Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

You know, when you really look at it, it's very bad to look at, is the thing

This goddamn idiot got so much attention he would've been a big success if he managed to make the food just mediocre. People will eat mediocre pizza and call it good all the time.

Mediocre isn't hard. Mediocre is just hiring some teenagers who used to work at a pizza chain. Just edible pizza, that's all he needed, people writing articles about this place because "Wow, garfield!? That's so weird" would've done the rest.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Did they really ask Jim Davis for his favorite pizza?

Is it really barbecue sauce with pineapple and "meaty loaded" pepperoni???

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Garfield Eats in Toronto is like the biblical parable of casting lustrous farm pearls before meaty natural swine.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

It's so threatening. You will eat this pizza random woman on the street. EAT IT. EAT JIM DAVIS' MEATY PEPPERONI.

Free game CD with every purchase.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Laugh all you want but in 2069 Garfield Eats Will Be The Worlds' Premium Fast Food Franchise.

"I would like you to accompany me to Garfield Eats," says the man dressed like the Pope, if the Pope wore orange and black.

One by one, his minions raise their Garfbows and Garfachetes. It is not a request.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm worried that Nathen is going to try to gently caress that cat.

He won't. He's a different kind of crazy.

Now, Garfieldfan2005, that's another story. Hope Nathen can afford a security detail for that cat.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

quote:

My name is Nathen Mazri, founder of GarfieldEATS, & I am passionate about Youth Homelessness , Unemployment, and Poverty as I do know how it feels to have a Zero balance in your ATM machine and no one believing in you inundated with job rejections.

... Checks out.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

So people are suppose to give him 100k so he can hire people? What a gracious soul.

He does promise to use that money to pay their rent and then take them shopping so they can buy new clothes and toothbrushes.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

All every homeless person needs to make it is a makeover montage from an 80s teen movie.

Clothes, shoes, toothbrush etc.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

“I do know how it feels to have a Zero balance in your ATM machine”

I can only imagine he means a personal ATM he has in his house that his servant forgot to refill.

Or maybe in the business account he's got for GarfieldEATS. Explains the "no one believing in you" bit, too.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I hate when people do that. You want to help the homeless? Hire some homeless, you've got jobs to give!

Promising to change the world, as long as it is on someone else's dime is self-serving and borderline grift

He cannot hire them until someone (someone else!) pays for their shopping spree makeover.

GarfieldEATS has very high standards when it comes to everything except its food.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
We are officially in a Cyberpunk world and QAnon is one of those Snow Crash style internet viruses that can infect the people themselves.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 23, 2020

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm glad the cartoon nurse is there. That really reassures me. She'll see to it that we all have a healthy litter of puppies.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Street SharksEATS

Well now I want that. I'll have an Extra-Jawsome fish sandwich and a side of Piranoid Popcorn (shrimp).

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I hate to interrupt funny CartoonEATS jokes, but I want to make sure none of you miss this rare chance to see garfield IN PERSON! During a pandemic!!!

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1291498448546680833?s=20

REMEMBER THE 90S ???

Garfield is surprised and frightened to see us and starts waving his hands to ward us off. People? In GarfieldEATS!?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Are you allowed to Gift a mail lasagna to someone else? If I lived in Ontario, I would be sending Frozen Big Cow Lasagna to all of my friends and also to all of my enemies.

It's the perfect present for anyone you love but even more so for anyone you hate. Most people visited Garfield Eats only once, as a curiosity, which isn't sustainable. But mailing people a frozen lasagna is a great and (probably, at least for now???) legal way to show people just how you feel about them as many times as you want.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Tag yourself I'm the landmonster

I'm the one in transition away from an information society driven by tech.

What am I transitioning towards? Take my hand. We make this journey together.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
^^^ I just figured it out. I also know the real next step after Scooby

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m sure this is just a coincidence a week or so after garfieldeats closes. Nothing to worry about.

https://twitter.com/dailymail/status/1330087309040082944?s=21

*Strings a yarn thread between a picture of the Big Cow Lasagna and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle mask*

*Writes 'COWABUNGA????' then underlines and circles it!!!*

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
People are right. Nathen better be careful. Nobody gives a poo poo about Garfield, but some very powerful people have strong opinions on Scooby-Doo:

https://twitter.com/etienneshrdlu/status/1324674321336459264

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

I never could get this ending of Altered Beast

Altered Beast had alternate endings and THIS is where I find out about it???????

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mordja posted:

That copy is way too lucid for Nathen

Coming soon, Yogi Bear EATS! Am I very intelligent? OH YES!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

TheManWithNoName posted:

i burned through this thread recently and am now getting Nathan videos recommended to me on Youtube. Didn't see this posted so enjoy. My favorite moment so far is when the Velma cosplayer said she doesn't eat red meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-imyHk6KtY

GarfieldEATS isn't quite a horror movie, but it's definitely a Goosebumps episode.

