Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

That just makes me wonder what other "GM Only" commands they might've hosed up the permissions on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Did you know "mob" comes from muds and refers to "mobile entity" and not "a bunch of dudes who want to kill you"

I hate "toon" partly because it just sounds stupid but mostly because like Airspace referenced it makes me think of Roger Rabbit every. loving. time.

I hate toons.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 27, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Sufficient posted:

Ognar, you asked for it a couple of days ago, but here was my Fortuna's pre-purple build. Maybe you can get some ideas from it.

Hey Sufficient, I (@Smello in game) took this cheap build and made some tweaks to it, and figured I'd post it. Starting from your build worked out much better than mine, so thank you for the ideas - I never think to look for low-value recharge bonuses to fill things out, but they make all the difference to a widow. This is a fairly cheap, zero-purples and no Incarnate build, though still with the Shield Wall 5% resist and all the LotGs. My goal was to keep your massive recharge while alleviating end use/recovery so it wouldn't rely on Agility, and a few other changes to taste. I'm definitely a min-maxer, and am happy to use Ninja Run as my main travel power and lean on the extra P2W attacks if I can make them useful.

A run down of the changes, some of which you may have already done since:

Removed these powers:

-Pool Assault & Maneuvers: I know giving everyone super Def sounds great, but the teammates who really need it are probably above the cap already; unless you're on a team full of just blasters and doms the pool Maneuvers doesn't seem worth it, Assault's bonus is too low to be worth the end IMO, and you certainly don't need the extra LoTG mule.
-Strike: I was never using this at all. Mu Lighting, TK Blast, and Subdue make up a complete attack chain while Hasten is up, which it usually is, and it's nice to have a ST chain that doesn't need to be in melee. Boxing is obligatory, and it can be slotted with the same set, so I just took that earlier instead.
-Psychic Scream: loving hate cones. The damage is too low to use it as a ST attack, and hitting multiple targets with it is a pain in the rear end, forget it.
-Super Jump: Ninja Run is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Added these powers:

-Combat Jumping: Playing without it just frustrates me.
-Subdue: On paper the damage may be less than strike, but it's psionic, so it seems to do more typically from my limited experimentation. Plus having a full ranged chain with TK blast keeping the guy on the floor just feels great. It also takes decimation:buildup%, for a nice little ST DPS boost.
-Combat Training: Offensive: The main benefit of grabbing this early is that its acc applies to Sands of Mu, Blackwand, and Nem Staff. These powers should help fill in your attack chain while exemplaring, while offering options against psionic-resistant mobs. This is why I have no problem focusing entirely on Psionic (and Elec) for my main attacks.
-The level 49 power is kind of a wild card. You could pick up a travel if you really want to, or grab Weave for some extra Def buffer, Vengeance if you want a res, pool Assault for damage.. but I grabbed Summon Striker, because with all the team buffs and global recharge you can get more than usual mileage out of it. It still doesn't really add much though.

Slotting changes:

-First thing I noticed was the Numina in Health but no third slot in Stamina. The extra EndMod IO is worth more than any global, so moved that slot. Ultimately moved a slot back in to put Numina back though.
-Yeah, I really feel the kb:kd in TK blast is necessary, especially when your attack chain is all ranged. I kept knocking dudes into the next group without it.
-Moved the Steadfast 3% from Tough to Indom. Put the recovered slot in Sprint, since I leave it on constantly and its end cost is higher.
-I don't think Unbreakable's end discount (additive with all other discounts), en/neg resist (total still low), or bonus HP are particularly worth it. Replaced it with 2-slot Reactive Armor for extra s/l res. Put the extra slot in Combat Training: Defensive to add a Kismet: Accuracy global, again helping the temp powers to be useful.
-Unbounded Leap: Stealth in Sprint is slightly cheaper than Celerity.

Playstyle:

All toggles up including Sprint, Hasten on Auto, Mind Link whenever it comes up. Run at x8, jump into groups and launch Aim & Psychic Wail. Ball Lightning or Spin any clumps of survivors, or pick them off with Mu Lightning -> TK Blast -> Subdue. Aura of Confusion is your main Oh poo poo. Can also use Total Dom, but it's mainly there to combine with Dominate for holding bosses. Sometimes eat a blue to keep going, you will need fewer than what drops naturally. Don't worry about purples or oranges, instead try to keep a supply of greens. Travel with Ninja Run, remember to switch back to CJ before combat. Keep Sands of Mu, Blackwand, & Nemesis Staff trayed somewhere, and don't be afraid to use them whenever psionic powers are ineffective.

