Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Just a little closer to Dragon Quest or Xenoblade in terms of overworld

you mean exactly the same as every other jrpg except it takes five times as long to loving get anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Macaluso posted:

What kind of insane lunatic puts loving OSHAWATT in "S" tier. That clown faced motherfucker barely deserves to be in the lowest tier :mad:

I've rolled up my sleeves and I'm angrily stomping over to your town to give you a right proper whuppin'

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

it would be really cool if access to the competitive metagame wasn't locked behind literally walking in circles foe hours to enable an occasional completely random chance at getting the thing you want

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

garbodor is my second favorite pokemon you BITCH

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That ridiculously high levels at which some of the mons evolve.

yeah if there's anything pokemon fans hate it's grinding

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

I'm boring in that I like having the subtitles actually match what's being said

what is being said is a language other than english

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Vegetable posted:

I thought Sneasel was like... a bipedal lizard

sneaky weasel

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sonic, on the other hand, you can feel the design-by-committee

this is what sonic has been since literally 1991

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

HopperUK posted:

I'm not sure I could box my starter. That seems wrong.

I, too, have feelings

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Zore posted:

Uh whats the creepy poo poo in Mario?

This.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

sign me up for the ice pokemon that straight up sounds like a Dark Souls boss

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

if I wanted to play a goddamn edutainment game I'd boot up my W98 VM and play some motherfuckin' Freddi Fish

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

everyone in such a rush to point out that dragon quest is Quite Popular Actually they're ignoring that it's still like literally a tenth as big as pokemon, in the pokemon thread

yeah everywhere I've found corroborates that, in japan, pokemon games still outsell dragon quest games at least four to one

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

indigi posted:

sobble honestly sucks

wtfdyjs

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

RatHat posted:

What are the odds a new Pokemon is revealed as Smash Bros DLC? Though they like to use final starter Evos as characters and it seems a bit early to reveal those.

I, for one, welcome our new Smash character, Wooloo

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Nasgate posted:

While evolving to get cuter is uncommon normally, it appears that no mega evolution makes any Pokemon cuter.

Sableye

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

Wow what a challenge. Why not just heal the party after every fight?

Why not just heal the party after every fight? Honestly, what does it matter?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Eiba posted:

No one's mentioned it recently, but there's a lot of dismissing the technical issues with working on a thousand pokemon by saying they already have the models and animations. But do they have walking and running animations for all 800-ish old Pokemon ready to go? Not everyone can t-pose through the field like Wingull. If they add even one simple animation like that it could be a ton of work.

sucks that they have to animate pokemon in a pokemon game, really makes you think

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

less laughter posted:

every line should be baby - base stage - mid evo - final evo - mega evo

I agree

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

pre-emptively shaking my head for when we discover that the reason they couldn't bring back everybody was because making the big models for dynamaxing took too much time

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The Golden Gael posted:

you can (not) catch em all

thread title

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Takoluka posted:

I don't understand why you want one in the most current game at your immediate beck and call when you're not using most of the monsters in it.

the tagline of the series is "gotta catch 'em all" and Nintendo has made it clear that in the new game you cannot catch them all. this is not a complex issue to understand

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Dienes posted:

Which, until SwSh, also happened to be all the pokemon.

^

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I've been using the same Sableye since RS and if I can't use him in SwSh I honestly don't know what I'm going to do

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Alxprit posted:

If it ends up leading to a better game overall

it won't

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Alxprit posted:

People's expectations for the "first real console Pokemon" were already way too high.

pretty spicy take to say "the new pokemon game has the pokemon in it" was a high expectation

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Rudoku posted:

My characters were black, so it felt annoyingly right.

loving same

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about dynamaxing one way or the other

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I hope there is not a person around who would sacrifice more pokemon for more particle effects

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

let me put it this way; who the gently caress cares if the new Mario game has Ray Tracing Technology on all the textures or whatever if they had to sacrifice Mario to do it

like hey yeah maybe it looks real purdy or whatever but uh what about my boy, Super Mario

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Just talk about how you don't think better move animations or graphics are worth what we've lost.

people have been repeating this non stop for weeks, get the gently caress off your high horse

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

video games were a mistake

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

None of that is gonna bring my Mega Sableye back though! :mad:

This, and also, what if they just straight up don't bring Mawile/Sableye/Your Favorite Pokemon back? It's a pretty lovely prospect weighing down heavily on people's hype. It's not "jumping to conclusions" to be sad that you and/or other people's favorites might just not be around anymore.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"I don't feel this way, so other people shouldn't!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

yeah maybe stop responding to people in this thread making reasonable complaints as though they're the same people harassing masuda's mom on twitter or whatever and then we'll stop calling you prissy chuds

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"I can't believe people care about this thing that I don't care about. Ugh! This is certainly not an attitude that is condescending, irritating or just flat out meaningless, and as such I am going to post about it with haste!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I thought SM felt kind of slow, but I'm not sure if that was a pacing issue or if it was my 3DS desperately chugging through it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

everyone I have ever met who is a "genwunner" has not purchased a pokemon game in nearly two decades and likely never will again

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"listen I know we already did a fairy pokemon that was an alive cake but I just want to give it another try"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Slurpuff is cotton candy.

Swirlix is cotton candy - Slurpuff is a pile of whipped cream and/or meringue

it's basically the same thing imo