There is a weird and creepy cartoon cat fast food place where nothing makes sense. At the end it closes down and it seems like things are done. But then it pans across the street. The local grocery store has a cartoon dog. Theme music starts. Credits roll.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You might think that there's nothing that can happen to food on its journey between the farm and your plate that's worse than what it goes through to become a frozen, mail-order lasagna.

You would be wrong. Grocery stores all add chemicals and preservatives. They also add vampire dust. Jikes!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

velma and sexy lesbian witch velma pushing scrappy doo into a nutribullet

This isn't canon.

Daphne was the one who flirted with joining the sexy lesbian witches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmheHaw_kic

edit: poo poo, the quality on that first one sucked.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 14, 2021

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

This is an extremely normal reaction

When I'm mad at Nickelodeon. Which, let me tell you, is a thing that happens frequently.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Woke up today just mad, really mad, at Nickelodeon.

I'm gonna go eat a lasagna so I won't be so mad.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I am worried about Scooby. I think when Scooby entered this relationship, he thought Garf and Nathen were broken up. He had no idea that Nathen would be so obsessed with his ex. I do not think Scooby is happy that Nathen is still seeing Garfield. I think he was pressured into this arrangement. Nathen made a big deal about Cartoon Polygamy, but now that Scooby's novelty has worn off, he keeps coming back to Garf.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1378539416738746370

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Hey. Question. Is it just that I don't really know how Twitter works, or is nobody watching him anymore? Where are the 'likes'? Where are the replies? Kind of seems like the only people who saw that tweet saw it because of this thread.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blue Moonlight posted:

Has anyone heard of this Ewan Gotfryd guy? According to IMDB, he won a regional Emmy award in 2015 for “Best Director - Live or Recorded Live”. However, when I go to NATAS Michigan’s site, their 2015 award winner for that category doesn’t list him at all. Even to account for off-by-one errors, he’s not the winner in 2014 or 2016 either.

I’m not sure what the “etiquette” is around listing yourself as a winner of a production you’re an extremely small part of, but it seems like that’s what he does. For example, I don’t know that I’d list myself as the winner of a regional Emmy for a concert recording when my involvement didn’t even warrant an IMDB credit, or a Sundance award winner for some uncredited relationship to a documentary about Elmo. He was a credited field producer for a Michael Moore film that picked up a few awards, and he seems to have a short film that generated some buzz, but that regional Emmy is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Possible this guy has a lot in common with another fabulist we know.

I am impressed that Nathen found a man who clicks so well with the Garfield Eats brand.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is Nathen still alive?

The title might've changed, but meat still never dies.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

azurite posted:

This raises a good point: Who is his intended audience? Us?

Probably, yeah. We're not at the top of the list (we really don't have the reach of some of his other critics), but far as he is concerned, the people who mock him are his greatest fans and friends:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

They're so blatant I feel like I'm in double bluff territory. He does have a lot of people who like to mock him, I could see some of them being not by him.

We may try to copy his mannerisms when we mock him, but I don't think there's ever been a Nathen Mazri impersonator who could truly capture them. Not like this.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

Also anyone who disparages Strange Aeons should be arrested

I don't think that bizarre Nighthawks photoshop is meant to be disparaging, is the thing. It was his big send-off when GarfieldEats finally closed its doors.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Uncle Grandpa and/or Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

I think I have the ultimate Aqua Teen Hunger Force fast food idea. Really, when you look at the characters, it's obvious:

Master Shake's Big Cow Lasagna.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Have Nathen promote it during the next ATHF movie.

We're taking this lasagna party all the way to Boston.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Lmao at not even using Meatwad, but Master Shake

Frylock: "Shake, can I talk to you for a minute?"
Shake, holding a cellphone: "I don't know, Frylock. I'm very busy. I am Entergaging with the customers!"
Frylock: "Shake, what the hell is this?"
Shake: "Whoa-ho-ho! Is that the box!? It is! Why is the picture so small? I told them my image has to take up at least half of the packaging!"
Frylock: "I thought we agreed that Meatwad gets to be the one on the meat products."
Meatwad: "I am fresh and healthy, from faaarm to plate."
Shake: "Nobody wants to see that face on their food! Nobody wants to see that face anywhere!"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

(Beatboxing)
Whoa. Hey!
Don't Garf me!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Happy National Lasagna Day, everyone.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
If you never had a Garfield you won't have to leave a Garfield.

A lonely heart is better than a broken heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Nathen Mazri repeatedly makes references to #Garfield and #GarfieldEats even after GarfieldEats is defunct as a brand and its products have been rebranded as ScoobyEats. He sometimes does this even when talking about grocery stores, which have always been the focus of the ScoobyEats brand in particular.

This is completely intentional because meat never dies.