Suggested upgrades:

-Swapping TK Blast's Sudden Accel kb:kd for Overwhelming Force's adds an extra KB chance, and seems to make a huge difference.
-I put unbounded leap in Sprint for a small movement bonus. Changing it to Celerity gives a s/l resist bonus. That would probably be better I guess but I like to go fast.
-At 50, the purple "Coercive Persuasion: Contagious Confusion" is a better option than the damage proc in Aura of Confusion. It's really an "Oh poo poo" power for when you get overwhelmed, not something you're using for damage, and that proc ensures more of the group gets affected. Be wary of confused mobs aggroing other groups.
-You could swap the 3% Def in Indomitable Will for the Unbreakable Guard 7.5% Max HP. You're already above the Def soft cap after all, but -def is really common, so the extra buffer is nice; but the +HP is less situational.
-Boxing is slotted to match Sufficient's slotting for Strike, but the power still isn't really useful, it's just there for Tough. The set bonuses are nice though. If you could find the same/better bonuses elsewhere, feel free to remove them from here.
-Ditto Spin, which I haven't gotten much good use out of, but then I haven't been exemplaring much either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoH Planner link

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Widowbot Cheap: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(A), EntChs-Acc/Dmg:35(3), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx:35(3), EntChs-Dmg/Rchg:35(5), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(5), EntChs-Heal%:35(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(7), Ksm-ToHit+:30(9)
Level 2: Subdue Dcm-Acc/Dmg:40(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx:40(11), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:40(11), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:40(13), Dcm-Build%:40(13)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(19), LucoftheG-Def:50(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21)
Level 6: Combat Training: Offensive Acc-I:50(A)
Level 8: Boxing CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:50(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:50(23), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg:50(23), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(25), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25)
Level 10: Indomitable Will StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A)
Level 12: Spin Obl-Dmg:50(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg:50(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29)
Level 14: Dominate GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(A), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(31), GhsWdwEmb-EndRdx/Hold:50(31), GhsWdwEmb-Hold/Rng:50(31)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 18: Combat Jumping LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 20: Mask Presence LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34)
Level 22: Foresight LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(34), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), LucoftheG-Def:50(36)
Level 24: Mind Link Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Rct-ResDam%:50(39)
Level 26: Total Domination GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(A), GhsWdwEmb-Hold/Rng:50(39), GhsWdwEmb-EndRdx/Hold:50(39), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Rchg:50(40)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 30: Aim GssSynFr--Build%:50(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail Obl-Dmg:50(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), Obl-%Dam:30(42)
Level 35: Mu Lightning Dcm-Acc/Dmg:40(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:40(43), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg:40(43), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:40(43), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx:40(45)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion Ccp-Dam%:30(A), MlsIll-Acc/Rchg:50(45), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx:50(45), MlsIll-Conf/Rng:30(46), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(46), MlsIll-Dam%:50(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(48), PstBls-Dam%:50(50)
Level 44: Hasten RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(50)
Level 47: Tough RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(A), RctArm-ResDam:40(50)
Level 49: Summon Striker BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint UnbLea-Stlth:50(A), UnbLea-EndRdx:50(9)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health Prv-Absorb%:50(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(15), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(15)
Level 2: Hurdle Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(17), EndMod-I:50(17)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 19, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Brave New World posted:

/macro Ninja "powexec_name Combat Jumping$$powexec_name Ninja Run"

There ya go. :)

Do you one better:

/bind Tab "powexectray 1 9"
/macro Go "requestexitmission 0$$powexecname Combat Jumping$$powexecname Ninja Run$$powexectoggleon Sprint$$powexectoggleon Mask Presence"
^^ place in tray 9 slot 1

Also just for fun:
/bind LeftDrag "powexectray 5 9"
/macro Tgl "powexectoggleon Sprint$$powexectoggleon Tough$$powexectoggleon Tactical Training: Assault$$powexectoggleon Tactical Training: Leadership$$powexectoggleon Tactical Training: Maneuvers$$powexectoggleon Mask Presence$$powexectoggleon Indomitable Will"
^^ place in tray 9 slot 5, turn on always-on toggles by just clicking and dragging the mouse around

Don't try to school me on binds

^^ You cannot turn two powers on with one button press. One press, one power, that's how it works. But you can put them both on the same button using "powexectoggleon Ninja Run$$powexectoggleon Sprint". But you have to press it twice.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 19, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Platonicsolid posted:

Thanks! I was out of the game before it went down, and I never really mastered slotting, so the second look's appreciated. PEW PEW PEW!

I looked at this too, didn't scroll down to see your export link so i basically just picked your powers, made a couple changes then slotted them myself and this is what I ended up with.

-Purples and ATO sets are expensive. This build is relatively cheap. You could use this until you can afford purples.
-I focused on ranged def, since you're a flier. That meant a lot of Thunderstrike. Secondary focus was recharge, so also a lot of Posi's Blast.
-The first blaster power is never necessary once you have enough recharge, dropped Single Shot.
-Like Mr. Maggy says, Everyone Loves Hasten. Set it to auto by control-clicking it and forget about it. It's not perma here but it's still good.
-Took the primary/secondary powers as early as they're available. Put off Fly/Afterburner until 28/30. If you're exemping below those, use Ninja Run/Beast Run if you need to.
-With passive speed bonuses and one slot, Hover caps non-Afterburner flight speed anyway.
-Aim only gets its initial slot, and that gets Gaussian's build-up%. Due to the way PPM works you don't want to slot it with recharge. Use it, it will build-up most of the time for a massive damage boost for your next attack or two. Let global recharge refresh it. With Drone and Tactics you certainly don't need it for tohit.
-Field Operative gives twice as much recovery as Stamina. Leaned into that. Its Def is pathetic.
-Field Operative grants incomplete stealth. Put a +stealth in Combat Jumping and run both at once. Now you should be near-invisible.
-Maneuvers has Shield Wall +Res, Reactive Defenses +Res; Body Armor has Steadfast +Def, Gladiator's +Def, and Unbreakable +HP. These along with the 5 LoTG +Recharge (edit: and the Panacea +HP/End in Health) will be the most expensive enhancements of the build, mainly because they are so good everybody uses them all the time. They still won't be as pricey as any purple, though.

