Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I want a beaglemon to be my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can any Britgoons point where PokeNewcastle is? Imma mumblespeak my Geordie heritage. (I know.)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The English Pokemon logo looks 90s as hell

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

SilverSupernova posted:

The moment they showed off the water chameleon, I assumed it will shoot water from its eyes the same way some lizards shoot their blood from near their eyes to scare off predators.

Thats metal as gently caress.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

I think that part of the story was very realistic. The children of abusive parents often don’t sever, even if they should. They still care about their parent because it’s their parent and it’s difficult to mend that relationship. Nothing was wrapped up in a tidy little bow. Lusamine was recovering and Lillie and Gladion have a long road ahead of them to repair their relationship with their mom.

Also, arent Lillie and Gladion like 11-14? Kids that age still view their parents as superheroes.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Typhlosion is my son and hes the best baby boy

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
#Maketyphlosiongreatingen8

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I blame 4kids for making nerds whine about CENSORSHIP IN MUH ANIMES over some localizations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Basically, I haven’t seen it personally but from what I understand they hacked the show up so much that a lot of fans generally consider the Cardcaptor dub to be a separate series entirely.

I liked the dub when I was a kid, but I like the original much more as an adult. I think you can show the original to American kids nowadays (excluding the weird teacher student romance between a fourth grader and her teacher.)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1117450897095892993?s=20

Serebii.net is 20 years old :stare:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The sheep is my second child. Typhlosion is my first son. The beta tiger would have been my son.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wooloo and Mareep are good dogs

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Netflix adaptation looking good

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pokemon Let's go Wooloo

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Am I the only who is kinda excited about what Gen 8 will include Mon wise? I feel kinda like this: :suspense:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Now that I've fully checked out on getting this game, yeah, it's exciting. I feel it's reasonable to expect around 500-600, so that's a looooot pokemon for the chopping board. :allears:

Im getting the game because I want to see where the gently caress this goes.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also, the fandom's negative response is kinda stressing me out. I just want to play Pokemons not get angry or sad. :saddowns:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

it doesn't actually matter what is or isn't the case because either way it means we get the fun of watching a bunch of utterly joyless people go out of their way to endlessly pick apart every single aspect of everything we see until release later this year in regards to anything related to the game, and they're going to make sure we know what they think about it no matter what our stance on it all is

buckle up

The pokemon subreddit is a loving dumpster fire of this.

:qq: IM QUITTING POKEMON VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS GAMEFREAK BAD :qq:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

ROFL Octopus posted:

even despite my complaints, i will still play this game and find it epic as hell

:yeah:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sword and Shield are my fav games, gently caress tha haters because lol

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Winklebottom posted:

what the hell do people see in Lucario

it vexes me

Furries. See Lycanroc.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

As an old school red and blue player I say this truly: The obsession with Gen 1 is out of loving control.

:same: I technically started with Yellow back in June 2000.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Typholsion is my favourite because Im a fake fan irl

Also who can forget: TRASH AND ICE CREAM BAD, GEN 1 BEST ORIGINAL DESIGN

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 15, 2019

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Gen 1 is the Sonic 06 of Pokemon in terms of glitches

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
For real, Pokemon Yellow/Gen 2 is one of the high points in my life. I was also recovering from spinal surgery at the time and felt like poo poo.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Beldums catch rate is super bad. That was my hardest catch in Moon.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I vaguely remember old rear end yahoo clubs full of pokemon "cheats". One was like if you do this and this bill will let you in his garden to catch Togepis.

Also I remember old websites that were sure you could get Toad and Sonic in Melee. Also my friends and I fell for the Deoxys rocket trick. Late 90s/Early 2000s was a weird time in games. The internet was around but we didn't have dataminers/hackers combing over every piece of footage. Kids today don't even know.:corsair:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blaziken386 posted:

Quick, help me nickname a female toxapex

Mantrap?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blaziken386 posted:

currently grinding out some BP in the battle subway and I'm somewhat annoyed that they threw out the Battle Factory after Gen 4, considering "you get to rent some already competitively viable pokemon to fight with instead of your own" is probably the only gimmick that's actually been fun and good.

Bring back Challenge cup for Home.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Breath of the Wild and Smash are good.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

One place I go to is actually livid over how the Japanese fandom isn't reacting in the same way that the US fandom is. There's dissent and displeasure, but after the first announcement, most people over there have become disappointed, but accepting, or come around. The message Masuda gave is available in Japanese, but it was only the US twitter account that released it, from what I've heard, though I'm not certain on it.

I just don't get that. Being angry that "the other half" isn't on the same train they are, I mean.

Because Western fans MUST WIN this fight over vidya.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Solar Tornado posted:

There's also

Balding Man Badly Cosplaying a Pikachu

Mr Mime was one of those early designs that got quietly sweeped under the carpet, right?

He was in Detective Pikachu

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Video games were a mistake

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ban all men from vidyagames. Okay we can include some men I guess

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Tbh as a disabled woman I honestly dont feel like I'm welcome in the Pokemon community anymore thanks to assholes who go apeshit over stuff like this. I know, it's the internet, but the same crowd has been getting worse since US/UM.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

hopeandjoy posted:

Unfortunately, the Pokémon fandom is huge, so there are plenty of assholes do go apeshit about it.

I’m just done with the whole thing and sick of hearing it. It’s happening, it sucks, it’s not going to change for SwSh. You’re free to be mad and not buy the game or be hype for it, and you’re also free to just feel vaguely like it sucks but also not care that much. But instead we’ve had a month long temper tantrum that’s now developing into the loudest voices becoming absolute loving assholes.

:same:

I can understand that people are mad and sad. But making videos that are basically: GAMEFREAK BUSTED: USING N64 GRAPHICS????!!! is getting tiresome. Not to mention that this is most likely beta gameplay AFAIK. Im waiting until I actually get to play it before I make judgements.

loving lol at the title change, btw.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
X/Y honestly felt more a trailer of things than a memorable game. It didn't help that OR/AS came out so quickly as well.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Im playing through blaze black 2 and it is awesome. I have Typhlosion on my team and he is best boy.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wooloo

Im waiting for the actual game to come out tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I love cakemon because Im fat

Have a blessed day