Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Myssu posted:

He also apparently has recurring knee injuries and would therefore suit Arsenal perfectly.

I thought Fekir hasn't had any injuries issues since the transfer to Liverpool fell through besides a minor ankle one.

I've seen some reports that Spurs are in for Fekir.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/15/report-tottenham-want-lyons-nabil-fekir/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

If they meant business, they'd stump up 40,000,001 GBP.

Or whatever the extra charge Newcastle pushed on Liverpool for Andy Carroll was.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Apparently he wants more control at PSG and wants more input in transfers and was quoted saying "Don't bring in any more Brazilians"

What a racist.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

advanced statsman posted:

if i were psg i'd try to keep m'bappe and sell neymar to some dumb italian club

I don’t think anyone in Italy outside of Juventus could afford Neymar and Juve might not be able to pull it off either.

Maybe he’ll go to City as a big middle finger to FFP and the general concept of competitiveness.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

bewbies posted:

why on earth would any one not want de ligt

liverpool won't get him, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be trying really hard to do so

sell matip and lovren both to help pay the fee for de ligt, sign some old dude on a free (I'm looking at you vermaelen) to be the 4th CB

I think there’s an issue with how much De Ligt would cost in terms of fee and wages versus his likelihood of starting and how much the money needs to be spent elsewhere. You have a good point, but the timing is a little unfortunate given how much good fullback cover and better bench attacking options are needed.

Liverpool do need to have a plan for Lovren, though. We know the guy’s ceiling and fitness issues and he’s getting older.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

I think if Lovren's happy to stay then there's an argument to keep him for another year whilst Hoever gets bedded in, then in the season after have VVD/Gomez, Matip, Hoever.

I would like to know where Lovren's wages are at. I forget how many years he has left on his contract too, although I do remember it being extended recently. Maybe back in 2018?

I'm psyched for Hoever to get more playing time. Hopefully that starts happening because Liverpool needs to start producing more talent in-house to have a prayer of catching up consistently to City's level.

Have any serious fullback links surfaced yet? Clyne seems to be dead and Moreno is almost certainly off to Spain. Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are so important that better coverage in that position is essential.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

We definitely need a centre back to pair with Lindelof. I was hoping it'd be Bailley but every time he plays into some form bits start falling off him.

Maybe this is for another thread, but did Mourinho (and/or Jorge Mendes) have to do all the scouting and target-identifying during his time at United? For better or worse, I've been lurking on RedCafe and there seemed to be a lot of debate on why Mourinho kept identifying targets that Woodward pushed back on. Some people blame Mourinho for lacking imagination and others blamed the club for not having a better sporting director in place to deal with all the scouting and recruitment.

Maybe successful scouting is just hard. It seemed like Liverpool was on an endless merry-go-round until Van Dijk came and we all know how painful that transfer saga got. I know it feels like Man-U have bought a good number of central defenders, but it might just take one really good CB to make it all look like it has fallen into place.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Why would Guardiola move? He has bottomless funds and a club willing to do what it takes to play the kind of football he loves. The fans love him too. City are like a sensibly run Barcelona at this point.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Ramos seems to be getting pushed out of Madrid, and Juve are supposedly in for him at Ronald's request :shepicide:

Ramos does have experience with winning in Europe using every method possible. It might be a good short term boost.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Who is the last PSG youth to come through

Raibot?

EDIT: Mamadou Sakho was promoted from the PSG youth ranks too.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 25, 2019

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

Presumably as karmic punishment for me laughing at the idea of Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, or Petr Cech as sporting directors, papers are now linking Stuart Webber to Man U.

Has he been good? I like Norwich, but now I hope he’s incompetent.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Let me know when you find one.

Women's Handball

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
How much was Ronaldo getting at Madrid?

Spending a ton of cash on Neymar would be a waste given all the other positions that need refreshing, but that has never stopped Madrid before.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Raffles posted:

Sturridge and Moreno have officially left Liverpool

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1135939084994715648

I recently saw rumors of Barca picking up Moreno on a free and I can think of worse ways for them to fill out their squad options.

I have no idea where Sturridge will go. He seems like he wants to stay in England.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

He's a clownshoes trashman OP, so bad James Milner was preferred at left back as backup.

Moreno needs to be played into form and he was getting pretty good before the past injury that eventually led to Robertson taking his place.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but his weaknesses are most glaring when opposing sides are capable of fighting back and I don’t think that’s as big of a problem for Barca’s domestic cup and league commitments. Liverpool are a different animal.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Emery wants him apparently.

He probably knows Moreno from his time at Sevilla. I bet it would work out well, but I seem to rate Emery more than most Arsenal fans.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Yep. A weird part of it is that she’s a decidedly average looking woman and way less attractive than other WAGs.

Maybe she's batshit crazy, but really good in bed. (I would know what that situation is like as a big sex-haver.)

It still boggles my mind that Madrid hasn't just stuck with Navas. That guy rules.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tao of lmao posted:

Wolves interested in Rafael Camacho from LFC. Apparently for around 10 mil, he’s willing to move. Is he any good?

Edit: source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/06/06/wolves-hope-to-sign-liverpool-starlet/

Unless you watch the reserve team matches and follow the youth team discussion threads on RAWK and other Liverpool forums, it's hard to have an informed opinion. As far as senior team appearances go, he has only made 1 league and 1 FA Cup appearance. He would probably be left in Liverpool's youth development incubator/limbo until some opportunity opened up due to a senior team injury crisis or he otherwise managed to make a massive development step.