-Just general FYI, set IOs are always more efficient than generic invention IOs. Two Acc/Dams, even from different sets, will give you more acc and dam boost than one Acc IO and one Dam IO, as an example. You want to minimize common IO use.
-Also an FYI: On Homecoming, buy these sets as Attuned enhancements. Buy PVP and Very Rare (purple) IOs as level 50s. This is because PVP and Purple IOs keep their bonuses all the way down to level 1 already, while regular (Uncommon/Rare) set IOs only go down to their minimum level, and only if they are attuned. The only IOs in this build you should buy non-attuned are the Panacea in Health, the Shield Wall +Res in Maneuvers, and the Gladiator's Armor +Def in Body Armor.

I haven't played this myself, just going by your power picks, ymmv, etc.

Mids build link here!

code:
Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
[url]https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer[/url]

BeamDev: Level 50 Technology Blaster
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Devices
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Munitions Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:	Charged Shot			Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1:	Toxic Web Grenade		TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(7), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(9), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(9), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(11), TraoftheH-Dam%(11)
Level 2:	Cutting Beam			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(15), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 4:	Hasten				RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 6:	Disintegrate			Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 8:	Aim				GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10:	Targeting Drone			AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(25)
Level 12:	Lancer Shot			Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 14:	Hover				LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Flight-I(31), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 16:	Smoke Grenade			ToHitDeb-I(A)
Level 18:	Penetrating Ray			ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(31), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(33), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(33), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(33), ExcCnt-Stun%(34)
Level 20:	Field Operative			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), PrfShf-End%(34), PrfShf-EndMod(34), EndMod-I(36), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 22:	Maneuvers			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 24:	Combat Jumping			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), UnbLea-Stlth(40)
Level 26:	Piercing Beam			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(40), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 28:	Fly				BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 30:	Afterburner			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32:	Overcharge			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 35:	Body Armor			StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(45)
Level 38:	Gun Drone			ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(45), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(46), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(48)
Level 41:	Surveillance			TchofLadG-%Dam(A)
Level 44:	LRM Rocket			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47:	Tactics				AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 49:	Assault				EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1:	Brawl				Empty(A)
Level 1:	Defiance	
Level 1:	Quick Form	
Level 1:	Prestige Power Dash		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Slide		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Quick		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Rush		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Surge		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Sprint				Empty(A)
Level 2:	Rest				Empty(A)
Level 4:	Ninja Run	
Level 2:	Swift				Flight-I(A)
Level 2:	Health				Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2:	Hurdle				Jump-I(A)
Level 2:	Stamina				PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), EndMod-I(17)
------------
Possible changes from here:

-Maybe you don't care about stealth. You could pull the slot out of Combat Jumping then. You could then put the +Stealth in Sprint and just toggle in on situationally.
-The LotG +Def IOs in Combat Jumping, Field Operative, and Hover aren't really giving you very much, like .5 def each. These could be moved elsewhere if you want to.
-You could take Fly/Afterburner at 47 & 49 and Tactics/Assault at 28 & 30 if you're okay with using Ninja/Beast for travel most of the time you exemp. Hover should still be plenty fast enough to use within missions.

Yet another edit: I wasn't paying any attention to Disintegration. It's possible Single Shot might be more useful because of its relationship with that? Only way I'd know that is by playing it.

The Fighting pool Boxing/Tough/Weave would give you extra defense, possibly capping ranged def and getting s/l resist close to 50% (tried this just now, got ranged def to 43.1 and s/l res to 45). You could drop Fly/Afterburner if you're willing to travel with Ninja/Beast, then drop Hasten to free up a pool. The survivability boost would be very worth it when soloing, but not necessary on teams.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 16, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Ghost of Starman posted:

Is there a consensus on which Patron Pool is best for Arachnos Soldiers? Mace Mastery seems like the thematic choice...

Only ones I've tried are Mace and Mu, but Mace's activation times feel really annoyingly slow. Mu's quick lighting zaps are much more fun to use.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Anyone got the instructions for this glitch handy?

-Go to the costume changer in the back of the Steel Icon, it has a special name that I forget, which lets you change your gender & body scales
-Set up everything about your costume as you want it
-Export the costume to a file. Open the .costume file in notepad or similar
-Right at the top will be the "Scale" setting. If you're as short as the normal UI allows I believe it will be -33. Change this to -36.
-Import the .costume file and immediately Next etc and save
-I assume if you go back to the scales screen after opening this file it'll reset your height to the minimum, I just re-import the .costume as the last step and immediately next-next-finish

I was just looking at the blaster sets and the primaries that look like they'll work for a flier (ranged nuke) are archery, elec, ice, water; and the secondaries good for range look like dev, tactical arrow, plant, and maybe time (non-pbaoe sustains), so I'm gonna make a cupid.

