Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Sleeveless posted:

"What if inoffensive thing for children was actually spooky and mature" is the dumbest loving thing, sorry.
I pretty much agree, as its cynicism-for-its-own-sake is right up there with "ACTUALLY the bad guys from classic literature are the good guys and vice-versa!!!" but you can still appreciate the level of skill and dedication in something like this. Well. MAYBE you can, blackheart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have definitely seen worse dance-fights

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Aesop Poprock posted:

Goons in 2019: I’m thinking about buying the pizza haha

Goons in 2003: I bought ten pizzas and wrote the name of mods on them in pepperoni and cummed on them and ate them all here’s a badly compressed video of it
Hahahaaha

I think the death of GoonCon heralded the end of profoundly terrible ideas put to video on the daily

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Hmm, Heathcliff food.

Heathcliff... Food

Heathcliffood

*bags of money materialize in Dr. Quarex's hands*

My billion-dollar idea at last

Now I am off to reinvest it all in cannot-fail Marmadukeleles

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Nathen Mazri via Thots and Prayers posted:

sitting on the big blue couch of suede with my dearest Nescafe ... I watched Entertainment Tonight, but I wondered if it was up-to-date
I can never thank you enough for bringing me this, as now I can only picture him snuggled up on a $50,000 couch drinking his kids' version of coffee while this plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfVfa_w7NsU&t=30s

No wonder Garfield hit hard

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Amateur Saboteur posted:

iirc the office is the most watched show in history next to friends neither of which i've seen a full season of, the latter even an episode. is this why i relate to no one IRL? is this why i spend every single day in agonizing desolation? this why i often fart in me own mouth?
I wonder similar things, but I actually think the order goes "unable to relate to anyone, ergo never watching 'improv troupe struggling to come up with funny lines' and 'oblivious lovely white people from your high school'"

Yet here we are talking about Garfield

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Watch Viacom cancel Garfield Eats' license

Or, perhaps even more amazingly, this ends up benefiting Mazri

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Pastry of the Year posted:

Yes, this is Garfield these kids are speaking and no, they're not cats; they're Canadian.
Oh god what is this

How have you hijacked my brain with this near-quote

What is it

IT IS MUZZY!!! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Gonna get a Simon & Garfaccino tattoo

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Finally, this is going to all the right places

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
That was definitely a delightful crossover; a true innovator in acronym technology

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah that pizza looks good enough that I would also definitely buy precisely one so I could laugh about it forever in my mind

Really, Mazri's only bad idea in this entire endeavor was starting this restaurant before teleportation technology is perfected.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Uh-ee, spaghettis

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Garfield 18-In-One All-One or None has already been done with that faux Game Boy game I think

Though I would probably purchase a line of Garfield-branded licensed Castile soaps

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Think if they had used the GarfEats Dubai menu in Toronto it might have gone over better; I actually want to eat like five of the things on this page

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Just bumping the thread to admit my shame, I literally just accidentally said "nice to have something to entergage with" out loud when trying to praise the new VR gaming push

Nathen, I pledge myself to you

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

kumba posted:

I'm not a real Mr, but I am a real sub. I am an actual sub.
Hahahaha

I am more embarrassed by understanding the source reference than by appreciating the text

i liiive like a sub

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Duckman2008 posted:

Because in the comics, Garfields favorite foods are Lasagna, Pizza and he drinks a lot of coffee. It is canon.
Wow

How does this thread keep surprising me with fundamental truths about the universe?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I know a woman who told me she would probably bang a guy who bought her an expert LEGO set. The best thing about that conversation was learning about the existence of expert LEGO sets. The worst thing was wondering why I was giving women things like flowers and chocolate like a sucker

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mordja posted:

You know, I'm kind of surprised Big Garfield is so unprotective of its brand. Like, apart from the folly of opening the restaurant itself, there's also the fact that none of the Garfeats social media posts read like they're at all "true to the character" and of course there's the fact that Nathen is publicly going insane(er).

I guess they got their lump sum of money so they don't care tho.
It is a tiny bit surprising since Jim Davis did take down one of Lasagna Cat's videos, but... considering the ones they did not take down, I think anything increasing Garfield Awareness is seen as a net positive. Which, well, is probably the right way to think about it.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I want it done, and I want it done right Mneoww!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

pseudanonymous posted:

Also, what is his obsession with terrible portmanteaus?
I thought the working theory was #schizophrentergagementablishmentarianism

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I did not know anything could make me hate Nathen Mazri. He really is an innovator

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I watched it. I mostly felt proud and vindicated that he turned on Nathen at the same time I did!

