Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

citations needed is sometimes good but sometimes theyre just gayass nerds

at least they're nerds about stuff that actually matters instead of a one-person human centipede of pop culture garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I was engaged in the noblest endeavour known to man, defending podcasters online. What have YOU done lately for your country, VP?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Xaris posted:

wait what happened? i didnt listen to a lot of their earlier stuff and might have missed a bunch of drama.

RL Stephens is a rapist who used his charisma, position in the DSA, and blackness as bludgeons to discredit and marginalize his victims

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Ace of Baes posted:

maybe if you signed up to go fight imperial wars of aggression you shouldn't scold people for following problematic people on Twitter, glass houses and all that

:ironicat:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Finicums Wake posted:

please post about podcasts,. thanks!!

*another finger on monkey's paw curls*

https://twitter.com/rvtausz/status/1141052137910276096?s=19

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
our only choices are social fascism or Strasserism, and nothing else. wrap it up leftailures

e: https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1142104682783027200?s=19

Autism Sneaks has issued a correction as of 08:25 on Jun 22, 2019

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Victory Position posted:

take it to the Chapo thread in RGD you weirdos and freaks

we're dragging a stupid political statement someone made on a podcast that isn't cum town or chapo, in the subforum to drag stupid politics, in the thread for podcasts that aren't cum town. settle down

Venom Snake posted:

i still don't understand why loving people who follow you on twitter is a problem

i block all the people i gently caress, in accordance with the etiquette of online. that is why i have zero followers :frogc00l:

Autism Sneaks has issued a correction as of 08:56 on Jun 22, 2019

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
i didn't know the Nagle transcript was posted in the RGD thread first, and anyways it's more at odds with that thread's purview than it is to this one's so :shrug:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Dr. Killjoy posted:

she could have interviewed goons and made a far better thesis based around the “failson”

to be fair I think one or two "academics" already tried this and the results were disastrous yet hilarious

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
welcum 2 the holistic integrative conciousness

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
fun drinking game: take a shot for every time Marianne drops a famous person quote that you'd see on an inspirational office poster. two for every time Virgil does it

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
it really sucks that the last and only hostile Chapo interview was the Reason magazine dweeb

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Shakenbaker posted:

How did the stream go tonight? Did Matt steal Amber's Buckfast and swear a fatwa against someone?

could have replaced Felix with a soundboard of every time he's cursed with one of those drinking birds hitting the keys. just constantly on the cusp of a heated gaming moment lol

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Badger of Basra posted:

“eventually”

pretty sure we just had a line drawn between all the Brooklyn podcasters who are decent, sincere human beings and the ones who are bitter, shallow, hollowed-out shells over the Kath CK tweets

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lol Matt lit af and screaming "YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE YOU MORONS" at Twitch chat after Virgil had them confirm his favorite kind of apple was red

e: it was also really sweet when Matt drunkenly gushed over how pure Chris is

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/chatforgirls/status/1144833170619023362?s=19

godspeed girls chat

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

is arpwel verboten in this thread

unless he started a podcast how is that even a question you pudding-brained droog

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Ross making overtures for Amber to become his next tradwife, watch out Abigail

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
she produces lots of "insights" but she has absolutely zero introspection.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

sleeptalker posted:

Turn on your monitor.

stop listening to my podcast

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Ace of Baes posted:

if you don't like it when people do blow you're a loving goober

shocker that noted imperialist-trained monkey AoB supports the drug trade that has become the most persistent legacy of Western destabilization of the global South

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

get that OUT of my face posted:

now that Dasha and Adam have broken up, i no longer feel compelled to listen to Red Scare or give them $5 a month for new episodes. the good insights there are constantly buried under a mountain of eye-rolling takes

:frogout:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/1150264754772041728?s=19

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/CourtneySoliday/status/1151020799496728576?s=19

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

I've missed all the amber/red scare stuff (I dont listen to red scare). is there an article that explains it well? amber gettin' cancelled or what?

the short version is Amber and her friend Anna, one of the Red Scare hosts, did an interview with the libertarian Koch brothers vehicle sp!ked with such gems as Amber claiming that effete white women in America are removing their ovaries en masse, and Anna declaring that America fundamentally isn't a white supremacist country. if you want an article/long version, this is pretty comprehensive

and to answer your question no, because Amber basically can't be cancelled

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

a Loving Dog posted:

anna sucks but amber is cool

why [is amber cool]

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

a Loving Dog posted:

because she does cocaine and makes people like you mad, duh

imagine being alive almost four decades on this earth and still be thinking like this

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
they need someone who can nail a guest's rear end to the wall with the same savagery they will eviscerate people who aren't recording with them, instead of practically giving these gimmick presidential candidates a free platform with Virgil unintentionally reprising his nebbish DigCast character. I was hoping that could be Matt, but the Marianne interview seemed to demonstrate that without some liquid courage in him his contributions would amount to almost an afterthought

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Gripweed posted:

Chapo did literally one adversarial interview ever, and it was so bad they almost didn't release it. I don't know why people are expecting them to "Nail Marianne's rear end to the wall" or whatever

maybe rear end-nailing is a bit loaded, I think everyone who listened agreed the Reason interview sucked, but you have to know what I mean when I say that these primary ghouls should be exposed as clowns and oafs who have no business in politics leaving as little doubt as they do in regular episodes, so even the Yang Gang incels with skulls so thick they could stop anti-materiel rounds realize the hosts don't take this guy seriously and shut up or get defensive, instead of filling the replies to the video with "WOW Yang did great! King!!"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
haha holy poo poo, Felix going "Well there's a pretty good DSA chapter on that [Jeffrey Epstein's] island" and then Brace correcting him "Yeah, yeah.. well it's a YDSA chapter" killed me

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Dreylad posted:

always a little surreal to hear a popular podcast make goon island zipline jokes.

it was probably a deeper cut than most of their auteur references that make people go "is this podcast made for just me/five people?"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1157502731109707776?s=19

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

haha holy poo poo a Shakesville mod in the wild. I don't think a more damaged kind of lib feminist brain exists, even McEwan is second to the kind of person who would be her apostles

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I want to trade dads with Will

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

Virgil questioned Michael Moore more intensely than he questions actual candidates for public office.

I agreed with Virgil but it was still odd.

Also cringey how Moore went all in with "The Zoomers Will Save Us"

Otherwise it was a good Chapo ep

I hope it's a response to criticism he got for the last two interviews, which he as the caring wonk of the cast is more inclined to do, as opposed to Will who responds to such criticisms by taking the most extreme of them (e.g. the ones saying giving Marianne a platform when she's an anti-vaxxer was materially harmful) and making a big jerkoff motion

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lmaooo

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1160204485643440129?s=19

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I was hoping for a brand new pile of slop for my run this evening. You disappoint me, Mr. Chapo.

they finally have their live show from Des Moines up on the premium feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

uber_stoat posted:

congrats to new couple Anna Khachiyan and Ian Miles Chong!

Michael Tracey would murder IMC in a jealous rage so I'm here for it