EDIT gently caress BEATEN OH NO, but it's important to note that outside of character creation only specific NPCs in icon/facemaker are able to change your body scales.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 17, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Ghost of Starman posted:

A quick shot at the Comic Con outdoor map at +4/x8 got me about 3.6mil in 16 minutes, and I pretty much have to gulp down purples as fast as I can combine 3-ofs. The fact that I'm performing *that* far below par is what made me feel like I need to do some optimizing.

Run it at +0/x8 with no bosses. Kill poo poo quicker and easier with just as many recipe drops. Then make & sell the IOs. Use converters to reroll anything that doesn't go for at least 1 mil (type-convert uncommons to rares, then rarity-convert the rares if they're too cheap). Reroll purples aiming for the ones worth 25M, it takes fewer converters than you'd think. You'll be a billionaire before you know it.

Edit: +0 and not -1 because you want them to be 50 and not 49. They need to be 50 to drop PVPs and purples.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 19, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Ghost of Starman posted:

Edit: Come to think of it, would someone mind taking a look at this Mids build and seeing if it looks like a good starting point for a 'budget' Rad/Fire build? If so I figure it makes more sense to hold on to the set pieces I already have rather than selling now + rebuying later. :shobon:

It looks mostly fine, but I'd make the following changes:

Fusion - make this 1 slot with just the gaussian's build-up proc, you aren't getting much from the full set here. (+5 slots)
Boxing - add two slots, fill it with 3 of the Stagger set, you just got back the fire def you pulled from Fusion. (-2 slots)
Weave, Maneuvers - Add one slot each. Give them a lotg +def, or just a generic def to be cheap. You now have actual softcapped fire def instead of just close. (-2 slots)
Stamina - Put another slot here for a generic end IO. Why do people always underslot stamina, I never have enough recovery, especially on a brute. (-1 slot)
Super Jump - I'd drop this for Tactics with a Adjusted tohit/end. Who the hell needs a travel if you're never leaving AE?
Rest - is the end mod here just a joke or what

Edit: Checking again, you don't need the def in maneuvers to still reach 45%. Instead you could maybe throw a recharge in Fusion, or if you still experience end issues, a Panacea in Health.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 20, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

FrostyPox posted:

Hell yeah, my dude

I haven't logged in in quite a while but goddamn I'm still so happy this game is back

That's right, guess I can't use the same Christmas wish this year that I've been hoping for for the past 6.

Also City of Titans is still being made and at least one other spiritual successor I can't remember the name of. 2020 will be a good year for gaming if nothing else at least.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Homecoming patch notes indicate, among other things, a fix for the Interface slot so that DoT procs should be worth taking now. Hooray!

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Soonmot posted:

/\ahhhh the terminal was so much cheaper when I got the level 25 ones that I didn't bother checking the ah

I'd rather do something fun with a character I want to play, though.

I've been out for a couple months, but the best thing to do that isn't farming and is actually fun is basically anything that gives reward merits - Trials, TFs, story arcs in Ouro or otherwse, whatever. The merits don't change based on difficulty so you can always run things at +0/x1. Used to be you'd just turn the merits in for enhancement converters and flip them on the AH, don't know if that's still the most profitable way to turn them in now but I'd assume so.

Alternatively you could actually make the recipes you get as drops, use the converters to turn them into something worth 1M+, and sell those instead. That gets real tedious after a while, though.

Incidentally, once you hit 50: you want to unlock your alpha slot, get it to t3 for the +1 level shift, and get other incarnate powers ASAP. On Homecoming you get to keep your incarnate stuff while running ANY 45+ content, and that's nearly as valuable as your IOs. The only restriction is the two +1 incarnate shifts that only apply to incarnate content, but that also includes everything in Dark Astoria.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 16, 2020

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Soonmot posted:

Okay, that brings up another question, what does conversion do? Do I know they change enhancements, but how?

Basically it just re-rolls crafted set enhancements. But you can choose to reroll either within the class (so a melee damage set io will become an io from another melee damage set), or within the rarity (basically getting a different Uncommon or Rare).

Thing is, if you reroll an uncommon within the class, most of the time it'll become a rare. Then if that rare isn't worth much, you can reroll it by rarity, and have a good shot of getting something that's at least worth more than you spent on crafting and converting.

It's kind of a hassle though. Easier to just throw the enhancement converters up on the AH for guaranteed profit.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 16, 2020

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Is the login server down?

I'm trying to diagnose my network anyway and want to make sure it's not me.

They're in extended maintenance still it looks like. They drop updates to #server-status-updates on the discord.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

I love the xp/inf fix, partly because it means I can go back to gaining veteran levels on my farmer to show off my e-peen, but also doubling inf by turning off xp was a stupid idea to begin with and only served to inflate the whole economy by double and then some and make everything twice as unaffordable for casual players. So it's good.

I also love this brawl. I really hope they put it in the P2W vendor or something after this.