It was not really even mean. Just accurate. This thread has been way meaner. Might be he decided playing the Cameo he ordered from Nathen was a bad move?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
He showed Nathen's YouTube? video talking about the coverup and how Bill Gates probably created COVID-19 because Microsoft is benefitting so strongly from this (the author pointing out Bill Gates does not in fact work at Microsoft though that is hardly the main reason Nathen should go to jail for this), covered how incredibly weird it is that Nathen, not Garfield, is the focal point of so much advertising, and questioned how this business of all businesses is expanding rather than collapsing right now.

It ended with the aforementioned Cameo of Nathen explaining "Entergagement," which, wow, sounds even dumber when explained as how someone would choose to be entergaged with the GarfieldEATS APPPPP as a form of multitasking while working on a spreadsheet or something amazing like that.

Edit: Oh yeah, he did also make fun of Nathen for hyping up how he is the world's youngest Garfield licensee and was like "28 is not that young, dude. Plus what, if you were 21, that would not be impressive, just strange"

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 12, 2020

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Vital reading for CodfishCartographer also involving Peppa Pig

https://www.insider.com/peppa-pig-garfield-support-black-out-tuesday-lives-matter-2020-6

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Why did I instantly think of Scarface when you changed Nathen's head to Garfield's?

Garface

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
There actually is a Dagwood sub shop chain already. That was too obvious an idea not to act on decades ago I imagine. Not that I have ever seen one in real life or can possibly Goog to find out where they are

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I mean, as always, this is terrible, but it seems like he has finally come around to the most reasonable suggestion from this thread and is selling Garfield-branded lasagna as actually makes some modicum of sense

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mordja posted:

Nah, as I recall it all started as a pop-up restaurant in Dubai, long gone now.
The Dubai restaurant also had by far the better-sounding menu, though I realize just because the food claimed to have delicious Middle Eastern spices involved does not mean the food actually tasted good.

But I got the same sense of missing out when looking at the Dubai menu as I did when I got dragged to Domino's in England and discovered "Indonesian-spiced chicken skewers with hot chili dip" were just an ordinary food item, and thought about how that was singlehandedly better than anything on the entire U.S. Domino's menu

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am sure someone else noticed this already but the juxtaposition of Nathen and Donald both being the same level of delusional and both having their cons come to an end in November 2020 is like a beautifully rhyming couplet

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Mneowww!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Eldercain posted:

this makes it look like they will be serving dog shoulder as food

the gently caress is that crop
I want to believe it is a cutesy Instagram "part of a collage on the photo wall" move but I also know this is Nathen we are talking about

Edit: It is, but the "oh well" makes no more sense in context, unsurprisingly

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 3, 2020

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
hahahaahha I tried to hold it in but literally busted out laughing at "Scooby Doo Bag of Apples," it has no basis in any known reality and it is so amazing

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Agent Escalus posted:

Why would they so long as the failures only affect Nathen? IP owners get $X just for saying yes to a licensee, and the only easier money than that is making $Y if the venture succeeds and they get a share of the profits in addition to the license fee. His anti-vax posts aside Nathen hasn't really done anything that actively or directly damaged Garfield as a brand. Kind of like how Hulk Hogan's brand value wasn't affected by the quick and total failure of his Pastamania restaurant. It was the secret sex tapes with his racist rants that torpedoed him. If Nathen just keeps doing the same old over and over, all that really means is that a bunch of media conglomerates will have made more money than they otherwise would have if he didn't bother with licensing at all.
I have no doubt that if anything Nathen increased Garfield's value. The Infinite Irony crowd online ate that poo poo up, and suddenly my friends on Instagram were following official Garfield accounts.

This is kind of like how the Ghostbusters reboot created a surge of Ghostbusters legacy sales from the triggered MRA snowflake crowd who were angry about the new movie, ensuring that it was a success even without being profitable on its own.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Frank Frank posted:

The best part is the MRA assholes ranted and raved about the whole “all female” angle when the correct play was to point out that the movie was objectively terrible on its own merits.
Well and my favorite was people who were criticizing it for being terrible before it came out, and getting angry when accused of sexism.

Regardless, we can all agree a new Ghostbusters reboot starring Jim Davis characters would be fantastic

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1l5QpIo3BE

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why is this 25 minutes long?
I think the real answer is that she is of the YouTube Personality variety where every video is in part a continuation of plot threads from previous videos that must be addressed in addition to discussing whatever new content you have. Though I do think she overstated how likely it was that anyone watching needed a reminder who Nathen Mazri was.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I honestly think he assumes Scooby saying "yikes" is spelled "jikes." And of course now I cannot remember if Scooby actually says "yikes" though it seems right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The Tweet being gone instantly makes me laugh to envision him scheduling it in TweetDeck in like August and forgetting to delete it once he gave up on the concept

(though that would suggest a level of forethought outside his normal parameters)