Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I really don't feel like there has been a cohesive arc in the first two, but maybe everything will make sense when this comes out.

The story is secondary to cool visuals and fan service. OMG REY IS PALPATINES GRANDDAUGHTER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I hope palpatine is puttering around underwater. That'd make sense.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
After all is said and done, it is clear that on the whole SW is garbage. The OT movies were fun, but everything else is terrible.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

basic hitler posted:

I hate george Lucas but i admire this 4D chess move. Like disney star wars is truly awful. He got mad at the fans for being mad at him, cashed out to the worst game in town and sat back while they turned a gigantic piece of boomer amd gen x nostalgia into the blandest pap ever made
I thought the new ones had to be better than the prequels, but they're somehow even more forgettable.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The actual ideas he's mentioned are unfathomably dumb but they are a lot more interesting than what we got

Let's just be honest with ourselves and admit SW was a phenomenon in the right place at the right time. Everything trying to recapture the magic of the OT will fail no matter what.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
The idea that Skywalker supplants jedi as the term for force users is so terrible. That better not be the case.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
You do know kids love the fart part though.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I like when Padme falls out of the flying craft while going super fast and then just hops up and says let's go.

Natalie Portman was so terrible in that role. AoTC actually makes me feel ill. I don't know if it is the gratuitous CGI or what, but what an ugly movie. Yoda dancing around was dumb as gently caress and I cringed when so many people thought it was badass.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I'm trying to think of a single sequence I enjoyed in the prequels. I'm coming up empty.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

We just went over this it’s the diner sequence.
It wasn't really good. Why would some planet far away have a diner with a 50s aesthetic?

Maul was solid. Qui Gonn talking into a lady razor was not.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
She could just lay on the ground instead of jumping.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

That dancing scene Lucas added in to RotJ is godawful.
No poo poo. The sarlacc tentacles and mouth are terrible too.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Star Wars: Episode 10, with score by Trent Reznor

gently caress yeah

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Richard M Nixon posted:

I always thought the 'proper' Kessel run explanation was that the Kessel region of space is full of black holes or some other spatial anomaly and he was able to pass within 12 parsecs without being sucked in or otherwise spacefucked.

That was some dumb poo poo made up by nerds.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
The fact that SW has had far more lovely movies than good movies should be all you need to know about how good of a franchise it is. Why does anyone think they'll be good again?!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I'm seeing this, but I'll be smoking a fat blunt beforehand, so I'll probably just zone out and then realize how much I hated it a few days later.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
They brought him back with zero explanation? How can anyone be ok with that?!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

dick wizard posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Killed By Your Own Force Lightening Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Stop Shooting It from Your Hands Like Nigga Point Your Hand At The Ground Haha

You'd think he'd have learned his lesson after his face got all hosed up from the lightning before.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
He was already killed before anyway, so how can that moment have any gravitas at all? They can just keep bringing him back with no explanation.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Don't even pretend like the emperor whipping out a lightsaber again would have been a good thing. In Jedi the Emperor doesn't even have a lightsaber and giving him one in RotS was a mistake

Same with giving Yoda one. I saw AoTC in theaters and remember how cringeworthy it was when like 500 nerds nutted at that scene.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I saw it. Pacing was terrible with the entire movie being fetch quests.

Anyone else dislike Finn? He's just such an annoying character. He wasn't nearly as bad in TFA, but he ended up being the idiot saying they need to save Rey everytime she did anything. Does he not see she's a loving superhero?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I don't know if Qui-Gon was supposed to paint jedi as complete idiots, but every word out of his mouth was annoying. The prequels made the jedi completely unlikable. The sequel trilogy then made the only cool jedi (Luke) completely unlikable. There are no characters in the prequels or sequels worth rooting for.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

halokiller posted:

I hope it continues to become a tradition of Lucas or co. to keep loving with the Greedo scene for every new special edition that comes out.
It never needed to be adjusted, and the horrible head swerve looks so terrible. Nevermind the whole maclunkey thing.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Aotc is by far the worst SW movie. The holiday special is more watchable.

Also, I was all confused at The Mandalorian timelime because everybody kept calling that baby yoda, yoda. Yoda is dead.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

its a yoda. not yoda. come on dude.

Did you forget about Yaddle? Yoda was his name.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah nobody gives a poo poo, its a yoda and its a baby yoda from the species yoda on the planet yoda

I'm just saying I thought the show took place before the OT. Settle down, Beavis.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Why even bother? They physics in SW have always been fantastical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I like that they gently caress up and put "Yoda da man" at the end which removes whatever silver of clever wordplay existed.