I also love watching idiots on the homecoming forums whine about how the tiny man in a toga is breaking their immersion.

I love this game.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a way to double-box in Homecoming?

Just to clarify because I think atomicgeek skipped over the basic part; "double-boxing" in Homecoming is accomplished like this:

-Create a second account on the forums at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/
-In the launcher, select "Homecoming (64-Bit)", then click the Play button twice.

You can just buy the "Shadowy Presence" power from P2W on your second account, join the other account's team and hop into the mission and kick off that power, and you're golden. Just make sure you fight a bit away from your hidden character so it doesn't get murdered by aoes.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

John Murdoch posted:

But the weird middle of the road blend of the two has always felt off to me. :shrug: (I also loving hate Scourge!)

Oh man, so very much same. The same thing with Dominators. The weird middle-ground thing just ends up feeling really bad; in any given situation, I always feel like I'd be way better off just playing a blaster, defender, or controller. The trade-off isn't really much of a trade-off at all, you're just a weaker version of one thing or another.

In theory the thing that should set them apart is their inherents, but Scourge - a one-off damage bonus randomly and haphazardly applied, with a greater chance the less you actually need it? loving useless.

At least Dominators have a kind of self-sufficient playstyle. Corruptors still want a team, but when they get one, they just feel like the weakest DPS combined with the weakest force multiplier and it would always make more sense to bring a Blaster or Defender.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Nonexistence posted:

Isn't corrupter just a better defender in almost every situation though rather than the other way around?

-The damage difference between corrupter and defender is also small.
-Boosting minor damage is still a minor damage boost. The boost you can give to your teammates is worth more than your own.
-If the argument runs off the assumption that defense buffs & heals are moot on late game on full teams and only damage matters, the choice between corrupter and defender doesn't matter because why wouldn't you bring a blaster?

But kinda the more important point here...

-You're only one person, one character. You have to choose what to build for, and what actions to take from moment to moment. If you're a defender, you can pick powers and bonuses to maximize your buffs, and focus on them. If you're a blaster, you can focus on taking attacks and maximizing your damage, and focus on the enemies. If you're a corrupter, you're having to divide your efforts, so at any time you're either being a weaker defender or a weaker blaster. That versatility really doesn't mean very much in this game; there just aren't a lot of situations where it makes sense to split these roles rather than focus on one.

Sidenote, everyone I've seen defending corrupters always say the same thing - kin, kin, kin. Kinetics and specifically Fulcrum Shift are really powerful, sure. But it's overpowered across all ATs that get it. Saying corrupters are just fine because the one specific set that's OP is perfectly playable kinda proves the point when that's the only powerset that works, and it's still more effective on a controller, mastermind, or defender. I know I'm the one bringing up kin specifically but when people start referring to defender set damage boosts I assume that's mostly what they're referencing.

I guess the only reason I'm still going on about this is because I really feel corrupters need a buff across the board (and possibly kin needs a nerf). What I like personally is taking that kheldian passive that boosts what your team needs based on team makup; if you're short on DPS, corrupter should get more damage, if you need support, corrupter should get stronger buffs. That would lean into the whole versatility concept but not leave them just a gimped version of either/or.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

DangerDan posted:

They do work on MMs, but Speed Boost does absolutely nothing besides giving them movement speed. That means all you have is Fulcrum Shift to bolster your bets, which you don't get until 38 so in turn you'll get your rear end beat by anything you engage for the first 37 levels assuming you don't powerlevel. Getting mileage out of the heal for Kinetics needs a level of micro vs. ranged enemies that I would not wish upon anyone.

That does sound pretty useless; but I saw someone mention the Thunderspy server recently, where I guess there are some changes to MMs intended to lean into the 'expendable pets resummoned constantly' playstyle, like the upgrades being passives that are just automatically applied. A secondary where you basically just buff your own recharge and team damage but have no defenses at all might conceivably work there? I play mostly MMs and now kinda want to try it. It is a long wait to 38 though.

Edit: Oh god, I found the Thunderspy site and of course they're saying to download "Sweet Tea" or "Cream Soda". I added them in Tequila because that's the original instructions I followed, the manifest appears to work but it's pushing Cream Soda with "Nobody should control or gatekeep City of Heroes. This is a free and unbiased launcher, with no community affiliation whatsoever."

I couldn't give less of a drat about whatever community wars are going on here, does anyone here know if there's some real genuine compelling reason I shouldn't just keep using Tequila so long as it works?

Also, turns out Kinetics is not proliferated to Masterminds there.

vv Tequila/Sweet Tea/Cream Soda are the launchers. Homecoming is where the players are; you can use any launcher to access Homecoming. (Well, as far as I know.)

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 4, 2020

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Since we're talking about Beast Mastery - and I love fighting with wolves at my side, I don't care what you say - I might as well post this build. I stopped trying to make uber builds after the Widow who wrecks everything, and mostly have gimmick characters with cheap builds to support a specific playstyle; but this guy, after getting Clarion anyway, is actually surprisingly effective and very fun. He's Beast/Nature with full fighting pool.