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2019/06/05/camacho-could-leave-liverpool-after-tempting-offer-from-wolves/

On the other hand, He's a Sporting Lisbon product (which may be helping fuel Nuno Santo's interest) and Camacho has done well in his U-23 appearances for Liverpool with 12 goals and 8 assists in 20 matches. Liverpool rate him, so I suspect they'll try to put in a decent buy-back clause if a deal goes through.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

He's "highly rated" whatever that means. Just remember the subsequent records of Jordon Ibe, Brad Smith etc. Suso's about the only one of our highly rated yoof prospects that's worked out for another team. Oh, and Peter Gulasci several years later.

Martin Kelly has carved out a good career for himself.

And do we get to call Raheem Sterling an academy product?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

They'd both had plenty of experience in the first team when they were sold, so not quite the same thing

Good point.

But Conor Coady has worked out for Wolves pretty well, right Tao?

Whatever happened to Andre Wisdom?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Inter have told Icardi that he'll never play for them again, so he needs to go talk to other clubs to facilitate a transfer, but Wanda said that they won't accept any deal and would rather he sit on his rear end for the last 2 years of his contract.

What exactly was Wanda demanding on Mauro's behalf? Some unpalatable wage increase? I find the whole saga a bit puzzling since Icardi is otherwise good enough to command a good transfer fee and probably get a salary increase if he moved.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

It’s not entirely Wanda’s fault, but the club doesn’t want to deal with her and she had a crying meltdown on live television a few months ago.

They want to deal with someone straightforward and honest. Someone they can understand. Like Mino Raiola.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Does Ed Woodward live in Manchester? That guy must get harassed by angry fans every day at this point.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

The Lukaku we bought from Everton would have been great under Ole's system imo, the big lumbering oaf Mourinho turned him into in an attempt to recreate Drogba The Second, not so much.

Was that Mourinho or was that the Belgium national team telling Lukaku to start taking all that creatine?

I thought the whole hype around Lukaku was that he looked like he was going to be another Drogba.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

Hey good news everybody, United are preparing an improved contract for De Gea.

Well at least they didn't leave it far too late and let the uncertainty gently caress up half of their season and drop them out of the Champions League or anything.

loving incompetent fuckwits.

I take it you view his dip in form as temporary rather than a sign that he just wants to leave.

He could be good again next season, but even if he gets back closer to his old self, I wonder if that style of keeper will fit the sexy attacking football Solksjaer wants to play.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I thought Trippier was good, though. Are his wage demands too high? Why wouldn't Spurs just extend his deal?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

wooger posted:

Do you watch a lot of football?
He had a nightmare this season, looked like garbage in many many games - which does in itself make it odd that anyone wants to buy him.

His replacement got injured, so they had to start him.
He’s great at putting in crosses.

I figured he was a work in progress and also suffering from the general squad fatigue issues that plagued Spurs all season.

I didn't realize he was 28 already.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Total Meatlove posted:

Ineffective loan spells and needing a kick up the arse seemed to be the Kent story last season and he did brilliantly so that might bode well

Gerrard still has a lot of ties to Liverpool from his U-18 and U-19 coaching stints, so I think he has been getting enough straight talk about players like Ojo to make good loan decisions.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Healbot posted:

Hummels to Bayern is agreed on in principle, for up to €38m.

Dortmund sold him back to Bayern already?!?! :)

In all seriousness, is Hummels still good? Seems like Bayern are moving on and Dortmund are picking up the sloppy thirds.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I really just can’t believe that there’s enough interest in long form sports journalism to warrant the investment they seem to be making.

Are they supported by a sovereign wealth fund?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Rabiot is on his way to Turin, sounds like that one is done, 4 year deal, mom gets a nice signing bonus. Juve have to get rid of a midfielder or two now, Kherida is obvious, expecting Matuidi to be put on the market too.

Is Rabiot that good? I've never seen him play and he seems to have the demands of someone who thinks he's a world-beater.

Also, is Mino Raiola single? This guy's mom looks like someone who can hang.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

I know he punched a dude and it was funny for some reason, but beyond that no

It was funny because he let Scott Brown troll him into doing something stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AViouZzWBt0

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Smeef posted:

Shanghai is really nice.

I do not agree, but I suppose it is pretty cosmopolitan and there are a lot of ex-pats.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

hadji murad posted:

This is me except I’ve replaced China with America and it holds up

Chinese air quality is another level of horrible, but whatever gives you a chuckle is okay with me.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

I cannot think of anyone meaningful signed out of the Bebe transfer.

Bebe was a Jorge Mendes client, wasn't he? As objectionable as it is, I can see the reasoning for giving Mendes a sweetener since that guy usually represents some good, high tier players.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gorn Myson posted:

Theres definitely something strange going on. Its not like Fekir's quality was in doubt a year ago, but the way in which the move collapsed and the fact that hes gone from a top 3 French side to a mid-table Spanish one for a third of the money that Liverpool offered suggests that something isn't being said about him.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I thought his knees were extra dodgy?

Also I think Fekirs contract was winding down

I thought the failure was due to what the medical exam uncovered about Fekir's knees as well. From what I remember, most of the reliable ITKs were saying that Liverpool got so spooked about potential long term issues that they tried to restructure the fee they would have paid to Lyon and Aulas told Liverpool to pound sand.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Weaponized Cum posted:

I hope he does well

Did he ever get a chance at Spurs? I don't think I ever saw him play.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I don't think Liverpool are going to sign anyone else for the rest of the summer window and it may not end well unless multiple youth players turn out to be superstars.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I thought Kean was Juve’s future. I’m surprised they’re selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Total Meatlove posted:

How will City and Pep deal with such a threadbare squad?

The Sane fee will help City keep creditors at bay. They’ll just have to roll with the punches.