Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pinch punch first day of the month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jeremy Hussein Hitler Stalin Corbyn and his cult of far-left turbo extreme communists have airbrushed out the beautiful image of Anthony Blair, a magnificent and wondergul man who people keep denigrating because he killed a bunch of people that don't really matter because they never had columns in the Guardian.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Gort posted:

If a Nazi assassinated Corbyn I wonder if any of these Tory shites would even cry crocodile tears for the public
Nah they'd trot out the same shite that the right did when Christchuch massacre happened; "Well this is all very unfortunate and tragic, but lets be honest; did they have it coming?"

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Assange is definitely getting whisked off the US and tortured for the rest of his life.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi, I'm the powerful and ever strong Brexiteer that is certain of our domination of Europe in any future negotiations with our relationship with the EU but also terrified out of my boxers that a twenty year old stuck in a Syrian refugee camp without British citizenship and under constant media scrutiny maybe possibly could destroy us all via a method I haven't yet thought about.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi, I'm the Guardian writer who is 100% against Brexit, but might be convinced to support a no-deal if Jess Phillips came out in support of it on the provision that she'd let us lick her working class but beautiful, unsullied (Game of Thrones reference) feet.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dead Goon posted:

What if she swore and called you names in a working class but loveable manner?
By "working class but lovable manner" I assume that you mean "accent that isn't from the South East but isn't Scotch or Welshish", in which case I reply; you've read my mind.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The moment in Star Trek Beyond where they beat the bad guy through the weapon of playing "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys is better than every single moment of that tedious franchise put together.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

mehall posted:

No, to the contrary
Star Trek is very bad.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Nearly all Marvel movies are forgettable, bland and poorly made.

Into the Spider-Verse on the other hand is a solid gold treasure.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rarity posted:

People say that Muslims are good but have you ever considred that they are bad.

Big think.
The left wing media never talks about them being bad either. Pick up any newspaper on any day and it's always headlined with "Muslims are brilliant, let's bring on more terrorisms against Westerners "

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jose posted:

This was she was too busy to bother defending ilhan Omar or the fact trump is telling officials to break the law because he will pardon them. Loves to enable fascism
Yeah but she clapped at Donald Trump in a funny way, so she is now our Khalessi.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

If we're still doing sci-fi chat, I forgot to mention that of all the great characters in the expanse, Jared Harris steals literally every loving scene he's in and should be in more stuff. :v:

Yeah he's fantastic. I'm a big fan of Cara Gee as Drummer too.

The only weak link in the cast of the Expanse is Holden, and that's not that big a deal given how much time the other characters get.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Reports coming in that the workers were all Muslim and were replacing the building materials with ones blessed with The Holy Koran so it would actually become a mosque in the eyes of Allah. The managers knew about this but we're afraid to say anything because they were afraid of being called racist.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

baka kaba posted:

I'm fully expecting an unironic "Jeremy is happy about this because he hates historical european architecture" take or two from y'all's favourite tweeters
And if he isn't, they'll get him with the greatest put down in human history; accuse him of being a hypocrite.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bundy posted:

I know nothing of the author but always happy to see someone dunk on Grayling

https://twitter.com/J_Bloodworth/status/1118127176379969537
I wrote him off as a oval office when he started attacking the left for not being fully on board with intervening in Venezuela and the concept of "regime change", going as far as to describe the far-left as being too "conservative". First of all, why on earth would you care what the far-left thinks on this subject when they hold absolutely no power to put the breaks on anything, and secondly since when is it conservative to have negative opinions of the Wests attempts at foreign intervention when their record with them is loving terrible?

Anyway, he blocked me when he threw a shitfit after I compared him to the kind of journalist that promoted the Iraq War back in the day.

That tweet above though is decent though.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Lol at a TV presenter for Sky news attacking anyone on their social class, competence or demands to be heard.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love American politics. The Democrats are handed a weapon that they can use against the Republicans and the twelve dimensional chess idea for using is...to actually not use it. We'll probably find out one day that the Democrats had a tape of Brett Kavanaugh admitting his crimes, but they refused to use it because they felt it was too undignified to do so.

On the other hand, they'll probably fight tooth and nail to prevent Bernie Sanders becoming the nominee (and in the event that he does, actively work against him during the election) so they can select the inspirational Pete Buttigieg to as the one that gets fed to Trump.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I want to see some Europeans do some "spins" on lovely British food, like making roast dinners actually palatable, and then witness the onslaught of the Brits who insist that the absolute dogshit they call a national cuisine is actually really good and you can't change anything about the ingredients because they're too precious.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

I'm sad you never had a good roast dinner but you need to remedy that rather than talking poo poo about roast dinners generally
lol I've had enough roast dinners now to know that they should be written off. My favourite thing about them though is that the absolute worst kind of roast dinner is reserved for Christmas day.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

i am harry posted:

This just reads like you don't know how to cook food
I've never cooked a roast because roasts are bad.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

feedmegin posted:

I am making a lamb roast tomorrow and YOU CAN'T STOP ME MUAHAHAHA
I've got tapas. Me 1, You 0.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

lol imagine eating something as poo poo as turkey

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is it OK to be annoyed by Laurie Penny? I find her an insufferable posh priviliged Oxbridge twit who won't shut about how she's actually really kooky and basically a "manic pixie dream girl but in a good way" to the point she wrote more than one article trying to take down Zooey Deschenal.
I thought she was done after she let herself get owned by David Starkey of all people, but I think her articles on Milo (which I thought were alright tbh) got her written off by leftists and libs.

So yeah, its fine to be annoyed by her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Someone should reply "Sorry, but 'debate me!' is a fascist trope"