Pets on def/follow, fire off aoe buffs, leap in and start punching and kicking things. Corrosive & Spore Cloud on heavy targets. Mostly just let the pets do their thing. If you have Entangling Aura on, manually target held enemies as their numbers whittle. Overgrowth could easily be made perma with purples, but I wanted to keep this build relatively cheap. Hasten is 3-slotted because Nature really loves recharge. Defenses are divided between def & res because Nature doesn't add much to either, but it still works out fairly well combined with its absorb, regen, and bodyguard. Near-perma Overgrowth makes end basically a non-issue, so toggle it up.

Nature is really good on a mastermind, IMO, if only because of Wild Bastion - an AoE buff that puts absorption barriers on you and your pets. Pretty great with bodyguard. Clarion is obligatory though.

Crazy Wolf Man: Level 50 Natural Mastermind

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 5, 2020

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Origin travel powers that would be cool: Ninja Run but enhanceable and without the animation. Fly but with Hover's air control. Hover with a teleport and minus the annoying sfx.

What we've got so far: Fly with a teleport, super speed with a teleport.

Jump with a smash was a pretty good idea imo, though I've never used it in practice.

Every time I take Mystic Flight I end up regretting it because it's so unfun to control. Combat Jumping helps, but if I'm taking Sorcery I'm probably already crunched by the 4-pool limit.

IMO the origin pools should be their own separate ancillary pool and not count against the 4 pool limit.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 10, 2020

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Harrow posted:

The Combat Teleport ability is definitely what caught my eye the most. I've always thought the idea of teleporting around a bunch was really cool but just not all that practical in CoH. This might make enough of a difference that I'll go for it with a couple characters. I have a Time Manipulation Defender who has flight right now just for ease of use but teleportation feels much more right for him.

It sounds really cool but now we need Combat Teleport power customization with the costume change emotes as animation options.

Also, IMO the fix that's needed for the teleport thing, and for lots of other convenience issues in this game, is to make accolades (and maybe badges in general?) account-wide instead of character-specific. I don't think most players would mind having to run around zones collecting exploration badges if they only had to do it once, forever. I would find it fun, personally.. once.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 26, 2020

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

John Murdoch posted:

My one problem with making the exploration accolades global is that each one also rewards 5 merits. Not a huge amount compared to something like WST Posi or whatever, but I do usually find myself grabbing Atlas/Kings Row/Steel on the quick to generate a free chunk of 'em (and the exploration XP doesn't hurt either).

This is going to come off kinda long-winded, but what else are we gonna talk about here besides what all the old guard got wrong..

This perspective kinda reminds me of my Kingdom of Loathing days; for anyone unaware, in that game, you had a certain amount of turns per day, in which to gain currency and XP before you were locked out until the next day. Lots of players of course interpreted that as a game where you were trying to make as much progress as you can in those turns. This created 'degenerate gameplay' where people would do things like extend battles to just below the maximum round limit so they can use an ability that had a small chance to return currency every round, tying up both server and player resources and real-time. They started to refer to this behavior as 'dick-stabbing', saying that some players would happily stab themselves in the dick over and over for hours a day if it meant a slightly greater progress:turn ratio.

This perspective comes off as very dick-stabby to me. You don't actually want to run around collecting exploration badges on every new character; you just want some reward merits. In this era of a million games to play and limited player time, I'd rather Homecoming just give every new character a handful of starting merits and have the exploration badges/accolades account-wide than have to waste a bunch of time running around rather than playing. If that could be exploited by people who want to just make a million characters, turn in merits, and trade the rewards around, well, let them. That's just another form of dick-stabbing anyway.

At this point there is no reason whatsoever to maintain tedious, repetitive gameplay requirements for convenience abilities or minor rewards. Running around all over is fun the first time, but there's no reason to make me spend hours doing it again and again, I'll just play something else instead.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Haven't played with it yet; but Combat Teleport really looks like a waste of a power pick, but I'm going to respec into it on every single character anyway because goddamn does it sound fun.

Need to fit it in on my widow so I can just pop into the middle of a group and scream them to death.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Gynovore posted:

Speed that animation up 10x, use it for Sprint.

I would pay money for this option

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Warcabbit posted:

combat looks like two people standing next to each other till one of them no longer has a red bar. Then one wanders off.

Can't wait to try out City of Stoics

Personally I appreciate you keeping this thread updated, I think I follow the CoT twitter but hardly ever actually see what it posts. If you don't post here I might miss it whenever it's ready. Despite CoH reappearing, I'm still really eager and hopeful for this successor, whenever it's ready. Thank you!

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Diephoon posted:

I tried those before and I don't see the need for such granular control vs having "attack" on Q and "heel" on E. Could you give some examples of cool things you can do with the numpad binds?

I might be the wrong person to answer because I don't really MM granularly much myself, but I will say that the usefulness depends on your powersets, build, and strategy.

I have a beasts/nature that just leaves wolves on Def/Follow and leaps headlong into the action with his full fighting pool. It was conceived as a gimmick but is amazingly fun and surprisingly effective (damage is meh, but survivability is amazing). He has basically no need of binds due to how it plays. Bots/FF hardly needs binds either, because your bots are pretty much invincible and all fight from range; just set your defenses, pick a target, and attack/aggressive.

