competent.

They hurt me. Hurt me deep within the well of my soul.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Goons say any team that didn’t win the SB sucks, just ignore them.

No, in this case they failed hard against the Patriots. Like super extra hard. The took a dive.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

and he's still a shitlord. Right now he's selling t-shirts with the Eifile tower on them with the words Bitch Be Lyin because a french woman has accused him of rape. This was about 2 weeks ago. Also arrested for assault back in July. Dude is garbage.

Yes I read celebrity gossip because it's dumb as gently caress as a mindless distraction.

I also read celeb gossip every now and then. *bro five*

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It is my wish that when the Raiders move to Las Vegas that the stadium and everything be as glitzy and gaudy and over the top as Vegas can provide. Like, I'm talking whacked out unique.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

AB was the Madden cover this year and had a meltdown

the Madden curse is real.

Wasn't Calvin Johnson on the cover? Then he retired. :(

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hold on...HOLD ON...WHAT.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let me get this straight.

Baker Mayfield is gonna throw to Odell Beckham and Nick Chubb/Duke Johnson with the chance that Kareem Hunt can be the RB.

We gave up Peppers, our 1st and a 3rd. I guess we went with a WR in the 1st and Baker could use a great WR.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Well looking at his playing time he's only played 16 games one season. We know he can be great and is a good WR but last year he played 12 games and the year before 4. Granted injury.

Hopefully this works out.

This means the Browns have second round pick and the other 3rd.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would love Earl Thomas to come to the Browns.

I hope the thing doesn't collapse on itself like a star. We're getting some personalities now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lmao Giants. 17, 97, and Peppers hahahaha

still not betting on the Browns tho. Wonder if Joe Thomas will come out of retirement for the back half of the season

Maybe but he's said his body isn't in shape and up to it and when asked recently he said he wouldn't, he's enjoying what he's doing.

Now a legit postseason chance and I think he's willing to be back up or something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

Someone joked about Joe Thomas coming back. He's happy enough so it was never going to happen but even if he wanted to...it would take some serious calories:

https://twitter.com/Hawk/status/1107382761294159877

That’s a good looking man and I hope he enjoys life. Great job getting in awesome shape.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Where is Suh going?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Whoever pays him the most money

Please god not Cleveland, Freddie has to deal with enough big personalities

Can Dorsey help deal with personality or another coach? But I agree. It'd still be incredible.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

Should have gone the other way with the onsides rules. Only allow the receiving team to put one guy on the line on either side. Give both sides a 10-yard running start.

Like, let's just go full rugby/dodgeball rules.

1 Football in middle.

5 men either side.

Whistle.

All rush for football.

Fight.

1 guy gets Football and all men back up to their half of the field.

Throw. HIT! One guy eliminated. Ball is now on that side of the field so other team gets to throw to eliminate the other side.

Last man standing wins.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What would the Gronk signal look like?

Like lighting up blunts that firework into the sky and explode in a shape of a 69 and he’d be seen leaving his harems and gallop to Tom Brady

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've been to First Energy Field for the Browns and it's alright. I'd probably guess its middle of the pack. Some of the other stadiums look incredible.

I had a chance while I lived in Texas to go to ATT but didn't end up going there. It's a cool spot between The Ballpark at Arlington and Six Flags. But the Ballpark at Arlington I thought was below Progressive Field for the Indians which I like better.

I really want to visit Seattle's stadium. That place sounds awesome and nuts.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 26, 2019

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Apparently First Energy Stadium aka the Factory of Sadness is ranked bottom tier on the lists I'm reading. Not what I expected as I thought it was okay if unremarkable.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who will be the first Quarterback to use the two handed throw? Perhaps a submariner throw?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

what's LFG

Lookin' For Gluten

Cause Gisele doesn't let him eat any.

EDIT: The gently caress we traded Ogbah? Like...we need some front DLinemen then. And LB. All we got was an average Safety? This was a lateral move? We trading up? CONFUSED.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Anyone wanna give us an ok linebacker for a lesser CMC?

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1112829946286784513

:( I like Duke. But I want him to go somewhere good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The NY Jets should have airplanes logos all over their unis. Like a kid's pajamas.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The NY Jets should change their name because it’s offensive to all the brave New Yorkers who died on 9/11

The NY 9/11s. Rudy is the mascot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel bad for Colt McCoy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Detroit was dirty, depressing, and not pleasant and I wish that area could turn around and get investment like with Flint maybe one day God willing getting drinkable water.

Pittsburg just felt dirty and confusing to navigate, like their nightlife area is very shabby. It’s cool it’s got a hill but doesn’t feel like a place i would spend time in.

I haven’t been to a lot of other cities for the NFL tho.

Cleveland is actually pretty great. Even my relatives from overseas agree they’d rather live and raise a family here and just visit everywhere else in the USA and they’ve been to the major cities.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
There's some good stuff in Cleveland. I assume it'll be Downtown somewhere? But...uh...where...one of the convention centers? Jacob's Pavillion? The Stadium...possibly during an April snow fest? Comedy option: The IX Center next to the Airport.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You know what would have been a good spot? Las Vegas.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

It's in Vegas in 2020

Maybe it could be again?

On the other hand maybe some of the draft picks would end up shot, in jail, at the strip club, betting against their teams...maybe Vegas is not the best option.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I got Cam. I'd prefer Bill Bilichek tho.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

There’s medication for arthritis and controlling symptoms but maybe it depends on what kind he has and how much damage is done to his knee.

Perhaps they can fix him and make him better...Robo-Gurley

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

19 years… what a different world it was back then. Bush gets the election over Gore should've been a harbinger of what was to come…

Gore said it himself that it was a choice between good and evil. And welp, look where we are today. He would have supported action against Climate Change way back then. The US has lost 40 years since the start of Reagan and "trickle down", the decline has been horrifying today.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Fantasy players are going to hate this. So maybe it is a good thing.

They just need to Git Gud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Trent Richardson hype was so much "THE MOST NFL READY PLAYER IN THE DRAFT!" etc. Goddamn. Goddamn. And I'm someone who won't mind taking a RB in the 1st as long as I know I have a good O-Line.