Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

drat I wish I was unemployed

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FLAP FLAP

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this rules, however, what if it was beatboxing yuri

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Julias posted:

This. Especially because Sony is trying to produce a Robotech Movie and make it into a "Harry Potter level-franchise". May the movie bomb and be a wake up call to these idiots. Nobody outside of 40+ year old turbo-nerds will even care about it, and a bunch of them have probably widened up to liking it because the internet is a thing and they have certainly learned about all the original properties that got cannibalized and screwed as a result of this.

The movie isn't going to bomb, it's never going to be made. Like they're still acting like the dude who did the IT remake is attached to direct but there was a report three days ago that he's working on a Flash movie. It's so loving dead, and after Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel bombed there's no way it's gonna be revived.

It sucks but sitting on a franchise like this and signing deals with movie studios is likely more profitable than actually licencing Macross. RIP

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Julias posted:

Um, what the gently caress are you talking about? Reception to the new Alita was generally mixed-to-positive, with a budget of $170 million, earning $404.9 million in the box office, and is currently the eighth highest-grossing film of 2019. There are even plans for sequels to it https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hiptoro.com/p/alita-battle-angel-2-james-cameron-planning-a-trilogy/amp/

Congrats to Alita: Battle Angel for earning about the same amount as Solo: A Star Wars Story. That's better than I thought it did, so yea bomb was the wrong word, but I don't think Sony is going to be rushing to copy its success.

Also, chill? I didn't realize you had a problem with me.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol what the gently caress

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I only vaguely remember that but I was saying I was wrong and endorph was right, sorry if that came off wrong? I got the sense that endorph was speaking generally there and not at me so I didn't say "I was wrong" but maybe I should have. I don't think it really matters.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My solution: just stop posting!

:justpost:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I blame alita: battle angel for this. Deeply cursed movie

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm sorry about your curse

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

VRV and Crunchyroll are the same company and yea I believe everything on CR is on VRV. HiDive is a different anime streaming service from a company called Sentai Filmworks, which used to put everything they licence on CR but haven't for a few years.

It is weird and confusing but I guess you could sign up for HiDive through VRV and not CR so I guess they gotta list it twice.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

K. Flaps posted:

What the gently caress does this mean.

whatever you want it to mean

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Patlabor 2 rules and I think about it a lot, it's probably my favorite Oshii. Idk how it betrays the series even tho yea it's way different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

homeless snail posted:

that scene is the entire movie

yea it owns

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

the final episode is this 3 story simultaneous narrative that details jim hensons final days and stress at dealing with disney and the jim henson hour, the procession of his wake, and the tv aired memorial special all at the same time and it was too much, i cried a bunch.

It's real good and I recommend it even if you're not that into henson

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nrook posted:

Do English releases of more obscure anime ever go on sale?

I was going to buy the first season of March Comes In Like A Lion. But it's, um, $250.

That's an Aniplex USA series and I don't believe they release anything for a reasonable price, though maybe it'll be on sale for black friday? I doubt it, though.

Sentai and Funimation series are much more affordable.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Anyway, I looked into what Sentai is releasing and apparently they're coming out with blu-rays for Mr. Tonegawa? Even though we never got Kaiji? That's wild.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Funimation seems to be picking up some Aniplex stuff so maybe we might get some of the latter releases more affordably down the road.

(Please, Lord, release the Read or Die TV show for a decent price.)

Are they? I was under the impression that Aniplex was trying to do all their US releases themselves now. I remember when the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood funi license ended and now that series is only available in two $100 boxes.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

she's scatman

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nAzP-iRnpE

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lmao at the three camera dots. please destroy that $1k phone

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sentai black friday owns I got Land of the Lustrous for $14

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of Black Friday, pray for me and all the other fools working retail this week.

Stay home on Friday if you can help it, and please be courteous and kind to service workers.

black friday is basically a week, I got all I wanted already. but yea good luck!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Crunchyroll did it's top 100 list of the decade if you want to be mad at it like I am on twitter I guess https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/anime-feature/2019/11/26-1/crunchyroll-editorials-top-100-anime-of-the-decade-25-1

The cowards listed it alphabetically

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

trying to remember what I watched over a year is exhausting I can't even conceptualize trying to rank a whole decade

it requires charts and graphs

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

wondering what you call the opposite of an asparagus and bacon girl

legoshi beastars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

untitled username posted:

this took me longer to make than I care to admit and imgur changed the filename but

nyanpasu, my friend

nyan

pasu