People who do play them granularly will do things like: Keep the minions on Bodyguard while sending in the big guns, or move specific pet types around the battlefield depending on their strengths and weaknesses.

I think Necro is a set that does shout for some granularity. Zombies are slow and die more easily than your other pets, so you might wanna move them around while letting the knights and lich be. The lich can attack at range, so you might wanna keep it close to you and send your knights in to tank / sacrifice. Or you might wanna send your lich in alone to be slaughtered, so you can bring in a ghost.

Personally though, rather than using a general bind set, I like to make macro buttons for specific strategies (petcom_pow Lich goto, petcom_pow Zombie defensive follow, etc). It's just easier to me to smack the relevant button in the heat of the moment than think about the key combination to do what's needed.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 9, 2021

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

New Beta patch notes for Homecoming with some really cool and good travel power changes. Here's a taste:

quote:

Fly + Hover

Previously: These powers couldn't be used together - you had to choose between Fly's speed and Hover's defensive buff
Now: You'll gain the fly speed of Fly, along with the air control and defensive bonus of Hover

No more taking CJ with Fly just for the air control, hooray!

edit - wait, what?

quote:

Mastermind Henchmen Summons have had their recharge times reduced:
T1 Henchmen: reduced from 60s to 5s
T2 Henchmen: reduced from 90s to 10s
T3 Henchmen: reduced from 120s to 15s
These summon powers are no longer affected by recharge buffs or debuffs
Mastermind Henchmen Summons have had their endurance costs reduced:
T1 Henchmen: reduced from 19.5 end to 5.46 end
T2 Henchmen: reduced from 19.5 end to 9.62 end
T3 Henchmen: reduced from 19.5 end to 13.18 end
Henchmen upgrade end costs have been reduced from 22.75 to 11.375
Note: This were some quick low hanging changes to help Masterminds out a bit, we are currently investigating further improvements to Masterminds for the future

So, they're catering to the idea of just throwing wave after wave of minions at your enemies? Seems like that could end up pretty OP but okay

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 13, 2021

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Deki posted:

Did one of the homecoming servers get dropped at one point? I re-downloaded the game, and my level 50s are gone, but all (or at least most) of the rest of my alts are still there :(

The only reason I could think of for this to happen is if you moved your 50s to a different server. I'm not aware of any of them getting dropped, but if one was, they would've moved characters to a different one.

Check all the other servers and see if your 50s are on one of them..

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Diephoon posted:

What kinds of characters have you all made or seen that kinetics made sense for?

My ill/kin is a ghost named "Spectre Holobyte", which.. kinda makes sense I guess? Sapping energy from enemies and feeding it to allies? But mostly I think kinetics is pretty hard to theme for. If I was gonna make a kin defender they'd probably just be a former physics professor or something.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

So after the recent discussion in this thread I made a en/elec brute to try that out. I'm not high enough yet to say anything about those sets, but because I don't bother with defenses early on or Hasten until SOs, I had a free power pick at 6, so I grabbed Combat Teleport.

Holy poo poo is it satisfying as hell warping from one guy to the next, punching them in the face.

I usually use two macros to switch between 'travel' and 'combat', with travel turning on Athletic Run and Sprint, and combat turning them off and turning on whatever I need to fight. Right now my 'combat' macro ends with "powexeclocation target Combat Teleport" and I just keep smacking it to zip and punch. It's freakin' great. A++ highly recommend.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Looks like the Homecoming folks are testing out a new game mechanic in a subtle way - "Singularity will now slowly pull enemies towards it, allowing it to make much greater use of the Repel effect"

Sounds like there may be more mob positioning and moving stuff in the future, not just knock back.

You know, it never occurred to me until just now, but the seemly kinda useless Fold Space in Teleport could be real interesting combined with Repel or Whirlwind or something.

Edit: Heck, a "powexec_location back:20 Combat Teleport" macro to precede a Gale or any other cone power could be slick as hell also.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 30, 2021

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Warcabbit posted:

Just checking in. Still working on combat, but we got both flight and super flight in. Running and jumping are still on the board, but combat first. Me? Been in the hospital since January, project didn't slow down much.

Well, at least you got in early to beat the rush?

But really, I'm real sorry to hear about that man and I hope you recover soon.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Every archetype has its strengths and weaknesses, and for most these are obvious, but for some reason MMs seem to really drive people to want to do strange things with them that aren't really playing to their strengths.

Where MMs excel is plowing through every kind of solo content. With Bodyguard you have great defense with no holes in it, you have a variety of attack types (ahem, usually), and you have the most options for switching up your playstyle. But they're not good for farming, nor are they good for PVP, and honestly I avoid using them for teaming in general if just because of the cacophony.

They're so good at just churning through the game normally though, you should just get a good normal build and play it straight. You'll make them expees and inf plenty fast enough, and you'll be actually be having fun to boot!

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Seventh Arrow posted:

This is my 23 scrapper, am I ok to use these generic-ish IO's until 50?

Do this:

-With all your defense toggles on, open the Powers list with the Powers button above the tray.
-Click "Combat Attributes" to see all your pretty numbers.
-Click the + next to "Defense" to get a look at your defense totals to various positions and damage types.

