Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

PostNouveau posted:

:psyduck: THREE actresses from Ted Lasso got nominated in that category

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Alex Borstein (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)

Hannah Einbinder (“Hacks”)

Janelle James (“Abbott Elementary”)

Kate McKinnon (“Saturday Night Live”)

Sarah Niles (“Ted Lasso”)

Sheryl Lee Ralph (“Abbott Elementary”)

Juno Temple (“Ted Lasso”)

Hannah Waddingham (“Ted Lasso”)

What a travesty of a list. Even if it is just the Emmys none of these people deserve a nod over Sarah Goldberg. Sarah Niles character specifically wasn't funny or even a significant part of the show. This is almost meta for her character in Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

God Hole posted:

my one gripe (and i'm sure this is an unpopular opinion) is that Noho Hank really started to grate on me. he kind of felt a joss whedon character dropped in to declare "well that happened" after every major plot beat

Noho Hank is the bridge character from the underworld to normality. He also serves as a plot device to move Barry back towards murder. There's also a parallel between Barry and Hank as in neither truly wants to do what they're doing which results in Noho Hank murdering people and essentially becoming Barry.

He's a little ridiculous but an unique character. I enjoy him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

roomtone posted:

fuches is really funny. took a while but he was my favourite character last season. he is such a piece of poo poo.

Every scene he's in I try to guess how he's going to be a piece of poo poo this time, it makes the character really fun. So far S4 keeps subverting me. I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This show is just so ridiculous yoyoing between whimsical hollywood problems and overt intense drama. Insane show

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FireWorksWell posted:

Despite all the stuff Barry's done in this show the way he acts in this episode disturbs me more than anything else so far

It's pretty much mask off Barry's always been a twisted psychopath/sociopath. The show is all about tricking you into liking him and rationalizing what he's doing but now it's like oh poo poo this dude is actually loving insane and is actively doing weird poo poo you read about in a murderer biopic about a weird rear end family later on.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cojawfee posted:

You were never supposed to like Barry.

I think initially you're supposed to sympathize with him because Fuches is using him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Definitely feel like Hader had the ending thought out before the middle and the last season kind of just wrapped it up to that point. I don't quite believe that everything would get pinned on Gene and that Barry would be seen as a hero in the movie after the storyline of the last season. I love the ending I just thought the episodes leading up to it didn't quite connect.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pirate Jet posted:

Have you seen American Sniper?

I meant that I don't believe the way the characters acted and the lines they said in the situations they were put in would lead to the conclusion that happened on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mandrel posted:

i just wrote off any pacing issues as Hader opting to wrap it up in 4 seasons to beat the writer's strike. after S3 he was still saying the plans was for 5 seasons, then at some point it changed to 4 being the last one. figured he just saw the writing on the wall and condensed what he had

Thats what the whole season 4 felt like. Not that he was rushing but because he was like whelp no need to pad this out anymore lets just get to the ending. All the acting was great but the scenes and conclusions jumped to through dialogue felt rushed/half thought out to get to the finale.