The thing about Defense is that it gets better and better the closer you get to the 45% softcap, but at the same time, is pretty negligible below like 25% or so. Basically, at 45% you're dodging roughly 90% of incoming attacks; at 25%, you're dodging roughly half. Because it's evasion and therefore probabilistic, dodging half attacks means that *sometimes* you'll dodge a lot, and *sometimes* you'll eat dirt. I personally hate that, so I usually don't bother with Defense until I'm able to stack it up to about 35%+. This is why so many people take things like Combat Jumping and Weave, so they can stack as much as possible to get to the softcap.

If you can't get your defense above about 20%, IMO you're better off just ignoring it and focusing on killing as quick as you can. I don't know exactly where your defenses are, but I'm guessing they're still too low to matter much, so personally I'd respec out of that and six-slot all my attacks instead - one or two acc, three or four damage depending on where the numbers end up at that stage, the rest end or procs if you can afford them.

And yeah, three-slotted stamina is good.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

That's better than I expected and you've gotten good advice already, but be aware the larger Stealth part of that defense is only active while you're not fighting. As soon as you start fighting it'll drop to just the smaller number. You can test this by right-click -> Monitoring your Melee and Ranged defense values, and watch as they change in battle.

Your "real" defense value is around 32%, so you're dodging about two thirds of all melee and ranged attacks with all your toggles on. That's certainly worth keeping active, but it'd be a good idea to look into what Abe suggested; Combat Jumping, Tough with the two +def IOs (doesn't need to be toggled on for those bonuses to work), and enhanced Weave all together would probably get you to the softcap. At your level I don't know if you'll be able to respec into all those reasonably, or if you need a couple more power picks yet to get there.

Maneuvers and Stealth also provide defense, but they have a much higher ratio of end cost per def. I wouldn't advise them unless you're up to like 42% already and really need them to hit the cap, but with SR, that really shouldn't be the case.

Oh, regarding end costs: End cost reduction gets less effective per-power the more you have. My typical slotting for Def toggles is one split Def/End set IO, and one Def. Just one slot, or half a slot when you look into set IOs, of End redux in each power can go a long way.

Edit: vv I just popped open Mids and toyed with the numbers, thinking about doing SR myself. Using level 50 set IOs, alongside CJ, Tough with the two +3% passives, and Weave, with everything reasonably well slotted with 3 slots each, I hit 44.52% positional def. I have to either add a fourth slot to the toggles, or switch the LotG Def/+Rech and Def/Ends to just Def IOs, to break 45%. Even then if I set their levels to 25 it drops back down to 44.5.. Point being that SR will get you to the caps "easily", but not Training Origin easily.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 16, 2022

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Wait, you can slot more than 6 now?????

Someone give me a Spines/Fire Brute farming build. I need to remake this dude NOW.

They did for like a day, but after they found it was too powerful they implemented "slot diversification", so each slot after the 6th is now 10% as effective as the previous one.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Freakazoid_ posted:

I want them to go crazy and offer a power pools only archetype.

It's be kind of cool if silly tbh, and create a good reason to dip into some of the lesser-used ones. Start by making every power work to its highest possible scaling, like defender numbers for Leadership and blaster numbers for Fighting etc, and.. well it'd still be really weak, but throw in an extra, earlier epic pool choice starting at like 24, choosing from all the epic sets available to all other ATs, maybe that could work? Probably still just end up with a 'one build to rule all' situation that way though.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Nonexistence posted:

FWIW I do think regen's t9 is underrated, it's now a "fast" recharging like 7 second "i'm unfuckwithable" that you can use to spot check alpha strikes, big AV hits, etc. It's cool and unique, synergizes with covering regen's weaknesses, and requires a higher level of situational awareness than most other defensive things in the game.

This actually leads into another problem, but not just with Regen.
If you're building for MoG you're building recharge, which means both perma-hasten and perma-Dull Pain.
But you only get one autofire. So you set that to Hasten but then have to remember to kick off DP every couple minutes manually.

There are so many sets that would be so vastly improved just by being able to set multiple autofires. If there's one thing I'd love to see in a future Homecoming update it'd be that, whatever it takes.

Regen would probably still suck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Potsticker posted:

Personally I feel they could get rid of it altogether. Just buff the recharge on certain powers and let people put recharge ehancements in their powers to a point where they can have perma dom or whatever power they like.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Hasten buffs recharge by 70%. Outside of itself and its slotting, it requires about another 200% in recharge bonuses to be 'perma'. So 200% in bonuses yields 270% total for a 35% increase. Less than 200% in bonuses, you're getting somewhere less than 270% total, proportional to how much hasten is up vs down.

So, get rid of hasten entirely. Then, increase all recharge bonuses from powers and sets by 35% to compensate. Boom, everybody gets that power slot back, players don't have to do anything, existing builds can stay pretty much the same.

Edit: My math is off, because I was looking at Mids numbers without realizing it shows a base 100%. So to mimic Hasten it'd have to be more like 70/105 for a whopping 67% increase to all recharge bonuses.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 3, 2022